Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bump-Fire ban is signed

Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    You put a lot of work into this thread and it is very thorough.
    It is appreciated.

Obs

In case any of you don't realize the legalities, trump basically just made every semi auto illegal with a shit written law.
    Couchlockd likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Associate Member
    That's okay, when they come to my door trying to take my shit away I'll make sure I have enough Tren and Halo in me that bullets won't take me down
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    That's okay, when they come to my door trying to take my shit away I'll make sure I have enough Tren and Halo in me that bullets won't take me down
    Thats the thing though... They wont come take them and you will have to keep it hid away and if you are ever caught with it they will arrest you and you will go to prison for a couple years.

In a link beetle posted LE had aknowledged there would never be a confinscation. "We will just catch them during domestic incidents etc"

The only good a gun you cant shoot is good for is if there is an uprising against the government.

There will never be an uprising against the US government because people blindly follow their candidate and political party.

All the people who voted trump in are busy celebrating a wall that will waste billions of dollars and be torn down by liberal idiots in the next democratic presidency.
    Last edited by Obs; 12-24-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    Couchlockd and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Associate Member
    Di-Fi agrees. The ATF lacks the authority to ban bump-fire stocks. Period.

Followed by words I never thought I'd find myself typing, ....

... Thank you, Senator Feinstein.

EDIT:
    I just noticed something. Di-Fi even used the correct name. The inventor and manufacturer (Slide-Fire) called them "bump-fire" stocks. They sold them as "bump-fire" stocks and "bump-fire" was what was printed on the box they came in. The first time they sent a sample to the BATF for comment, in his reply, the jack-off from the ATF called it a "bump stock." Probably too fucking lazy to type the other five characters. So that's the term the "antis" have glommed onto.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 12-28-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    I dunno, bump fire was the first skill I learned with my mini 14.

I can shoulder bump a mini accurately enough to dispatch any threats inside 50 yards.

Now there's a petition at White House -dot- gov you can sign for everyone to ignore. Currently at a little more than 3500 signatures.

There's a great quote in the narrative to the petition from Rob Pincus, “There are many reasons to fight a bump stock ban… but, Bump Stocks themselves are not one of them!”

The author continues,

The underlying concern is that this ban opens the door to the restriction of any and all gun PARTS on the basis that they can be misused by criminals. We can't afford to simply let this one go or look the other way.

The ban unconstitutionally rewrites existing law defining what constitutes a 'machine gun'. If anything can make a semiauto firearm shoot faster, will they ban all those things? Will they ban firearms altogether, since they can be bump fired without accessories??

From the keyboard of Massad Ayoob:

THE BUMPY ROAD OF BUMP STOCKS
    December 27, 2018

So, bump stocks are now forbidden, and those who own them are ordered to turn them in or destroy them. Period. The ninety-day countdown is already underway.

Many thousands of law-abiding Americans criminalized with the proverbial stroke of the pen.

Not even an amnesty period in which to declare the oh-so-recently legal goods..

No compensation that I can see, for many, many millions of dollars’ worth of product. Owners are ordered to destroy them or turn them in to authorities. No other options.

In theinterest of perspective: bump stocks were used in exactly ONE atrocity, the Las Vegas massacre of 2017. I do not own one and never saw a need to. I see the bump stock as a novelty product in the firearms world, a range toy as it were.

But it’s not about the bump stocks.

It’s about the precedent this order sets.

The bumpstocks had been approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives during the Obama administration. People bought them in good faith because the United States Government said they could.

Quite apart from the Second Amendment, I think there should be other succor to be found in the Bill of Rights, because this action is about confiscation without compensation of property legally purchased and responsibly owned.

What’s next? Only a naif would ignore the likelihood of the same action being taken against arm braces for AR15-style handguns. Or for shotshell-using firearms of the Mossberg Shockwave persuasion, probably more sooner than later if the bump stock ban stands. And, of course, the semiautomatics…

Predictably the other side in this culture war will say, “Screw you gun nuts, we hate you and you shouldn’t have guns anyway.” And to them I would say, “Do you not see the same precedent being applied to your swimming pools where children drown every year, and to your gas-guzzling vehicles, and to your wood stoves that fill the air with polluting smoke?”

