convalescence69 is offline Associate Member

Montel slams Fox, Fox cancels Montel

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...sion_show.html

After this segment, he doesn't return after the commercial break, and his show, on the air for 17 years, is canceled, after fox owned stations opted not to renew it.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by convalescence69 View Post
    http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...sion_show.html

After this segment, he doesn't return after the commercial break, and his show, on the air for 17 years, is canceled, after fox owned stations opted not to renew it.
    Yah media is stupid, all their segments and stuff are scripted..

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I took Fox off my TV tuner last year, because it's news is full of crap, and there are more reliable sources around . . .

Montel's right, IMHO. There's too much news about corporate-owned entertainers and etc, and important stuff about what's going on in the world is dumbed-down. The Bush White House won't let news cameras film some stuff, like military coffins being flown in from overseas 'cause they don't want the bad PR. In short, they don't want us to know, so they distract us with BS.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    Yah media is stupid, all their segments and stuff are scripted..
    maybe Montel just needed to step away for a "one-hitter" or something?

Ncogneato is offline Associate Member
    ^^What does that have to do with anything?

Montel is speaking what every real American is thinking and Fox is punishing him for it. That is complete Nazi bullsh*t!!

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Actually I disagree with Montel... The War in Iraq is not "news" anymore. People don't want to tune in to see who died in Iraq, they want to see what happened to a great actor. Troops have been dying since the war started which was news in the beginning, but now... It's just "old" news, if you catch my drift.

gunnut79 is offline New Member
    It's not "old news" for the hundreds of people who know these dying servicemen. If you do want to look at it that way, celebrities have been dying due to overdoses for as long as I have been alive. That is old news. If I had millions of dollars I dont think I would sit around by myself and OD on rec drugs, but I would be one huge SOB.lol

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    Actually I disagree with Montel... The War in Iraq is not "news" anymore. People don't want to tune in to see who died in Iraq, they want to see what happened to a great actor. Troops have been dying since the war started which was news in the beginning, but now... It's just "old" news, if you catch my drift.
    i wouldnt say its old news, the war in iraq is still very much a spotlight for politicians and the continuing outrage from the public surrounding it.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i wouldnt say its old news, the war in iraq is still very much a spotlight for politicians and the continuing outrage from the public surrounding it.
    Well if you put it that way, but I'm saying the average citizen... The average citizen doesn't wanna hear as much as they did about the war then when it first started... They'd much rather hear how a famous actor died, someone they've personally seen and grown to like...

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    Well if you put it that way, but I'm saying the average citizen... The average citizen doesn't wanna hear as much as they did about the war then when it first started... They'd much rather hear how a famous actor died, someone they've personally seen and grown to like...
    true.

credit to montel though, he put those fox new clowns in their place.

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    Montel took money from Fox and whoever else would pay him for his silly show all these years and now that he is super rich he starts talking tough-what a hero!

Quote Originally Posted by breacherup View Post
    Montel took money from Fox and whoever else would pay him for his silly show all these years and now that he is super rich he starts talking tough-what a hero!
    true but at least he spoke out for once.

gunnut79 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breacherup View Post
    You dont see too many poor people that have a chance at that kind of soapbox, so at least he used it for something good IMO.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    true but at least he spoke out for once.
    perhaps he should win an award, just like Amy Whinehouse...........

Thread Information