• 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Littlearnie
  • 1 Post By DustMan
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By DustMan
  • 1 Post By DustMan

Thread: Children DO NOT pass on Coronavirus. Not ONE case ever.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dumbest opinion I have seen from him in a long time. But of course, we should trust him over science because his opinion is worth more than actual data!

German study finds no evidence coronavirus spreads in schools

Scientists say children may act as a "brake" on the spread of the virus

Schools do not play a major role in spreading the coronavirus, according to the results of a German study released on Monday.

The study, the largest carried out on schoolchildren and teachers in Germany, found traces of the virus in fewer than 1 per cent of teachers and children.

Scientists from Dresden Technical University said they believe children may act as a “brake” on chains of infection.

Prof Reinhard Berner, the head of pediatric medicine at Dresden University Hospital and leader of the study, said the results suggested the virus does not spread easily in schools.

“It is rather the opposite,” Prof Berner told a press conference. “Children act more as a brake on infection. Not every infection that reaches them is passed on.”

The study tested 2,045 children and teachers at 13 schools — including some where there have been cases of the virus. But scientists found antibodies in just 12 of those who took part.... (emphasis added)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post

The study tested 2,045 children and teachers at 13 schools — including some where there have been cases of the virus. But scientists found antibodies in just 12 of those who took part.... (emphasis added)
    including some where there have been cases of the virus. !!!!!

So funny.

So in the schools where there were no cases they found that no-one contracted the virus.
    Brilliant.

How would it spread if there were no cases???
    It does not spontanteously infect people.

And trying to justify opening schools in Florida or Arizona because 13 schools in Germany had a low case of spreading is laughable sceince at best.

The virus is far more prevalent here.
    The study above even stated that only some of the schools had any virus at all.

I am all for opening the schools safely.
    But social distancing cannot be done in the vast majority of the schools if we do a normal reopening.
    There simply isn't enough space.
    Gallowmere likes this.

Estimating the Risk of Death from COVID-19 vs. Influenza or Pneumonia by Age

Younger Americans appear have a significantly lower chance of dying from COVID-19 than they do of more common infectious diseases.

...Based on data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as of May 13, those older than 85 are 314 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than
    those aged 25–34; those under 15, by contrast, are 43 times less likely to die of the disease than those aged 25–34.

The risk of death from COVID-19 is far higher in the elderly than in younger Americans. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, those older than 65 are 26 times as likely to die of COVID-19 than those aged 25 to 54. Note that not all COVID-19 deaths reported elsewhere are counted by CDC, and that not all CDC-counted deaths were caused by COVID-19; some of these individuals died from other causes, but tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. If we assume that there will be 150,000 total deaths from COVID-19 in the U.S., the odds of an individual under 25 dying from COVID-19 are around 1.5 per million, or 1 in 669,000...

... [T]hose under the age of 25 are at significantly lower risk of death from COVID-19 than of the flu. Under our assumptions, for example, school-aged children between 5 and 14 have a 1 in 200,000 chance of dying of influenza, but a 1 in 2.5 million chance of dying of COVID-19.

For toddlers, the relative risk is even more pronounced. We estimate that Americans between ages 1–4 are 20 times more likely to die of influenza than of COVID-19.

Open the goddam schools already.

Yeah... point you're missing is that...

Those students have parents and grandparents.
    Covid is infectious.
    Kids get it.
    Parents get it.
    Grandparents get it.

And...
    Schools have more than just children in them.
    There also happens to be school staff.
    Those staff also have families which they can spread it to.

We all want schools open...
    But it needs to be done with precautions.
    Distancing and masks and such.

In case you haven't been in a school for a while...
    The vast majority of schools are incapable of holding classes of a regular size while maintaining social distancing.

If we assume that there will be 150,000 total deaths from COVID-19 in the U.S.
    I have the over...
    Do you want to bet?

Oopsie.

Nearly 50% of CDC COVID-19 Tests are False

Charlotte, N.C. – According to a July 17 study published in the International Journal of Geriatrics and Rehabilitation, 50 percent of nucleic acid coronavirus tests distributed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided inaccurate results.

