• 4 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 2 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction.

Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw. Speaking after the clash, Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” just issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans. During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.

Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order.

The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

On July 4th, 1776 these same "extremists" as Bill Mitchell calls them, signed the Declaration of Independence, pledging to each other and their countrymen their lives, fortunes, & sacred honor. Many of them lost everything, over the course of the next few years. Lest we forget...

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I'm from Boston and never heard of this. Upon googling it, I find the same story but the city changes from site to site, and none of the sites seem like credible sources.... And it's all from 2018
    Title definitely made me want to click on it though

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the government and even its military should 'fear the people' , not the people should fear their own government.. just my opinion
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the government and even its military should 'fear the people' , not the people should fear their own government.. just my opinion
    "Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."

-- frequently attributed to Thomas Jefferson but first known occurrence in print
    originated from the writings of John Basil Barnhill

Like Yogi Berra, Jefferson really didn't say everything he said.

The greater importance of this story is not the minutia, the greater importance is that tensions had been high between Crown and Colonials for some years. They already had had violent clashes, most notably the Boston Massacre of 1770, details of which also are somewhat ...muddled. But those incidents had not prompted the Colonials to rise up en masse and stand in open defiance to the Crown.

What was different about the 20th of April in 17 and 75 was that Gage sent troops to relieve the Colonials of their arms, powder and shot. That their grievances with the Crown had not just gone unresolved but grown more numerous for those many years could only be a harbinger of one thing. Once they were disarmed, once they were without means to resist, the Crown would accord them no more respect than a mere slave.

"The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."

-- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775

"To disarm the people [...] was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, author of the 2nd Amendment, speech of June 14, 1788

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

-- Mohandas K. Gandhi, An Autobiography

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

-- Mao Tse-tung, 1938

"History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so."

-- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 08-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.

LONDON—Historians now believe that King George III "instantly and severely" regretted not implementing red flag laws on the deranged American colonists.

"Blast it all, why didn't I think of that?" the king had said to a friend later on, according to new sources. "We could have just said guys like that ungrateful George Washington and that Jefferson fellow were mentally unstable and grabbed all their guns."

While the British did try to implement some gun control leading up to the American Revolution, it was too little, too late. According to scholars, a well-timed red flag law could have prevented the whole thing, all under the pretense of trying to stop gun violence.

"I could have looked compassionate and tough on crime," George had confided in some guards in his castle or palace or wherever a British king guy lives. "But instead, I lost the colonies. Ungrateful savages! By Jove! Someone bring me some tea."
    Obs and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    LOL, yes, we always have massive clashes like this in today's society that is successfully completely covered up in massively populated areas because everyone forgot their cellphone at home. What a bunch of BS.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    LOL, yes, we always have massive clashes like this in today's society that is successfully completely covered up in massively populated areas because everyone forgot their cellphone at home. What a bunch of BS.
    What?

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I'm from Boston and never heard of this. Upon googling it, I find the same story but the city it happens in changes from site to site, and none of the sites seem like credible sources.... And it's all from 2018
    Title definitely made me want to click on it though

I assumed tarmyg was referring to my previous reply

Blog Entries
    Outstanding read , that was fun...

Thread Information