Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Illegal immigration

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

Illegal immigration

I am not a racist but I do hate illegal immigrants. They leech our country and make it so we have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to translate everything into spanish.
    What does everybody think about this topic?

rippedfromabove is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93
    I am not a racist but I do hate illegal immigrants. They leech our country and make it so we have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to translate everything into spanish.
    Not only that but they have no manners what so ever. They act like its a zoo

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ...so many opinions on this, but my major peeve is that illegal or legal immigrants have allways learned english and adapted to this country main language and I do get irritated when I notice more and more areas of life daily in NH having english version than spanish and now a few other languages as well... I mean seriously we have people from all over the world here...are we eventualy going to have every language on lables at atms or on the phone...please press 17 to hear this in english..?
    ~and when on the phone even when you press the button to have english...you get a person that bearley speaks or understands english...wtf? lol

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    and then proudly dangle their old country's hand knitted flag from their rear view mirror

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    uh...no habla ingles!!!!

Macon_Bacon is offline Associate Member
    I have lots of opinions on this, all of which somewhat contradict each other. They leech the US from tax revenue but at the same time our nation has become dependent on their non-citizen status to do menial and degrading jobs. Look at Alabama's new law where they can check every public school student for citizenship. Their entire agricultural workforce fled the state. The biggest thing that gets to me is that the US unemployment rate is ~9% and Alabama's is ~11%, yet they can't get enough people to work on the farms. Because America has become accustom to immigrants doing the crappiest work. It still annoys me to a great degree at the illegal immigrant exploitation of the American "dream".

P.S. Sexy, your avi is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Macon_Bacon View Post
    I have lots of opinions on this, all of which somewhat contradict each other. They leech the US from tax revenue but at the same time our nation has become dependent on their non-citizen status to do menial and degrading jobs. Look at Alabama's new law where they can check every public school student for citizenship. Their entire agricultural workforce fled the state. The biggest thing that gets to me is that the US unemployment rate is ~9% and Alabama's is ~11%, yet they can't get enough people to work on the farms. Because America has become accustom to immigrants doing the crappiest work. It still annoys me to a great degree at the illegal immigrant exploitation of the American "dream".

P.S. Sexy, your avi is awesome!
    the laws MUST punish those who hire illegal(s)(ly) end of story
    Pale1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    I totally agree but I'm going to be pissed off when the cost of my chicken and oatmeal goes up x4 because there aren't enough illegals to work for less than minimum wage. I am in no way advocating illegal immigrants, I'm really making a point that American citizens are lazy and unwilling to work in lesser jobs because we are a "1st world" economy.

I totally agree but I'm going to be pissed off when the cost of my chicken and oatmeal goes up x4 because there aren't enough illegals to work for less than minimum wage. I am in no way advocating illegal immigrants, I'm really making a point that American citizens are lazy and unwilling to work in lesser jobs because we are a "1st world" economy.
    yeh your right...its only part of the problem...to help get the chicken and oats back down lets bust a few polar bears ass and get that pipleine pumpin some oil

I agree; however, you must know if this happens prices will certainly increase on products and many small businesses across the entire US would go under. We've become so accustomed to buying cheap that sticker shock would enrage most consumers....it would be very difficult to do. It's kind of like 9-11. People were all about going to war in the beginning until they realized how much it was costing them both financially and personally.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I agree; however, you must know if this happens prices will certainly increase on products and many small businesses across the entire US would go under. We've become so accustomed to buying cheap that sticker shock would enrage most consumers....it would be very difficult to do. It's kind of like 9-11. People were all about going to war in the beginning until they realized how much it was costing them both financially and personally.
    yeh i reckon we can fix it overnight...hmmmmm...lets let some of em stay...they compete for a card or something? like a mini triworkalon (production, grasp of english language, volunteer help, etc.)

yeh your right...its only part of the problem...to help get the chicken and oats back down lets bust a few polar bears ass and get that pipleine pumpin some oil
    This is a great idea. Provides tons of jobs and cuts dependence on foreign energy sources.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Ask them about immigration

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I think we should pull our troops from conflicts in the middle east and allow them to properly secure our border. It would greatly impede the drug and immigration issues - both of which are violations of federal law - and federal employees (ie the us military) should be used to enforce them . Im tired of hearing its more complicated than that. It really isnt ...all the military action outside our borders - all the federal aid we as a country give out - even all the caritable aid given by private us citizens should be focused here - solving our problems. The economic impact of this (stopping illegal immigration) is only going to grow and grow - it almost to the now or never point. I say now.

We could also take all of the lazy people that are on welfare (I know some are justified, but most are just to lazy to get a job) and tell them if they want to continue to receive their welfare they need to be out working in these jobs that only the illegals will do now. I'll call it the "shit or get off the pot welfare reform act" Who's with me????

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Agreed.
    Also we could realize that there is nothing wrong with a hard days work - swallow some false pride and eliminate so called "jobs only illegals will do" by doing them ourselves. All the sudden the country built by farmers shoveling shit is above shoveling shit.

x3 ^

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    @ Jimmy spot on ! ...I wus looking to moving to Arizona a few years ago...but after reasearching it ~the state is soooo messed up from illegal immigrents ...stolen cars/jobs/welfare/crime/stolen identities etc due to human trafficing of illegals, that I decided not to.

@Macon ... this was a close second for my avy lol Attachment 118961

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I think we should pull our troops from conflicts in the middle east and allow them to properly secure our border. It would greatly impede the drug and immigration issues - both of which are violations of federal law - and federal employees (ie the us military) should be used to enforce them . Im tired of hearing its more complicated than that. It really isnt ...all the military action outside our borders - all the federal aid we as a country give out - even all the caritable aid given by private us citizens should be focused here - solving our problems. The economic impact of this (stopping illegal immigration) is only going to grow and grow - it almost to the now or never point. I say now.
    Today the WH announced it is going to pull 75% of Arizona's National Guard troops off the border and replace them with a drone(s). Seems like a brilliant idea. Now we can watch and do nothing as the illegals scurry across the border, rather than just doing nothing. I wonder if the drone will go down in Mexico, forcing the Obama Administration to take the hard stance of asking for it back?

the pretty please play

Glad the main gist of what I am getting is that this is a problem we have to deal with.
    Dont get me wrong I still believe that this is the greatest coutnry on earth and I know why people wana come here but you gota do it legally. Its not my problem if you were born somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I agree. If all the federal aid was given to people who need it IN AMERICA we wouldnt have a crisis, if the foregin aid was just gone we would have significantly less debt, im tired of politcal correctness and worrying about peoples feelings. Especially when I see things that are translated into spanish. Its bull ****, I dont care about hurting peoples feelings when they come from a different country and cant speak english, WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE. learn it or leave.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I am in total agreement with Jimmyinkmeup.Those are my exact words.As a kid I worked produce farms along with other kids.We had migrante workers at the time.But at the end of the season they went home.Now kids are to good to do those jobs beacuse mommy and daddy will give them money.Our kids are lazy or system sucks to many people out of work beacuse they choose to be!!

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade
    We could also take all of the lazy people that are on welfare (I know some are justified, but most are just to lazy to get a job) and tell them if they want to continue to receive their welfare they need to be out working in these jobs that only the illegals will do now. I'll call it the "shit or get off the pot welfare reform act" Who's with me????
    Lol I can tell you one thing, I'm Hispanic and my grandparents where from Texas. Im proud to be an American, but as far as my family tree goes we where always in the U.S.A., just speaking for myself.

On a side note, my wife has 2 boys by her ex and he is a healthy 23 year old and got another girl pregnant and jumped on her welfare so he don't have to support the first 2 kids he made, so of course I step up as there step dad and take care of them but he has all the rights to them!! Major loser and a very irritated and frustrating subject

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    Another suggestion is to incentivize prisoners to work these jobs. Maybe add some good behavior time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Lol I can tell you one thing, I'm Hispanic and my grandparents where from Texas. Im proud to be an American, but as far as my family tree goes we where always in the U.S.A., just speaking for myself.