The study’s lead author, Sin Hang Lee, MD, director of Milford Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, found that the testing kits gave a 30 percent false-positive rate and a 20 percent false-negative rate....

No tests are perfect.
    Mistakes get made.

It doesn't make any of the over 140,000 dead Americans any less dead.

Science And Data Say School Reopening Is Safe, So Why Do Democrats Oppose It?

Although the majority of parents in America are concerned about their children falling behind due to the closure of schools over COVID-19, the split over whether or not to open schools is purely a partisan choice. According to market research and public opinion group Ipsos, 78 percent of Democrats oppose re-opening schools while 79 percent of Republicans support the decision...

... According to the Foundation for Research of Equal Opportunity, maintaining the closure of schools poses expansive threats to the mental, emotional, and physical health of children and their family than the reopening schools could.

“While the risks of COVID-19 in children are low and manageable, the harms of prolonged school closures are high. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, ‘The importance of in-person learning is well-documented, and there is already evidence of the negative impacts on children because of school closures in the spring of 2020,’” the report says.

The science also points to children being at very low risk of hospitalization or death from the novel coronavirus.

“The Center for Disease Control’s most recent report shows 12 pediatric COVID deaths total, compared to 174 pediatric flu deaths this season. In the 2018-2019 flu season there were 400 pediatric deaths, and the 2009 swine flu pandemic killed 2,000 children,” writes Phil Kerpen in The Federalist....

Dirty Job's Mike Rowe responds to a safety nazi who criticized him for continuing to film his TV shows while the coronapanic is under way. His reply:

Of course, I’m concerned. I’m just not petrified.

On March 15th, the day after my part of the country was locked down, I posted a link to an interview with Dr. Michael Osterholm. I’m posting it again, because I believe you and everyone else in the country would benefit from listening carefully to what he has to say. https://bit.ly/2WLOM6o

Dr. Osterholm is the Director of Infectious Disease Research and Policy. This is the same epidemiologist who ten years ago, predicted a coronavirus would come from China and turn our country upside down. In his book “Deadliest Enemies,” he anticipated the utterly irresponsible way in which the media would report on the situation, the completely opportunistic and shamelessly political way our leaders would likely react, and the unprecedented chaos and confusion that would arise from all the mixed messages from the medical community. His resume is unexampled, https://bit.ly/3jvzQTW, and his analysis of the situation is the most logical and persuasive of any I’d heard so far. He’s also the only expert I know of who hasn’t walked back his numbers, reconsidered his position, or moved the goalposts with regard to what we must do, what we can do, and what he expects to happen next. I say all of this because Dr. Osterholm publicly predicted – in early MArch – that we could conservatively see over 100 million COVID cases in this country, with a very strong possibility of 480,000 fatalities – even if we successfully “flattened the curve.”

It took me a few weeks to accept this scenario, because 480,000 fatalities is a frightening number, and [a] lot of other experts were saying lots of conflicting things. But eventually, I came to the conclusion that Dr. Osterholm was probably correct, and quickly navigated the four stages of grief that usually precede acceptance – denial, anger, bargaining, and depression. By late April, I had come to accept Dr. Osterholm’s predictions as a matter of fact. Since then, I’ve had three full months to come to terms with the fact that, a) I am probably going to get COVID-19 at some point, b), I am almost certainly going to survive it, and c), I might very well give it to someone else.

I hope that doesn’t sound blasé, or glib, or fatalistic, or selfish. Four-hundred eighty thousand deaths is an obvious tragedy, and I’m deeply sympathetic to all who have been impacted thus far. I’m also very concerned for my parents, and everyone else in a high risk category. But when Dr. Osterholm says that COVID can be slowed but not stopped, I believe him. When he says a vaccine will not necessarily hasten herd immunity, I believe him. And when he says that people have confused “flattening the curve” with “eliminating the virus,” I believe him.

