calstate23 is offline Banned

Manny ramirez and steroids in baseball.........

I feel bad for Manny because he keeps getting blasted like he is the ONLY professional athlete that uses steroids or performance enhancing drugs. I would quit if I was him too. In this steroid media era that is all he will be remembered for even though every other player on the field is using but just hasn't gotten caught.

Most of all, I am so sick and tired of baseball and the STEROID SCANDAL BULLSHIT.

I think it is completely unfair all the media ONLY talks about is baseball and doesn't EVER MENTION the biggest steroid using sport......Which we all should know what sport that is........THE NFL

Are people that stupid to believe all these lineman aren't taking steroids??? Either that or they have their heads shoved so far up their ass they don't know what's good for them.

Most of all I am sick and tired of people putting great players down like Manny Ramirez, Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire because regardless they are and will always be some of the greatest players in baseball history.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually the biggest users of steroids and performance enhancing drugs are tennis players. As a former NFL player on this steroid forum, I can tell you that steroid usage in the NFL isn't as big as people think. But I'm not going to say there aren't a large numbers of players in the NFL that don't lose, but its not at the levels and reasoning that people think.

Most NFL players don't get caught because they have trainers and physicians that know what they are doing. For Manny to keep getting caught, he's an idiot. The whole steroids in professional sports is a farce anyway, no one in the general public really cares anyway.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I dont feel bad for him. How stupid do you have to be to get caught yet AGAIN??

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Actually the biggest users of steroids and performance enhancing drugs are tennis players. As a former NFL player on this steroid forum, I can tell you that steroid usage in the NFL isn't as big as people think. But I'm not going to say there aren't a large numbers of players in the NFL that don't lose, but its not at the levels and reasoning that people think.

Most NFL players don't get caught because they have trainers and physicians that know what they are doing. For Manny to keep getting caught, he's an idiot. The whole steroids in professional sports is a farce anyway, no one in the general public really cares anyway.
    Never knew that. What AAS do tennis players mostly take ?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    Never knew that. What AAS do tennis players mostly take ?
    yeh not saying it doesnt happen but just never heard or thought of it...

back to baseball...i feel similarly about baseball BEFORE people like mcguire, sosa, manny, rodriguez, clemens ALL SAVED baseball......

yay, a brilliantly pitched ball game....we won 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I dont feel bad for him. How stupid do you have to be to get caught yet AGAIN??
    I do agree that he is stupid for getting caught..Once you are one the list you should know you are a suspect.

But still I think the whole issue is bullshit because there are SO MANY other players in baseball right now that are using and not getting caught. They don't do TRUE testing, they pick out the handfuls and use them as examples.

As for the NFL, come man that is an absolute JOKE! Many Many players are on steroids and also hgh, ESPECIALLY when it comes to injury. All these quarterbacks and players having surgery are all taking hgh. I played in college and it was ridiculous then. I also have a close friend I went to High School with who is now a starter on the Dallas Cowboys. Let me tell you he blew up AT LEAST 60 lbs of muscle and he tells me EVERYTHING! When I ask him about how many players are on steroids or have ever taken steroids he just laughs and says that he believes almost every player has AT LEAST USED ONCE in their career whether it be for recovery from an injury or just purely for advantage.

I mean come on, just take a look at the starting lineman these days, It is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    I do agree that he is stupid for getting caught..Once you are one the list you should know you are a suspect.

But still I think the whole issue is bullshit because there are SO MANY other players in baseball right now that are using and not getting caught. They don't do TRUE testing, they pick out the handfuls and use them as examples.

As for the NFL, come man that is an absolute JOKE! Many Many players are on steroids and also hgh, ESPECIALLY when it comes to injury. All these quarterbacks and players having surgery are all taking hgh. I played in college and it was ridiculous then. I also have a close friend I went to High School with who is now a starter on the Dallas Cowboys. Let me tell you he blew up AT LEAST 60 lbs of muscle and he tells me EVERYTHING! When I ask him about how many players are on steroids or have ever taken steroids he just laughs and says that he believes almost every player has AT LEAST USED ONCE in their career whether it be for recovery from an injury or just purely for advantage.

