Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Outrage at cull of post olympic sley dogs

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1888742/

I hear this is causing quite the stir in BC, Canada.

A company that hired around 70 dogs as part of a sley tour event for tourists during the Winter Olympics has come under fire that now that the tourists have gone and the Olympics were finished, the dogs were simply destroyed as they had "no more use".

Several vetinarians refused to kill the dogs on the grounds of the animals being perfectly healthy. So the company decided to shoot the dogs, in front of the other dogs. Some of the dogs even retaliated to stop the slaughter.

This link goes into more detail, but the guy that was ordered to kill (what is now revealed to be 100 dogs) said he still suffers nightmares from the traumatic 2 day cull:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/sle...610/story.html

I cannot express on so many levels how appalled and furious I am at this. The ordering of the cullings is massively irresponsible. These dogs were clearly obtained to make money over a short term use and if they had any business sense, would have known that the amount of dogs purchased (300 in total) would not have been sustainable after the Olympics had finished. They could have kept these animals around afterwards, but of course that would have eaten into their profits.

Apparantly they are refunding customers that had husky dog sled rides. Personally i think they should be prosecuted and banned from owning dogs again.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-as-much-as-me

It doesn't help that people don't title their threads with info about what is inside it. My favorite thread titles are "a question", or "Help Please!". I usually don't even click them.

Awful story though.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    ^ Yup everyone gets caught with the repost sometime in there time here but to make you feel better Flagg watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Yeah, I see there was a thread about this but "Does this make you angry?" doesnt really give you any clues, but thanks for the link Vegas.

Necrosaro, I couldnt see that video, something about it not being available in my country. It's not the one of the polar bears and husky dogs playing is it, cause thats hella cool if it is.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I couldn't even read the whole story. Even though I know sled dogs aren't the same as pets, I cannot understand killing 100 of them as a simple accounting issue.

bdzemske is offline Associate Member
    same here johnnyV just a sad story from what i was able to read

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Why not sell the dogs? or donate to a humane society. Doesnt make any sense to me.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Why not sell the dogs? or donate to a humane society. Doesnt make any sense to me.
    If you read this second link:
    http://www.globaltvbc.com/health/Can...595/story.html , these very questions are being asked. Several resorts are condemning this and even saying they would have been happy to have taken as many dogs as possible. Charities are now saying they would have helped. It's looking like pure lazyness and a reluctance to spend money on keeping these dogs any longer than they had to.

And fvck this guy who claims he is distressed NOW. He killed 100 hundred dogs over a two day period, he seemed to have no compunctions at the time. I hope Whistler are never allowed to use any animals again and I hope they get canned big time for this.

I don't think I could get over myself if I had to shoot 1 dog for whatever reason, let alone 100. Truly one of the saddest stories i've read about in a long, long time. These animals were not living in terrible conditions, they had no reason to believe this was going to be their fate.

Everyday im beginning to think humans are forfeiting their right to be on this world. We have zero respect for animals, fvck, we have zero respect for our own species. We are destroying the environment in which we live in. A greedy, self centered species that kills over material objects and false Gods.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    If you read this second link:
    http://www.globaltvbc.com/health/Can...595/story.html , these very questions are being asked. Several resorts are condemning this and even saying they would have been happy to have taken as many dogs as possible. Charities are now saying they would have helped. It's looking like pure lazyness and a reluctance to spend money on keeping these dogs any longer than they had to.

And fvck this guy who claims he is distressed NOW. He killed 100 hundred dogs over a two day period, he seemed to have no compunctions at the time. I hope Whistler are never allowed to use any animals again and I hope they get canned big time for this.

I don't think I could get over myself if I had to shoot 1 dog for whatever reason, let alone 100. Truly one of the saddest stories i've read about in a long, long time. These animals were not living in terrible conditions, they had no reason to believe this was going to be their fate.

Everyday im beginning to think humans are forfeiting their right to be on this world. We have zero respect for animals, fvck, we have zero respect for our own species. We are destroying the environment in which we live in. A greedy, self centered species that kills over material objects and false Gods.

I'm guessing you're a vegetarian?

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Kill child molestors and animal abusers. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I'm guessing you're a vegetarian?
    Exactly what in my post that you quoted even suggests im a vegetarian, simply because I show compassion for another animal?

Quote Originally Posted by clemont51 View Post
    Kill child molestors and animal abusers. No exceptions.
    I 100% agree with this statement.

zabster151 is offline Member
    i would love to get 5 min with the people who mad the call to kill the dogs

Thread Information