zabster151 is offline Member

Your Cellphone Has Been Tracking You For Nearly a Decade

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have been reading about this for years...and find that I just don't care. I like the convenience that comes along with it, and would allow the entire world to see where I am. If I wanted to go buy drugs or kill a person I would leave my phone at home. :-)

I like that 911 operators can locate me if I make the call but am unable to speak. I like that location-based ads will be available (assuming I had to see ads for something).

Besides, the government won't track a boring guy like me until they have locked up all the guys like you. Totally kidding.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I agree with "I just don't care." The pros outweigh the cons. I've got nothing to hide. There's more important people to monitor than me and if not, then enjoy the show!

zabster151 is offline Member
    i agree the pros of the feature is great. kinda bugs me they keep track of what your doing

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by zabster151 View Post
    i agree the pros of the feature is great. kinda bugs me they keep track of what your doing
    I have thought about these issue lately when it comes to Facebook as well. Feds have been getting subpoenas to access Facebook pages in order to catch bad guys. They had one suspect in a bank robbery case and went on his FB page that was filled with pictures of him wearing outfits used in the robberies. It is circumstantial, but I assume it backs up other evidence that got them to his FB page in the first place. They have also busted a bunch of gang members and have evidence of crimes from their FB pictures and messages. This all seams like a good thing to me. Most agencies have their hands full trying to catch bad guys and prevent crime...they don't have the time or resources to use these tools simply to be oppressive.

If it looks like these tools are starting to get abused, the companies will need to change access, or we will start to change the way we use them.

Thread Information