zabster151 is offline Member

Governor Scott Walker called by journalist posing as David Koch;

Phosphor is offline Junior Member
    Ya, he didn't say much outside of what he has said in interviews and at the podium. Can someone please pose as Soros and call Obama and give him some marching orders and tape it? Seriously though, I was in a union until about a year ago - I did a lateral move within the company and now on the management side instead of craft. I did not have a whole lot of love for my particular union when management did some shady crap and the union threw them to the wolves because they were not a part of the good ole' boys club. They were hard workers. Left a bad taste in my mouth that they will protect deadbeats that are connected instead of good people. I understand most of this Wisconsin mojo comes down to politics as usual, so it will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor View Post
    Ya, he didn't say much outside of what he has said in interviews and at the podium.

You mean aside from saying he won't even attempt to compromise with democrats and he's thought about planting people in the crowds? Did he say those things in interviews?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was a member (still am a defacto member) of probably the most benign union in this country, The NFLPA (NFL players union). I can tell you this, they didn't do a whole lot for us, but what they did do, I am very thankful for. At one time, the NFL owners had 100% control of all revenue. Small market teams had no chance of being competitive. The NFLPA secured free agency, and allowed a collective sharing of revenue between not only players and the owners, but the owners of large market teams and smaller market teams. It also instituted better health benefits, job placement (post career), financial advisory boards, etc., etc., all because of collective bargaining. Now I know some people will get on and say NFL players make too much anyway. But if you think about it, it's not that true. Sure the top 1% of players make huge money and play a long time. But the average NFL career is only 3.5yrs. Some players leave the game so messed up that after a short career they, literally, have to live off that $1million dollars (or however much they made), for the rest of their lives (before collective bargaining). Why should owners be allowed to make billions for their entire lives off the backs of players who play for a very limited time.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I agree with above. I think the difference is that the NFL won't bankrupt states like the unfunded benefit plans of public employees. Seems like states are finding themselves in the same predicament as the US automakers.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I totally agree with you Johnny. My issue is the public sector employees have agreed to concessions. Eliminating collective bargaining won't help the budget.

Thread Information