I mean come on, just take a look at the starting lineman these days, It is absolutely ridiculous.
    You can believe what you want, brotha. But I was there and know what really goes on, regardless of what your perception may be. I'm not saying that no one uses, what I'm saying its not at the level you think. You may know one player in the league, but I know many, many, more. So you can believe what you want, I know the truth. AAS usage is not the problem in the NFL that many people would assume. The vast majority of these guys are athletic phenoms. And with the type and frequency of testing in the NFL, players can't use huge amounts of substances or do long cycles. HGH is used as is test. But since there is no testing for HGH it is used more frequently than anything else. But HGH doesn't improve performance, but does allow for speedy recovery from injuries. The levels of test administered are usually on the TRT levels or just slightly above so if 'randomly' tested players would test above the levels established in the last CBA.

This idea of all NFL linemen being juiced up based on looks is similar to the ridiculous threads on here about Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and the kid from Twilight being on something because they 'got bigger'. Its simply absurd.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 04-13-2011 at 12:50 PM.

You can believe what you want, brotha. But I was there and know what really goes on, regardless of what your perception may be. I'm not saying that no one uses, what I'm saying its not at the level you think. You may know one player in the league, but I know many, many, more. So you can believe what you want, I know the truth. AAS usage is not the problem in the NFL that many people would assume. The vast majority of these guys are athletic phenoms. And with the type and frequency of testing in the NFL, players can't use huge amounts of substances or do long cycles. HGH is used as is test. But since there is no testing for HGH it is used more frequently than anything else. But HGH doesn't improve performance, but does allow for speedy recovery from injuries. The levels of test administered are usually on the TRT levels or just slightly above so if 'randomly' tested players would test above the levels established in the last CBA.
    what percentage of nfl players would you guess took steroids as a youth(high school, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    what percentage of nfl players would you guess took steroids as a youth(high school, etc.)?
    I would say very low. Something in the area of 20-25%. Why? Because you have to recognize where a large majority of these players are from. Rural communities and inner cities. Very few come from families of means who can afford or even know where to get AAS. Once they get to the collegiate level many of those guys keep their mentality on steroids as its something they DON'T NEED or can justify the expenditures when living on a tight budget in college. Now a lot of the kids from means will have access to info and the ability to purchase AAS, so they will use it. What I've found in my career both as a player and as a trainer, athletes that use in high school usually peter out pretty quickly in college and those who use in college peter out pretty quickly in the NFL. The latter is due to the testing protocol in college as opposed to the NFL. In college there is only one mandatory drug test (pre-season) and then there are the random drug testing chosen by SSN# maybe twice more in the school year. In the NFL, you are subject to random drug testing all year around. And during the season you are subject to 2-3 mandatory drug tests (depending on the team). The CBA allows for 3 (I believe) mandatory drug tests a year.

I would say very low. Something in the area of 20-25%. Why? Because you have to recognize where a large majority of these players are from. Rural communities and inner cities. Very few come from families of means who can afford or even know where to get AAS. Once they get to the collegiate level many of those guys keep their mentality on steroids as its something they DON'T NEED or can justify the expenditures when living on a tight budget in college. Now a lot of the kids from means will have access to info and the ability to purchase AAS, so they will use it. What I've found in my career both as a player and as a trainer, athletes that use in high school usually peter out pretty quickly in college and those who use in college peter out pretty quickly in the NFL. The latter is due to the testing protocol in college as opposed to the NFL. In college there is only one mandatory drug test (pre-season) and then there are the random drug testing chosen by SSN# maybe twice more in the school year. In the NFL, you are subject to random drug testing all year around. And during the season you are subject to 2-3 mandatory drug tests (depending on the team). The CBA allows for 3 (I believe) mandatory drug tests a year.
    i was curious as i remember the select few that were running cycles in h.s. and actually wanted to hear your guess matter factly...sound like a pretty good guestimate imo and yes its a low percentage being compared to 100% but i wonder if that percentage would shock the public..interesting information...love your point of view...
    i wish that there would/could be no way in hell that an employer could have access to your blood...seems so invasive

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    No I dont believe the players in the NFL are juiced up.Too many tests.Like BG said.Aint like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i was curious as i remember the select few that were running cycles in h.s. and actually wanted to hear your guess matter factly...sound like a pretty good guestimate imo and yes its a low percentage being compared to 100% but i wonder if that percentage would shock the public..interesting information...love your point of view...
    i wish that there would/could be no way in hell that an employer could have access to your blood...seems so invasive
    Thanks for the love JPK. As of right now there are no blood testing in the NFL (but it may be in the next CBA, that's what the league and owners are counting on as well).

