Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: Walmart annouces support for more stringent gun laws and a new "assault weapons" ban

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Walmart annouces support for more stringent gun laws and a new "assault weapons" ban

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said Thursday the company supports strengthening some gun measures in the United States after more than 20 people were killed in an attack on a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

Although McMillon stopped short of endorsing a specific bill or plan, he said Walmart is encouraged that consensus is building for "common sense" legislation to prevent mass shootings.

"We're encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," McMillon said in a statement Thursday. "We believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers."

These are weasel-words. McMillon is pussy-footing around it hoping not to offend the gun community but you can't be open to the idea without also being in favor of the change.

And then there's this:

Walmart is now blocking gun websites from their free wifi.

Tested at three stores, they block all the gun websites I could think of, maybe anything with “gun” in the URL but also websites such as glocktalk.com and ar15.com

This is nothing more than censorship to impose their political viewpoint.

Fuck Walmart up the ass with a red-hot fireplace poker.
    Obs likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I try not to go to Walmart anyway. I hate it, and most of the people that shop there. It’s become a cliche for trashy people
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    "Hoffer further noted that working-class Americans rarely joined protest movements and subcultures since they had entry into meaningful labor as an effective rite of passage out of adolescence while both the very poor who lived on welfare and the affluent were, in his words, "prevented from having a share in the world's work, and of proving their manhood by doing a man's work and getting a man's pay" and thus remained in a state of extended adolescence. Lacking in necessary self-esteem, they were prone to joining mass movements as a form of compensation."

Now Walmart is banning open carry and will stop selling handgun ammo & "short rifle" ammo (apparently 5.56 & .223).

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Sharing that to wickr.
    I will give you credit

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Walmart is a overall shit company with a shit reputation. They do well anyways because their prices are pretty cheap and they always have locations in the lower income areas so they get business. They screw their employees, suppliers, pretty much everyone who doesn't have a share in the profits. When stores try to unionize they just close the store instead of dealing with it. If you own a company, it's your right to do so, so it is what it is. My problem is, they're only doing this to try to look good in the public eye, which is a futile effort, and only hurting our side of the gun control debate
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information