Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Republican Florida state Rep. Bob Allen guilty in bathroom-sex case

http://www.wtlv.com/news/florida/new...?storyid=95889

TALLAHASSEE, FL (AP) -- State Rep. Bob Allen resigned Friday after being convicted of agreeing to pay $20 to perform oral sex on an undercover police officer in the men's room of a Titusville park.

The Merritt Island Republican submitted his resignation to House Speaker Marco Rubio, who had been pressing Allen to give up his seat since Nov. 9, when a Brevard County jury found him guilty of soliciting for sex.

Allen was sentenced to six months on probation and fined $250 Thursday, when he also filed an appeal. He could have received a maximum of 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.

"Due to the requirements of my family and private life, and in order to seek justice in the upcoming appeal process, I regretfully would like to inform you that I will need to resign," Allen wrote in the letter to Rubio, R-West Miami.

Allen was known for trying to pass tougher public lewdness laws since being elected in 2000. He had been planning to run for the Florida Senate next year.

His resignation will go into effect Feb. 15 or when a replacement is elected. Gov. Charlie Crist is expected to order a special election in Allen's Space Coast district.

"Floridians in House District 32 deserve a strong voice to represent them in the Florida House, and I am encouraged that they will now have that opportunity," said Florida Republican Party Chairman Jim Greer.

Greer had joined Rubio and other GOP leaders in calling for Allen's resignation immediately after he was convicted.

Rubio said then that it was impossible for Allen "to represent responsibly the citizens of his district." The speaker, though, had no comment on the resignation Friday, said House spokeswoman Jill Chamberlin.

If Allen had not resigned the House could have removed him but probably not until March when the Legislature begins its next regular session. A special session was unlikely because the Senate also would have to convene even though only the House could take action against Allen.

Officer Danny Kavanaugh testified the lawmaker peered over a stall at him in July and asked to go somewhere private. Kavanaugh said he then told Allen "I'm looking to get some money. Can you hook me up with $20."

Defense lawyers denied Allen was seeking sex but was afraid the officer intended to rob him so he went along with whatever the he said until he could get away.

In his letter to Rubio, Allen said serving in the House was an honor he'll never forget and that helped him gain greater insights about Florida.

"Florida's future will be bright if we pursue our opportunities while maintaining the solid principles which built our foundation," Allen wrote. "I look forward to working with you and the members of the Florida House in the future."

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    sickoooo

pwned

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post

http://www.wtlv.com/news/florida/new...?storyid=95889

TALLAHASSEE, FL (AP) -- State Rep. Bob Allen resigned Friday after being convicted of agreeing to pay $20 to perform oral sex on an undercover police officer in the men's room of a Titusville park.

The Merritt Island Republican submitted his resignation to House Speaker Marco Rubio, who had been pressing Allen to give up his seat since Nov. 9, when a Brevard County jury found him guilty of soliciting for sex.

Allen was sentenced to six months on probation and fined $250 Thursday, when he also filed an appeal. He could have received a maximum of 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.

"Due to the requirements of my family and private life, and in order to seek justice in the upcoming appeal process, I regretfully would like to inform you that I will need to resign," Allen wrote in the letter to Rubio, R-West Miami.

Allen was known for trying to pass tougher public lewdness laws since being elected in 2000. He had been planning to run for the Florida Senate next year.

His resignation will go into effect Feb. 15 or when a replacement is elected. Gov. Charlie Crist is expected to order a special election in Allen's Space Coast district.

"Floridians in House District 32 deserve a strong voice to represent them in the Florida House, and I am encouraged that they will now have that opportunity," said Florida Republican Party Chairman Jim Greer.

Greer had joined Rubio and other GOP leaders in calling for Allen's resignation immediately after he was convicted.

Rubio said then that it was impossible for Allen "to represent responsibly the citizens of his district." The speaker, though, had no comment on the resignation Friday, said House spokeswoman Jill Chamberlin.

If Allen had not resigned the House could have removed him but probably not until March when the Legislature begins its next regular session. A special session was unlikely because the Senate also would have to convene even though only the House could take action against Allen.