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    No I dont believe the players in the NFL are juiced up.Too many tests.Like BG said.Aint like the old days.
    You're absolutely correct, Songdog. In the 80s and 90s when the run game was the key to NFL success, having big strong, backs, backers, safeties, and linemen was all the rage. Now that the passing game is the rage, linemen don't need to be big mean, super strong dudes, but rather dancing bears with good feet (just think a power forward or center in basketball). The game is about speed nowadays, so its a lot different than the early days. Plus the amount of testing you're subject to prevents the types of cycles the guys used to do in the old days.

Thanks for the love JPK. As of right now there are no blood testing in the NFL (but it may be in the next CBA, that's what the league and owners are counting on as well).

You're absolutely correct, Songdog. In the 80s and 90s when the run game was the key to NFL success, having big strong, backs, backers, safeties, and linemen was all the rage. Now that the passing game is the rage, linemen don't need to be big mean, super strong dudes, but rather dancing bears with good feet (just think a power forward or center in basketball). The game is about speed nowadays, so its a lot different than the early days. Plus the amount of testing you're subject to prevents the types of cycles the guys used to do in the old days.
    Regardless I can sure tell you the testing they are supposedly doing is BULLSHIT. That's their excuse to the public and its a crock of shit. They are either telling players when they are going to get tested, paying off people to keep it quite, or just straight are not testing players. I don't need to here the mumbo jumbo about what EVERYONE thinks. I've played college ball too and I know what is up.

I've also personally seen my buddy inject himself and have seen AT LEAST 3 other players on Dallas taking steroids as well, not to mention hgh. And that's ONLY what I have seen with my own eyes. Its bullshit and thats all I have to say, along with the leagues so called "TESTING".

Football being one of the most contact sports in the world, ones career is based off of not getting injured. And for that reason only steroids and hgh will always be big in football.....Always

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Regardless I can sure tell you the testing they are supposedly doing is BULLSHIT. That's their excuse to the public and its a crock of shit. They are either telling players when they are going to get tested, paying off people to keep it quite, or just straight are not testing players. I don't need to here the mumbo jumbo about what EVERYONE thinks. I've played college ball too and I know what is up.

I've also personally seen my buddy inject himself and have seen AT LEAST 3 other players on Dallas taking steroids as well, not to mention hgh. And that's ONLY what I have seen with my own eyes. Its bullshit and thats all I have to say, along with the leagues so called "TESTING".

Football being one of the most contact sports in the world, ones career is based off of not getting injured. And for that reason only steroids and hgh will always be big in football.....Always
    Playing college ball is totally different than playing pro ball. Not to minimize what you did, but I'm just being real. Like I said, I never said that players don't use, but its not on the level that you are talking about. You have experience with only one team, there are 31 other teams. The testing protocol is suspect but its a lot more strenuous than any other of the major sports. But obviously you aren't willing to see the perspective of others who have been there. So this discussion between you and I is moot. You can believe what you want, I know the truth, and I know the testing protocol. The problem with your thinking is you have the mentality of a lot of the general public who only knows what's going on through heresay and second hand knowledge, which is typical.

Playing college ball is totally different than playing pro ball. Not to minimize what you did, but I'm just being real. Like I said, I never said that players don't use, but its not on the level that you are talking about. You have experience with only one team, there are 31 other teams. The testing protocol is suspect but its a lot more strenuous than any other of the major sports. But obviously you aren't willing to see the perspective of others who have been there. So this discussion between you and I is moot. You can believe what you want, I know the truth, and I know the testing protocol. The problem with your thinking is you have the mentality of a lot of the general public who only knows what's going on through heresay and second hand knowledge, which is typical.
    I know college is completely different and I am not trying to put myself up on a pedestal and I am not comparing. My only reason for basing my judgement is my buddy on Dallas. He ain't no bench warmer either...I'm tight with him and with other guys on the team as well. Like I said earlier, I've LITERALLY seen with my own eyes 4 starters taking steroids and 2 of them also taking hgh. They tell me who else is taking and what they're on..It's quite a few team members I can FOR SURE tell you that.

And since you know how it is since you played then you'd know how players kick it with other players from other teams. I've seen guys not on Dallas take steroids and they also talk a lot about who's doing what. Between Dallas and other players I've hung out with on other teams it seems to be a MUCH BIGGER picture then what you are apparently saying.

Maybe like you said, it could just be the team and the other people I hung out with but those statistics really don't match up. Besides, just like with any professional sport, just like in bodybuilding, a MAJORITY of the athletes are all doing VERY SIMILAR THINGS.....Same routine, same protocol, same workouts,......Its definitely more similar then not similar....

well urine then.....wish players could tell them to keep their grubby hands off their piss

Thread Information