Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By C27H40O3
  • 1 Post By wavefunction
  • 3 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By 2jz_calgary
  • 1 Post By 2jz_calgary

Thread: Biologists in WSJ: Only Two Sexes, Male and Female, There is No Sex 'Spectrum'

  1. #1
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,088

    Biologists in WSJ: Only Two Sexes, Male and Female, There is No Sex 'Spectrum'

    File this under "No shit, Sherlock!"

    Biologists in WSJ: Only Two Sexes, Male and Female, There is No Sex 'Spectrum'

    In a powerful commentary in the Feb. 3 edition of The Wall Street Journal, biologists Colin Wright and Emma Hilton explain that, scientifically, there are only two sexes, male and female, and there is no sex "spectrum." They also stress that "biologists and medical professionals" must stop being politically correct and "stand up for the empirical reality of biological sex."

    With the phenomenon of some men saying they "identify" as women and some women saying they "identify" as men, or any "gender identity" combination therein, "we see a dangerous and anti-scientific trend toward the outright denial of biological sex," state the biologists Wright and Hilton.

    This notion that there is a sex "spectrum," where people can choose "to identify as male or female," regardless of their anatomy, is irrational and has "no basis in reality," say the biologists. "It is false at every conceivable scale of resolution."

    As they explain, "In humans, as in most animals or plants, an organism’s biological sex corresponds to one of two distinct types of reproductive anatomy that develop for the production of small or large sex cells—sperm and eggs, respectively—and associated biological functions in sexual reproduction."

    ------------------------------------------------


    Not only that -- and I'm sure this will come as a shock to many of you -- sex and gender haven't got the slightest thing to do with each other.

    Sex is a biological distinction.
    Gender is a grammatical distinction.

    It's mostly just English-only monoglots who fall for this noise because English is the only major language that uses natural gender exclusively.
    The road, redz and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

  2. #2
    C27H40O3 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    756
    Next week they make a real earth shattering revelation. Everyone is either alive or dead.

    Stay tuned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The road likes this.

  3. #3
    The road's Avatar
    The road is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21,636
    Blog Entries
    1
    I cannot understand why the hell they are confused.
    XY chromosome = male.
    Xx is female.

    The rest is degenerative societal behavior being accepted and degrading the human race and nature itself.

  4. #4
    wavefunction's Avatar
    wavefunction is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Sex is a biological distinction.
    Gender is a grammatical distinction.
    Well, I learned something new today. Thank you
    Quester likes this.

  5. #5
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Sex is a biological distinction.
    Gender is a grammatical distinction.
    Well, I learned something new today. Thank you
    English is the only major language that uses natural grammar exclusively. Whether it's a "she" or a "her" (both pronouns in the feminine gender) or a "he" or a "him" (both pronoun in the masculine gender) depends entirely on their sex organs. If it bears eggs which must be fertilized by the opposite sex to produce offspring, it takes the feminine pronoun. If it produces the sperm needed to render the eggs fertile, it takes the masculine pronoun. In English, all inanimate objects take the neuter pronoun because they have no reproductive organs.

    All other major languages are different. Everything has gender. All inanimate objects are either masculine or feminine, despite the fact that they have no sex. The Spanish word for "shirt" (camisa) is feminine, despite it being traditionally a man's garment. The Spanish word for "dress" (vestido) is masculine, despite it traditionally being a woman's garment.

    Even the gender of the words used in other languages for the sex organs don't necessarily line up with the sex of that organ. The 'textbook' word for "penis" is like as not to be feminine, and the opposite for the word for vagina. Yiddish has about 50 terms for "penis," about half of which take the feminine pronoun. There is no rhyme or reason to it and it has absolutely sweet fuck-all to do with sex.

    But you might not realize it if the only language you speak is English.

    What we've got going on now is certain political elements trying to blur the distinction between normal sexual practices and abnormal sexual practices to try to make homosexuality socially acceptable. That's why they're working so hard to convince you to say "gay" instead of "homosexual." Because when you hear the word "homosexual" you instinctively think of two hairy, sweaty beasts playing "hide the sausage." But when you hear "gay" you think of something much more benign, less repulsive.

    The late Democrat Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan referered to it as "defining deviancy down." Seeking social acceptance for what previously had been a stigmatized activity and behavior. That's what trying to get you to speak of it as "gender" when it's actually "sex" is all about.