Officer Danny Kavanaugh testified the lawmaker peered over a stall at him in July and asked to go somewhere private. Kavanaugh said he then told Allen "I'm looking to get some money. Can you hook me up with $20."

Defense lawyers denied Allen was seeking sex but was afraid the officer intended to rob him so he went along with whatever the he said until he could get away.

In his letter to Rubio, Allen said serving in the House was an honor he'll never forget and that helped him gain greater insights about Florida.

"Florida's future will be bright if we pursue our opportunities while maintaining the solid principles which built our foundation," Allen wrote. "I look forward to working with you and the members of the Florida House in the future."
    Every person that you start a thread about, in regards to lewd sexual behavior, is homosexual. Are you trying to say that homosexuals display inappropriate sexual behavior more frequently than heteros?
    Last edited by Logan13; 11-19-2007 at 06:39 PM.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13 View Post
    Every person that you start a thread about, in regards to lewd sexual behavior, is homosexual. Are you trying to say that homosexuals display inappropriate sexual behavior more frequently than heteros?
    They are also all republicans so can we assume that Republicans display innappropriate sexual behavior more frequently than everyone else?

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    They are also all republicans so can we assume that Republicans display innappropriate sexual behavior more frequently than everyone else?

CAT1 is offline Female Member
    ditto

No, I'm saying that holier-than-thou Conservative Republicans who are married with kids troll public restrooms for gay sex.

Yep, they're heterosexual most of the time, but every now and then break with their own anti-gay rhetoric for a walk on the wild side.

Ya, the word I'm looking for here is HYPOCRITE.

No, I'm saying that holier-than-thou Conservative Republicans who are married with kids troll public restrooms for gay sex.

Yep, they're heterosexual most of the time, but every now and then break with their own anti-gay rhetoric for a walk on the wild side.

I do not recall a "hetero thread". gay is gay, political party has nothing to do with it.

Tock would not post a thread about some gay Democrat, I do not recall an "outing thread" about the New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey. Therefore, Tock seems to be as hypocritical as those he is posting about.
    Hmmmm, imagine that.........

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Tock would not post a thread about some gay Democrat, I do not recall an "outing thread" about the New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey. Therefore, Tock seems to be as hypocritical as those he is posting about.
    Hmmmm, imagine that.........
    McGreevey never voted for open discrimination and never campaigned on a platform that was in step in what he practiced in his daily life. These Republicans were the Christian Conservative, anti-gay, family values cats that preached against homosexuality. McGreevey also isn't guilty of lewd acts in public.

McGreevey never voted for open discrimination and never campaigned on a platform that was in step in what he practiced in his daily life. These Republicans were the Christian Conservative, anti-gay, family values cats that preached against homosexuality. McGreevey also isn't guilty of lewd acts in public.

Let's know what the facts before we post..........
    Hypocrites seem to be the ones to always point out others' hypocrisy, Bg.
    McGreevey's hypocritical voting record:
    - opposed sexual orientation being protected by civil rights laws
    - opposed gay marriage
    http://www.issues2000.org/Jim_McGree...m#Civil_Rights

He is not "guilty" of being gay. He is just guilty of giving away important positions(State of New Jersey as the Homeland Security advisor to the governor) to totally unqualified gay lover(Cipel) who happened not to be a US citizen. "We will not skimp on security. We actually brought on a security advisor from the Israel Defense Forces, probably the best in the world."

http://debatebothsides.com/archive/i...hp/t-8720.html
    Since he took the reins in January 2002, the shakedowns and corruption have surfaced seemingly non-stop:

 Businessman Charles Kushner, McGreevey's largest all-time contributor, has been charged with obstruction of justice, conspiracy to promote prostitution, and retaliation against witnesses. He is also under federal investigation for illegal corporate contributions. McGreevey appointed Kushner to the powerful board overseeing the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, but the ensuing political controversy forced Kushner to resign the post.

