Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Bush pays 35 grand for 10 dollar website.

Days after the infamous "bootcamp" incident, Bush again is showing how much of an idiot he is. Some guy bought George Bush's website for 10 bucks, then sold it back to the family for $35, 000!

LOL

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081216/...k-3fd0ae9.html

Again, LOL

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Bush again showing how much of an idiot he is? I don't think so buddy, even though that's how you choose to see it. It wasn't his responsibility to see to day to day operations of the library, he has a little more important business at the moment.

It wasn't even the library's fault, most likely they contract a company to deal with their web site or it's taken care of by the University. Somebody screwed up, but it wasn't George Bush.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Bush again showing how much of an idiot he is? I don't think so buddy, even though that's how you choose to see it. It wasn't his responsibility to see to day to day operations of the library, he has a little more important business at the moment.
    It wasn't even the library's fault, most likely they contract a company to deal with their web site or it's taken care of by the University. Somebody screwed up, but it wasn't George Bush.
    Like how he'd been saying for ages that American Economy was strong in all his speeches up until about 4 months ago. Sorry, defend him all you want, the guy has no clue what he's doing, probably had no idea why a shoe was thrown at him a few days ago and why shoes are now being thrown at Allied Soldiers in Iraq. This is just another example of how the people that work for him are also incompitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Like how he'd been saying for ages that American Economy was strong in all his speeches up until about 4 months ago. Sorry, defend him all you want, the guy has no clue what he's doing, probably had no idea why a shoe was thrown at him a few days ago and why shoes are now being thrown at Allied Soldiers in Iraq. This is just another example of how the people that work for him are also incompitant.
    I'll let that slide since I type fast and don't ever use spell check. I'm sure my posts are filled with errors of grammer and spelling. It's just the irony that kills me when it's a word like that.

Anyway this has nothing to do with Bush himself so it's an example of nothing. I'm not defending Bush or any of his actions here, just stating the facts.

Yuma Solutions, a private company made the error, they paid out of pocket for their mystake and it cost the Library nothing. They didn't even notify the library of their mystake, they just paid the 35k to avoid negative press and public relations with their client. The initial price of the domain name was 3k and they were contracted to buy it for the library not realizing it would expire in only a few months.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    um yah...people do this all the time you know. Microsoft has bought countless domain names from people ...

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    small change to him really, prob found some way to get tax payers to pay for it.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure GWB didn't have anything to do with it. I doubt he's in charge of registering domain names for his library. not his money either.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    small change to him really, prob found some way to get tax payers to pay for it.
    umm, no...did you read my post?
    they contract their website to be handled by an outside company
    that company made a mystake and paid for it
    end of story, nothing to do with Bush

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    also for about 6 of the 8 years he was in office we had a great economy, one of the best we have had. but yeah he doesn't know what he hes doing. it wasn't until the last year in a half to 2 years that nancy pelosi and the demos took over and things started to go to hell

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Yep
    +1

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant8010 View Post
    also for about 6 of the 8 years he was in office we had a great economy, one of the best we have had. but yeah he doesn't know what he hes doing. it wasn't until the last year in a half to 2 years that nancy pelosi and the demos took over and things started to go to hell
    Funny how people blame whoever they perceive as being in charge for all problems.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant8010 View Post
    I dislike Pelosi much more than I dislike Bush, but don't fool yourself into thinking that this happened within the past two years. The so called "great" economy was simply an artificial boom that started in 2001 when the fed funds rate dropped from 6% to 1% by 2003. Now we're just trying to fight off the bust phase, which is nearly impossible.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    I dislike Pelosi much more than I dislike Bush, but don't fool yourself into thinking that this happened within the past two years. The so called "great" economy was simply an artificial boom that started in 2001 when the fed funds rate dropped from 6% to 1% by 2003. Now we're just trying to fight off the bust phase, which is nearly impossible.
    that, and the clinton administration didn't help with ridiculously low rates for anyone. and this is coming from a democrat

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    um yah...people do this all the time you know. Microsoft has bought countless domain names from people ...
    thats a little different...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ the amended sub prime mortgage lending act passed under Clinton with the support of McCain AND Obama ....look no farther than that my friends. Nothing like forcing financial institutions to lend people who dont qualify money and have the government PAY the companies to do it. 2 largest companies to take advantage - fannie mae and lehman bros ....and whats going on with those companies now ??? Everyone hails Clinton but there was a lot of rob from peter to pay paul economics going on there...no doubt about it.... and very poor consideration of future consequences of policy. Anyway bush's foreign policy and other skills (or lack thereof) are an embarrassment at times ...but like it or not hes our president....he deserves respect if for nothing else for that fact alone...this shoe throwing douche bag and AMERICANS laughing about it saying bush deserves it....thats a damn disgrace....like Bush or not the shoe was thrown at your President for christs sake..
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-18-2008 at 10:16 PM.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    that, and the clinton administration didn't help with ridiculously low rates for anyone. and this is coming from a democrat
    Clinton definitely contributed to the current financial mess, but more from horrible policy decisions (community reinvestment act) than low interest rates. The tech stock boom was the result of the low interests rates during Clintons administration.

Thread Information