    Me, I don't give a fuck which team you bat for. Everybody needs love and everybody deserves some happiness in their life, . Hell, I'm even personally quite fond of several forms of sodomy, but only when practiced with members of the opposite sex. What gets my back up is some son of a bitch trying to corrupt our language so he can invent a civil right where one isn't due. I'm not opposed to homosexuality, just to pro-homosexuality activism. So don't piss down my leg and try to convince me it's raining.

    And what the homo community (apparently) fails to understand is that acceptance would be a horrible thing for them. Guilty pleasures are always the best, and a general acceptance would be bound to remove most of the guilt from their buggery. I have no idea how many homosexuals were so inclined from childhood but I believe some of them are drawn to it not by nature but specifically because it's a forbidden thing, the proverbial forbidden pleasure (can you say "David Bowie?"). There have been a couple of studies that found Jews and Catholics have the most pleasurable sex lives. Why? Because they're both raised in cultures steeped in guilt. They're made to feel guilty for every transgression. And especially for the act of sex. Kinky Friedman once said he thought homosexuals should be allowed to marry because they deserve to be as miserable as the rest of us.

    But that's exactly my point. The last thing they'd want is for homo sex to be "normal." That would cost them its "pizzazz."

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    It's mostly just English-only monoglots
    I learned a new word!


    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Next week they make a real earth shattering revelation. Everyone is either alive or dead.

    Stay tuned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Since Beetle and I are old we have a 50-50 chance...
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    2jz_calgary's Avatar
    2jz_calgary is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    calgary alberta canada
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    I cannot understand why the hell they are confused.
    XY chromosome = male.
    Xx is female.

    The rest is degenerative societal behavior being accepted and degrading the human race and nature itself.
    Amen to that. It isn't said enough.
    The road likes this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    556
    Jamie Lee Curtis is a woman with XY chromosones.

  9. #9
    2jz_calgary's Avatar
    2jz_calgary is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    calgary alberta canada
    Posts
    999
    Ya a tranny...half of Hollywood are genderbenders..wake up people
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

  10. #10
    Chicagotarsier is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,572
    Watched a crossdresser get blown away by a cop because they felt immune being female. My opinion on idiots is so ingrained I was laughing when it happened. A total Guardians of the Galaxy moment like when Rocket went off on Drax almost getting them killed stupidly. Groot is like GASP. Sad thing was the cops thought I had something to do with the incident. Tried to accuse me for putting the gay up to acting aggressive. I had just walked in the door when it happened.

    Oh yeah, F the po po too.

  11. #11
    2jz_calgary's Avatar
    2jz_calgary is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    calgary alberta canada
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Watched a crossdresser get blown away by a cop because they felt immune being female. My opinion on idiots is so ingrained I was laughing when it happened. A total Guardians of the Galaxy moment like when Rocket went off on Drax almost getting them killed stupidly. Groot is like GASP. Sad thing was the cops thought I had something to do with the incident. Tried to accuse me for putting the gay up to acting aggressive. I had just walked in the door when it happened.

    Oh yeah, F the po po too.
    I dont know what t say to that thanks for sharing. I cant help but chuckle at society today

  12. #12
    C27H40O3 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post

    Even the gender of the words used in other languages for the sex organs don't necessarily line up with the sex of that organ. The 'textbook' word for "penis" is like as not to be feminine, and the opposite for the word for vagina. Yiddish has about 50 terms for "penis," about half of which take the feminine pronoun. There is no rhyme or reason to it and it has absolutely sweet fuck-all to do with sex.

    But you might not realize it if the only language you speak is English.

    As in "chupa la pinga".

    Feminine article, feminine verb, but it surely doesnt get more masculine than that noun.

  13. #13
    C27H40O3 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    But that's exactly my point. The last thing they'd want is for homo sex to be "normal." That would cost them its "pizzazz."
    Correct. It makes them special in their eyes. It lets someone who is otherwise unremarkable be part of a small little weird world where they feel like they are shining when they go out among normal folks.

    They have a deep need to be noticed. A man walking down the street in makeup and wearing womens' clothes gets the looks they are craving. ALso, jobs are afraid to skip over them in hiring, lest they be called discriminatory.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •