Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tigershark

Thread: AAS usage among soldiers

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I have mixed emotions about this topic.

On the one hand, it is OK for the government to give fighter pilots Adderall, a substantial stimulant that has quite the potential for abuse. This gives the pilots a substantial mental edge on long missions.

But on the other hand, AAS is "verboten" for soldiers that want a physical edge on the battle field?

I would like to see some data on pilots "post mission abuse" of Adderall. Does anyone think that the pilot ONLY takes it when given to him by the flight physician? Or do you think that the high becomes enjoyable and is abused "post mission"?

Back to the battle field soldier. Some of you know the weight of all the gear these soldiers have to lug around all day under extreme conditions (mountainous terrain, hot desert, high altitude, etc.)? They are under a lot of pressure to succeed, and just looking for an edge.

(Shakes head)

I don't know about our government sometimes....

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^ I totally agree. Let's give a pilot in whom the gov has invested millions, but him in plane that cost the gov millions then hand over a stimulant. But let the guys racking up miles on the soles of their feet and pounds on their backs who pack that stuff over miles of some of the toughest terrain on the planet, JUST TO GET TO THE FIGHT, but they gotta do it on their on will power and toughness. Go figure.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    The numbers for this are so inflated because the military only tests for AAS if they suspect you are doing it. Such as you are a dumb ass and brag about it or someone in the chain of command just doesn't like you. So yes the numbers will show an increase when you are only testing those you suspect of it and they only test when they are about 95% sure and you broke the golden rule of keeping your mouth shut. Or you had the stuff out in plain sight when they did a health and welfare inspection. I can say all of this because I have first hand experience just getting back from over there. Soldiers are using yes and it's freaking obvious who is when you go to the MWR gym. The big secret is not to brag about it and stay out of trouble with your superiors. The BBC is blowing this way out of proportion.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Thread Information