Slippery slope. Unintended consequences. Insert additional clichés as necessary. The bump stock ban, in the long run, isn’t about bump stocks nearly so much as it’s about terrifying precedents which are anathema to a society based on freedom and justice.

We’re seeing something similar in New Jersey with its new, complete ban on any magazine holding over ten rounds, and we’ll discuss that next time.

All the grim details of the ban order are here.
    Obs likes this.

A fourth litigant has entered the anti-anti-bump-fire stock ban fray. A Mississippi lawyer by name of Stephen Stamboulieh (who has had some successful high-profile pro-2A actions in the past) has challenged the ban on the grounds that the "acting" US Attorney General lacks the authority to sign the ban into law. He cites 28 U.S. Code § 508, which stipulates who may act as the AG, and an "acting" AG isn't mentioned anywhere.

EDIT:
    Stamboulieh also argues that people who already owned bunp-fire stocks should have been grandfathered in because the BATF itself had given assurances not once but twice that the devices were legal. The obvious objection to that is that would violate the 1986 Hughes Amendment (the bizarrely-named Firearm Owner's Protection Act) which set the date of its passage as the cut-off for registering any new machineguns. BATF argues that it is not possible to make exceptions to Hughes without an act of Congress but Stamboulieh argues there already has been an exception made in at least one case and a 'new' machinegun was registered by BATF after the Hughes cut-off date. And if one exception was made, that sets the precedent for other exceptions.

And vendors are beginning to back out of the April NRA show in Indianapolis in protest over their failure to oppose the bump-fire stock ban. Hopefully enough will follow suit that they'll wake up and smell the bacon, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 01-07-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Time to wake up.
    The idiots thinking guns will be confinscated are living in the dark ages. No one will ever (door to door) collect guns. That would be absolute suicide and all politicians know it. Anyone with an IQ over 80 knows it.
    They will legislate them away slowly and if you are ever caught with a firearm that is not in compliance you will be facing ten years. There will be no uprising because people are too soft and just like to talk tough and never act.
    New Jersey has banned any magazine over 10 rounds now. Many states will follow suit. The interesting shit will happen when trump is gone. When the next Dem gets in office and uses a sloppily written law to literally classify semi autos as illegal based upon bumpfire capability. You dont need a gay ass stock to do this and likely the Democrats will realize that it is too big of a stretch to ban all semi autos because that could cause an uprising. Likely we will see nationwide magazine restrictions instead.

"From my cold dead hands," will be arranged if you resist arrest when you are caught with a non compliant firearm. Even if you don't resist you will get to finally learn how wonderful our judicial system is. It will ruin your life for many years.

What good is a gun you have to keep hidden away?
    GUNS WILL BE TAKEN ONE AT A TIME.

To blow off trumps ban and New Jerseys ban is playing right into their hand. There needs to be zero tolerance for encroaching legislation that will slowly rob you of freedom. "From my cold dead hands" is outdated. They can take your non compliant firearms and all your freedom if you posess one, one at a time. You won't be going to the range or ever firing a non compliant weapon or you will be toe tagged or sent to prison.
    There is no question if guns were attempted to be confinscated on a mass level the blowback would be so severe that the government would be taken down. SO THEY WON'T!
    They will legislate you into being a criminal and you won't be using those firearms.

It would be so convinient if the government operated off black and white constitutional laws and rights but they don't. They turn it all grey and slowly criminalize all.
    So what are you going to do when the police have a warrant because of a suspected N/C firearm or are there on a domestic call etc and find your non compliant hi capacity semi auto? Are you going to fight them to death or go to prison? I can assure you your fellow citizens won't be pulling out their non compliant firearms and coming to your aid. After all the warrant is only for your house and as long as they keep quiet they can keep their non compliant firearms and imagined freedom. Sooooo... They will.

This ain't 1950. The government knows how to take your guns without blowback.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

IGNORE FIREARMS LEGISLATION PASSED BY POLITICAL CANDIDATES WE LIKE?
    EDCG19 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information