On a side note, my wife has 2 boys by her ex and he is a healthy 23 year old and got another girl pregnant and jumped on her welfare so he don't have to support the first 2 kids he made, so of course I step up as there step dad and take care of them but he has all the rights to them!! Major loser and a very irritated and frustrating subject
    what state has laws supporting this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
    Another suggestion is to incentivize prisoners to work these jobs. Maybe add some good behavior time or something.
    also good and i think in place in some prisons/states but not 100% sure/where

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman

what state has laws supporting this statement
    Cali

poppz is offline Senior Member
    exactly. Ppl complain but they wont work the jobs illegals will. I'm from new Orleans and after hurricane Katrina Hispanics have populated here heavily. I haven't seen any race other than Hispanics willing to stand in front home depot all day to get picked up by any contractor for a $100 a day. All interstate work.Hispanics. levees repairs. Hispanics comming from Texas to work all day in sun for $300 a week. Tax dollars at work.cut Costs on labor to use more public funds as far as it can stretch
    Last edited by poppz; 12-25-2011 at 08:53 PM.

too bad ppl from yet another country will come and hang at the other end of home depot and do it for 50 a day

dat ok too or even better?

work for food?

cuz their not LAZY?

poppz is offline Senior Member
    No I see your point buttt America has a lot of spending probs. All welfare should be cut along with foreign aid and useless wars.

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    ^Oh geez another ron paul pacifist/isolationist

Quote Originally Posted by poppz
    No I see your point buttt America has a lot of spending probs. All welfare should be cut along with foreign aid and useless wars.
    I believe in Ca they have a 5 year cap on welfare..

Quote Originally Posted by poppz View Post
    Exactly ..thats why the ILLEGAL immigration issue should be a NON ISSUE..and your last post has better points

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm not pro illegal immigration, but I'll take the opposing view. there are positives that aren't being considered. for one, cali's agricultural industry would utterly collapse without the migratory mexicans working the fields. this is a fact, not an opinion.

the problem i see is a political one. when times are bad, we want to single out a group less able to defend itself and demonize them.

the way i see it, my ancestors came here over a hundred years ago, starving, penniless, with only the clothes on their backs. the dirty irishman was blamed for everything.... crime, loss of jobs, and an overall degredation to society. then came the italians as the scapegoat for society's ills. now we are doing the same to the mexicans. it's the same pattern, over and over, year after year.

unfortunately, most can only see the negative and overlook the positive.

So as an exercise in awareness and critical thinking, I challange you to come up with some positives that the mexicans are responsible for.

the easy one is the many multibillion dollar agriculture industry in california.

what else?

anyone?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought this damn thing would double post
    Last edited by Times Roman; 12-26-2011 at 11:59 AM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    where Ireland is concerned, only professionals should be allowed in.

take taxi drivers in Dublin for instance, the overwhelming majority are foreign. they drive dangerous old bangers, hundreds dont even possess a drivers licence, the majority are not insured and their driving skills are horrendous and down right dangerous. they step straight into this city and straight into a taxi which is illegally operated by a number of people.

the welfare system here is also all for them, some are getting 30-40K in benefits per year, its a fvcking disgrace and i personally would shop any illegals in to the authorities without a second thought.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Another thing to consider is the growth rate of Hispanics in the us. They are soon going to be the "largest minority" in the USA. So no politician wants to piss them off due to their impact with votes an such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Another thing to consider is the growth rate of Hispanics in the us. They are soon going to be the "largest minority" in the USA. So no politician wants to piss them off due to their impact with votes an such.
    But illegal immigrants can't vote. Their population size does matter economically but not politically because of lack of actual voters. Economically the hispanics in the US could cripple us.

nobody is doubting that illegals can/will/are working...how many people can live in one country? keeping with your position times shall there be open borders? in all countries? just the u.s.? does population make a difference?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information