CYCLEON Guest

HERE WE GO - the heat is on!!!!

now we see why it is bad news to start a gun fight when you are holding a water gun and we are holding a cannon.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah, he's in for a long couple of months. it's gonna get awful cold in those caves. they ran like little girls to the mountains. sounds like saddams boys.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    It will get worse before it gets better.Lets hope no-one else joins in like Iraq could get messy.

I don,t understand it to be honest we bomb them then place extra security around airports,government buildings ect in fear of terrorist actions.I thought the idea was to be preventing that?

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Good will come off this I hope.

did you guys see that we bombed them then dropped food and first aid? are we kidding? are we trying to kill them or not?

CYCLEON Guest
    we want to fatten them up for the kill - nahhhh. that way we can drop more bombs than if we didnt show that we cared for the suffering afghan - who rally would be ever to happy to get rid of the taliban as well - believe me, I sit in on meeting and know this for a fact.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The bombs are for the Taleban and Bin Laden's training camps. The food is a gesture of friendship towards the Afghani people, a way of saying that the attacks aren't anti-muslim.

we have too many warm and fuzzies in this country. we shouldn't have to prove to anyone that we aren't attacking islam. they should already know that our beef isn't w/ islam, it's with the terrorists. if we wanted to attack islam, we should kick all the muslims out of the country. we're not attacking islam, we're protecting it.

sorry boys, i'm relaxed now. just don't the gov to handle this like it did vietnam

CYCLEON Guest
    i agree dane but its called the real world - i was in a meeting today and u just wouldnt believe the opinions of a certain "international organization" and im talking at the top! their opinions are often well meaning but so far distant from my reading of reality. therefore it is incumbant on the US to do all it can including the psyop side of things - osama is doing that with his broadcasts and remember these people dont always have good access to international press and dont speak english.

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    I agree, this defantly could get messy, and these guys are no push over when it comes to combat, they thwarted russia and britans attacks ( with the help of us aiding them with stinger missles to destroy russian helis )

brutis is offline New Member
    It hasn't even started to get messy yet. Soon enough all the ground troops will be sent in to Afganistan, and thats when it's going to get real messy. And whats all this talk about the states missing one of there targets and killing cizilians. They didn't miss, it was just a little pay back for all the civillians that where killed in NY and aboard the planes.

Peace,
    Brutis

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Actually

I was listening to a talk radio station here and it was confirmed via reporters that are stationed over there that the Taliban had told their civilians that the city was now secure and that they could come back. They apparently put their own civilians in harms way just to be able to publish prapaganda about the US killing their civilians. I don't know what is worse that or this. Check this out.

There is a preist here in town who apparently is speaking out against the war that is now present . In his words we can only "win over" the Taliban with gifts and forgiveness to show our good intentions as a christian nation. Now I'm a professed christian myself, but this just makes me sick. The very thought of it all. Just goes to show that there are some that have forgotten that to have freedom there is a price that somtimes must be paid. I could'nt even think about disrespecting the soliders in past wars who died so we could be free by even considering such a lame response. What are some people thinking of???
    IC

CYCLEON Guest
    these so called "preists" obviously have not read the bible.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    Romans 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Well Quoted

Well Quoted Cycleon,
    Well quoted indeed.
    IC

PS. The preist is a preist over a catholic church here in town. I'm sure that his hearts in the right place, but I just can't stomach his views.

Mike Guest
    Cycleon -

You know the comment I made before about bible study message boards?? You ARE on them arent you!?!?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: its not about religion for them

Originally posted by 47john
    towel head camel humpers
    The terrorists generalize America and assume every American life is worthless, instead of concentrating on what they hate. Don't lower yourself to that level by insulting everybody who wears a turban. Remember that there are people wearing turbans that are part of the Northern Alliance that fight against the Taliban.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Tobey,

The "Preist" is trying to rationalize his feelings towards a people he and "we" simple don't understand. But, what he does understand is the power of "Love" as a Christian emotion! Thats the action that makes sense to him.

And as a Preist he is most likely having difficulty dealing with his Anger, Fear and thoughts of revenge toward these strange people who hide behind the vail of religion!

So give the poor guy a break and remember that most of the folks sitting in his sanctuary or in other Christian Churches (Catholic or Protestant) have there own views on the subject and don't necessarily adopt the view of any Pastor, Preist or Christian Doctrine.

Now put on your best duds and go down to the recruiting office and lets all sign up!

Good Point

Good Point Mighty Joe,
    I realize that he means well, I guess that is somthing that I will have to work on because I just do not have that forgiving of a heart. Not when a act has been done that can not be amended by a simple applogy. You have some valid points, I guess everyone needs a break every now and then.
    Tobey
    PS. I'm ready to sign up now if they will take me

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Tobey,

You're an honest guy and honest about your feelings. I too have a difficult time with foregiveness.

In a "word" its the toughest part about being a Christian!

MJ

And Oh Yeah, I too would sign up if they still take "older" Guys!

Thread Information