Thus, for the last three months, I’ve been operating from the assumption that this is a year-round virus that’s eventually going to infect 100 million people and kill roughly 1/2 of one percent of those infected, conservatively. I’ve accepted those numbers. Unfortunately, millions of others have not. Many people have no sense of where this is headed, and I understand why. They’ve been betrayed by a hysterical media that insists on covering each new reported case as if it were the first case. Every headline today drips with dread, as the next doomed hotspot approaches the next “grim milestone.” And so, for a lot of people, everyday is Groundhogs [sic] Day. They’re paralyzed by the rising numbers because the numbers have no context. They don’t know where it will end. But Dr. Osterholm says he does, and I’m persuaded that he’s correct. He might be wrong, and frankly, I hope he is, but either way, he’s presented us with a set of projections based on a logical analysis, and accepting those projections has allowed me to move past denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, and get on with my life with a better understanding of what the risks really are.

Fact is, we the people can accept almost anything if we’re given the facts, and enough time to get evaluate the risk and make our own decisions. Last year in this country, there were six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities. Tragic, for sure. But imagine for a moment if no one had ever died from a car accident. Imagine if this year, America endured six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities…for the first time ever. Now, imagine if these accidents and fatalities – over 16,000 and 90 per day respectively – imagine if they were reported upon like every new incidence of COVID. What would that do to our willingness to drive? For a while, I suspect it would keep us all off the roads, right? I mean, six million accidents out of the blue is a lot to process, and 36,000 deaths is scary – especially if you don’t know how high that number could get. It would take us a while to access the risk, before we blindly hopped into our cars again. Eventually though – after getting some context and perspective – we’d be able to evaluate the relative danger of operating a motor vehicle. Then, we could decide for ourselves when to drive, where to drive, and how much to drive. And so we do.

Again, don’t misunderstand. I’m not ignoring COVID, or downplaying COVID, or pretending the risks at hand aren’t real. Nor am I comparing COVID cases to car accidents – I’m simply comparing the fear of each to the other, and the fear that always accompanies uncertainty. I don’t want to get this disease or give it to someone else, any more than I want to be in a car car wreck that injures someone else. But I’ve accepted certain things about the pandemic, and now, I’ve gotten used to the risk as I understand it. I take precautions. I get tested as often as I can, and if I can’t physically distance, I wear a mask – especially around higher risk people. Likewise, I wear a seatbelt, obey the speed limits, and check my mirrors before changing lanes. Yes – I’m aware that we’d all be a lot safer if we kept our cars in the garage. I’m also aware we’d be a lot safer if we all kept ourselves in the house. But that’s not why cars, or people, exist.

Anyway Darlene, that’s a long way of saying that I have accepted Dr. Osterholm’s numbers, and now, after three months of acceptance, I’ve made a decision on how I wish to live my life. Sooner or later, you will too. We all will.

Mike

PS. My foundation is selling masks to raise money for our next work-ethic scholarship program. They’re going fast.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19. ...

henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

The mainstream media is NOT your friend. And since it has totally abrogated its role as The People's Watchdog, it is no longer derserving of the Constitutional protections it enjoys.

Mainstream media silent after CDC Director admitted
    COVID-19 death count inflation

Yes, hospitals get paid more for coronavirus deaths than "regular" deaths, but you won't hear about it on CNN or the NY Times.

... During a hearing by the House Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis on Friday, Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-Mo.) asked whether hospitals have “perverse incentive” to inflate COVID-19 fatality numbers.

Shockingly, Redfield admitted that they do.

“I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes, too,” Redfield said.

“Really, in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement,” he explained. “So, I do think there’s some reality to that.”

“When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate, and … we review all of those death certificates. So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases,” he continued. “I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure.”...

Yes, this is a double-post but it deserves to be in both places.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19. ...

henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study
    Sorry but this was not a double blind study...

Basically pseudo-science... paid for shit.

Just like when the tobacco companies published studies showing tobacco didn't cause cancer.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ed/5559367002/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkNC5OQD2UE

Just remember: Don't believe everything you read in the far-right publications. Just like one needs to be wary of the far-left.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 08-02-2020 at 08:12 PM.