 A leading fund-raiser for the governor, David D'Amiano, was indicted earlier this summer on extortion charges for offering the governor's assistance to a farmer in solving a land dispute in return for that farmer handing over $40,000 in cold, hard cash. In a conversation with the farmer that was tape-recorded by authorities, the governor used a code word allegedly designed to confirm McGreevey's commitment to the illegal deal. McGreevey argues the use of the apt word "Machavellian" was coincidental.

 A year ago, The Record of Bergen County published a story charging that Rajesh "Roger" Chugh used threats of government retaliation and promises of jobs or public permits to shake down as much as a million dollars from the Asian-American community for McGreevey's campaigns. McGreevey was repeatedly warned about the corruption, but did nothing — save appointing Chugh to a neat position in his administration. Chugh has now resigned and state and federal probes have been launched into his fund-raising for McGreevey.

 The governor's former campaign manager and first chief of staff, Gary Taffet, and his campaign finance chief and first chief counsel, Paul Levinsohn, are under federal investigation for allegedly using the governor's office to assist their private billboard-development business, in addition to other alleged crimes. Two other members of McGreevy's campaign fund-raising team have already pled guilty to various federal charges and are now cooperating against Taffet and Levinsohn.

 Last month, Commerce Secretary William Watley resigned amid a state ethics investigation into charges of funneling money to a business he had a financial stake in and awarding no-bid contracts to people connected to his office.

 McGreevey's attorney general, Peter Harvey, was sanctioned by the state ethics commission for accepting free boxing tickets from the same boxing promoters he regulates. A judge also criticized the attorney general for accepting a plea deal in a corruption case concerning a company represented by a close friend.

The list of other ethical lapses, poor judgments, shady deals, resignations and criminal investigations goes on and on and on. . . .

But the most breathtaking scandal of all involves Golan Cipel, whose threatened sexual harassment lawsuit against McGreevey (along with ample soul-searching by McGreevey, of course) ultimately ended McGreevey's governorship.

Aides confirmed that the governor had a sexual relationship with Golan Cipel. Thick clouds of smoke suggest that this sexual relationship led to jobs for Cipel, first with the Democratic State Committee and then, after McGreevey won office, a $110,000 job with the State of New Jersey as the Homeland Security advisor to the governor.

Then problems surfaced. For starters, Cipel had none of the qualifications one would expect in such a position. He had no security background. Cipel is a citizen of Israel, not the U.S., and therefore wasn't even allowed to receive security briefings from the Feds. His only qualification seemed to be effusive praise from McGreevey. Under fire, Cipel left the administration for a series of jobs with politically-connected businesses.

Originally Posted by Tock

I do not recall a "hetero thread". gay is gay, political party has nothing to do with it.
    Sorry, but the Political Party has everything to do with it.

For years, the Republicans have portrayed themselves as being the pro-morality Party; of Christian Morality; and the Democrats of being defenders of people of low-morals and wanton depravity. Under closer examination, it appears that these "Right-Wing Christian Champions of Morality" are dirt-dog tearoom-cruising dick-sucking hypocrites.

Democrats, on the other hand, aren't hypocrites on this issue, because they don't lambast gays as being moral lepers, and don't preach in church against "sexual immorality" while they themselves patronize whores.

Yeah, it has everything to do with Political Party.

Diamonite is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Haha. Glad this creep was found guilty...

Originally Posted by Tock

Sorry, but the Political Party has everything to do with it.

For years, the Republicans have portrayed themselves as being the pro-morality Party; of Christian Morality; and the Democrats of being defenders of people of low-morals and wanton depravity. Under closer examination, it appears that these "Right-Wing Christian Champions of Morality" are dirt-dog tearoom-cruising dick-sucking hypocrites.

Democrats, on the other hand, aren't hypocrites on this issue, because they don't lambast gays as being moral lepers, and don't preach in church against "sexual immorality" while they themselves patronize whores.

Yeah, it has everything to do with Political Party.
    McGreevey voted against all "gay rights" bills and movements. He was married with children. He gave a security position to a person who was not only unqualified but also not even a US citizen....who just happened to be his gay lover. You need to refine your understanding of hypocritical as you may find yourself as guilty as those that you wish to "out"....

Thread Information