How did those school reopenings go you may wonder...

Well schools in Georgia were open for less than a week before they had to close for disinfecting.
    Over 1K kids are in quarantine.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...onavirus-expos

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntine-n1236492

and BTW

Children DO pass on the virus.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-...us-11596978001

I do hope we can find ways to safely open schools.
    Georgia has shown us the way NOT to do it.

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    How did those school reopenings go you may wonder...

Well schools in Georgia were open for less than a week before they had to close for disinfecting.
    Over 1K kids are in quarantine.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...onavirus-expos

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ntine-n1236492

and BTW

Children DO pass on the virus.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-...us-11596978001

I do hope we can find ways to safely open schools.
    Georgia has shown us the way NOT to do it.
    Age old rule, dont argue with a fool. These people are everywhere is scary. This guy most likely thinks 5g started it all....
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Harvard Professor: Closing Schools Could Mean 10 Percent Lower Earnings For The Rest Of This Generation’s Lives

... A year off from school will depress students’ academic outcomes and decrease their future earnings by 10 percent for life, according to a Harvard University researcher.

On Wednesday, the White House held an event discussing school reopenings. President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, and presidential advisor Kellyanne Conway spoke with mothers, teachers, doctors, politicians, and subject-matter experts to emphasize the importance of allowing students to return to the classroom in the fall, and dispel rumors about safety precautions.
    Keeping Kids From School Will Affect Their Entire Lives

Dr. Paul Peterson, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute and the director of the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard, explored the serious risks of not sending students back. According to his research, the longer the schools are shut down, the lower this generation’s future earnings will be, and they will never recover.

“For every year that you spend in school, in the future, you will earn 10 percent more in lifetime earnings,” he said of his research. “So, if we locked down schools for a year, we assign this generation of students to a 10 percent earning loss in the rest of their life.”

Alongside the reduced future earnings, Peterson argues that serious non-academic growth will be lost in a virtual environment. The social growth and learning that comes from studying alongside peers cannot be replicated through online streaming.

Further, it is easier for problems, both academic and personal, to fall through the cracks when learning is not in person. Peterson relayed a story of how he discovered he needed glasses only when an elementary school teacher noted a problem. Personalized help like this will be lost...

... “Schools not only provide the academics for students with special needs, but it also provides the much-needed therapies and services to address developmental delays. And the structure and routine of a school day is so critical for this population of students. It simply cannot be replicated in a virtual platform, and especially for a kindergartner with Down Syndrome,” she said.

Her husband, Chris, who is the chairman of the president’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities, and Richard Corcoran, Florida’s Commissioner of Education, both expressed the special importance of special-needs children returning to school. The importance of in-school therapies and social interaction with other students is insurmountable for such children...

... There has been countless media coverage of teachers protesting the reopening of schools. However, far from every teacher is hesitant to get back into the classroom. Some are actively pushing to return to their students.

An Arkansas special education teacher, Lynne Gronseth, expressed that, even with being higher risk for coronavirus difficulties due to asthma, she wants to be back in the classroom, helping her students. She explained that students in her special education program need in-person resources that do not translate well over Zoom. She worked with her public school district to create protocols that allow teachers and students to return to class safely.

Claudia Valladares, a Texan kindergarten teacher, ran a safe and successful socially distanced in-person school this summer. With the summer school precautions proving to work, including “social distancing, six-feet apart; and children had to wear masks, 10 and older,” without a COVID outbreak, it became clear that reopening was not just possible, but the proper decision.

(emphasis added)

Claudia Valladares, a Texan kindergarten teacher, ran a safe and successful socially distanced in-person school this summer. With the summer school precautions proving to work, including “social distancing, six-feet apart; and children had to wear masks, 10 and older,” without a COVID outbreak, it became clear that reopening was not just possible, but the proper decision.
    emphasis added

We all want kids to go back to school.

But it should be done safely.

Tell Trumpy to manadate it. Social distancing and mandatory masks just like Beetlegeuse said.

Totally different then Georgia has done it.

Happy you are coming around to believing in science. First you said kids can't transmit the virus and now you want to mandate masks to help prevent the spread.

You are practially a liberal now!!!
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 08-14-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Prof Francois Balloux
    @BallouxFrancois
    ·
    Aug 11
    The best evidence comes from Sweden where the schools didn't close. People working in schools were at a lower, or similar risk of #COVID19 infection relative to other occupations.

Source: https://folkhalsomyndigheten.se/contentassets/

CDC publishes new survival rates for Covid… MSM Goes Silent

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

0-19 ______99.997%
    20-49_____99.98%
    50-69_____99.5%
    70+ ______ 94.6%

Didn't see it reported much.

Six Covid-19 facts the MSM is afraid to report

The study concludes that Donald Trump was likely the largest driver of
    the COVID-19 misinformation “infodemic.”

https://allianceforscience.cornell.e...ationFINAL.pdf

Very fitting for today...

Hopefully Trump will be better informed about Covid now that he has it.

Hopefully he can present the public with facts now instead of downplaying it.

Funny because according to Trump Covid affects virtually nobody.

I guess that makes Trump a nobody.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-i...navirus-rally/

Top infectious disease experts launch drive to end lockdowns

More than 5,000 health professionals have signed

Leading epidemiologists have launched a petition calling for an end to lockdowns of the healthy and, instead, focusing on protecting the people who are vulnerable to the coronavirus.

Professors Dr. Martin Kulldorff of Harvard, Dr. Sunetra Gupta of Oxford and Dr. Jayanta Bhattacharya of Stanford announced the effort in an interview Monday with Fox News' Laura Ingraham.

The Great Barrington Declaration states that as "infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection."

"Most of my colleagues in infectious disease," Kulldorf told Ingraham, "are in favor of risk-based strategy or an age-based strategy where we protect the elderly or other high risk groups while the younger resume life more or less normally.",,,

Stanford Professor Warns COVID Shelter-in-Place Orders Are ‘Killing People'

Infectious disease experts and epidemiologists from universities like Stanford, Yale, Harvard and Oxford say current shelter-in-place policies are not effectively protecting vulnerable people from COVID-19, while devastating public health in ways that will lead to irreparable harm for years to come.

Shit. Please delete. Mis-posted.

DustMan is offline Associate Member
    Just wanted to chuck in here.

Girlfriend is a teacher, they had a Corona outbreak at her school, she and half the other teachers were quarantined as several of the children all got Corona at the same time.

I would say that deflates and false notion of children's inability to pass Corona.

It is a shame these super doctors weren't treating the over 220,000 Americans that have died from Covid.

Remember, this group of doctors believe in Alien sperm and Devil DNA in vaccines.
    Or was it Alien DNA and Devil sperm???

I can't remember...
    I should go ask Q....

College student dies from Covid...

‘Super Healthy’ College Student Dies of Rare Covid-19 Complications

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/u...ies-covid.html
    DustMan likes this.

Worst part is the damage it does to peoples organs. Even highschool athletes, which are arguably the healthiest subgroup of individuals in the world, still end up with significant fibrosis of the heart, kidneys, and lungs. That's not reversible. The death toll is used by the right as a way of distracting people from the real issue, permanent organ damage, which will be costing our healthcare system big time for the next century.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
    Worst part is the damage it does to peoples organs. Even highschool athletes, which are arguably the healthiest subgroup of individuals in the world, still end up with significant fibrosis of the heart, kidneys, and lungs. That's not reversible. The death toll is used by the right as a way of distracting people from the real issue, permanent organ damage, which will be costing our healthcare system big time for the next century.
    Numerous cases at my employment and not one single person failed to recover. Only can speak for what ive seen personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Numerous cases at my employment and not one single person failed to recover. Only can speak for what ive seen personally.
    You need an MRI to see the fibrosis, not everyone gets it, but it's positively correlated with the severity of the symptoms. That being said, asymptomatic carriers can still end up with fibrosis. Even if you recover from the virus your stuck with the fibrosis for life.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Thread Information