• 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Should we use words like “mother” “son”....Demonrats say no

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

Should we use words like “mother” “son”....Demonrats say no

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...men-and-awoman

Im just wondering if these people are really this Godamn stupid or they legit believe this is how things should be...

Surely they are trolling , right?

Just a day ago, Pelosi introduced new House rules she said will help the body become more inclusive. A 45-page package that will be voted on Monday strips all mention of gender-specific pronouns and terms such as "man," "woman," "mother" and "son."

Does this have anything to do with Covid?? Am i missing something? Or is it bc we now have a vaccine and all is good we can go back to the dem agenda of abolishing gender titles...
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

There's nothing in the rules that prohibit members from using gender-specific terms when speaking on the House floor or conducting business.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...e-gotcha-votes

It doesn't tell anyone how to speak.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    There's nothing in the rules that prohibit members from using gender-specific terms when speaking on the House floor or conducting business.

No, but her proposal for the new rules package does change how members are addressed.

In an effort to be inclusive to those who don't identify as a specific gender, the rules package strips all mention of gender-specific pronouns and terms such as "man," "woman," "mother" and "son."

The Office of the Whistleblower Ombudsman, for instance, is renamed in the rules to the "Office of the Whistleblower Ombuds."

Also, personally, I thought the closing for the opening prayer was a very poor decision when "Amen, Awomen" was used.
    Of course it shows Rep. Cleaver's ignorance or insensitivity towards Christians and the Jewish fairh. However, if that's the path he chooses, it's on him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/532547-...men-and-awoman
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-04-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    No, but her proposal for the new rules package does:

In an effort to be inclusive to those who don't identify as a specific gender, the rules package strips all mention of gender-specific pronouns and terms such as "man," "woman," "mother" and "son."

The Office of the Whistleblower Ombudsman, for instance, is renamed in the rules to the "Office of the Whistleblower Ombuds."
    The rules package is worded gender neutral.

It doesn't prohibit anyone from using gender terms.

So I guess you are offended by their manner of speaking.

So basically you guys are telling other people how they should speak.

You are telling people how to speak.

Oh the hypocrisy.

The House's 45-page rules package that will be voted on Monday after the new Congress commences would also continue proxy voting during the coronavirus pandemic, ban lawmakers convicted of certain crimes from visiting the House floor again, and change payment rules on legislation related to the virus and climate change that previously required lawmakers to identify new revenue sources or spending cuts to fund their priorities.

Pelosi announced the "visionary rules package" with Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern, D-Mass., on Friday and said it reflects the values of her diverse Democratic majority.

"Democrats have crafted a package of unprecedented, bold reforms, which will make the House more accountable, transparent and effective in our work to meet the needs of the American people," Pelosi said.

"These future-focused proposals reflect our priorities as a caucus and as a country -- including crushing the coronavirus, addressing economic disparity, combating the climate crisis, advancing inclusion, and promoting integrity in government."

House GOP leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., mocked the inclusionary effort as "stupid."

Please provide any proof that the package is instructing people how they should speak.

I will sincerely apologize if I am wrong.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 01-04-2021 at 04:01 PM.

DD, I didn't say it affected how they address each other, I was referring to the rules package. That's why I posted the direct wording.
    redz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DD, I didn't say it affected how they address each other, I was referring to the rules package. That's why I posted the direct wording.
    Gotcha.

Sorry if I came down hard.

Yes... the package uses gender neutral terms.

I hate that shit too...

Hell I have a family member I refer to as "they"...

But the bill doesn't say that that everyone has to call a fireman a fireperson.

People can write packages however they want.
    It's America.

So sorry in misreading your intent.
    almostgone likes this.

Gotcha.

Sorry if I came down hard.

Yes... the package uses gender neutral terms.

I hate that shit too...

Hell I have a family member I refer to as "they"...

But the bill doesn't say that that everyone has to call a fireman a fireperson.

People can write packages however they want.
    It's America.

So sorry in misreading your intent.
    No problem, man. It's a discussion. Disagreement doesn't equate to dislike in my book.

No problem, man. It's a discussion. Disagreement doesn't equate to dislike in my book.
    Please refer to me as "they".
    Cylon357 likes this.

Please refer to me as "they".
    Ummm.....no. We use y'all down here. It's universal.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    The current president YOU voted for is trying to overturn the election and turn this country into the Soviet Union, yet you are more concerned with pronouns. Come the fuck on now.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    It would have been easier to change the meaning of 'man'.

Also, personally, I thought the closing for the opening prayer was a very poor decision when "Amen, Awomen" was used.
    A European would immediately interpret that as an attempt at humor. No way would a European think that that could be serious.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    The current president YOU voted for is trying to overturn the election and turn this country into the Soviet Union, yet you are more concerned with pronouns. Come the fuck on now.

Dont worry about what i do or who i voted for, i represent the American people...i don’t appreciate the language either

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    It would have been easier to change the meaning of 'man'.

A European would immediately interpret that as an attempt at humor. No way would a European think that that could be serious.
    There's a time for humor. During invocation isn't it.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Dont worry about what i do or who i voted for, i represent the American people...i don’t appreciate the language either
    If you don't want heat, don't start a fire. I'm not the one making threads about Trump this or that, I just respond as I see fit. Free country, after all. Or is it a free country only when it serves you? Btw you're in the minority by a good 7+ million. I represent the American people more than you and I wasn't even born here. Hah. Take care.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    you are such a douche

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, it reminds me of the days of old actually and how words / language changes with the times. It happens.

A kid with Cerebral Palsy or Polio - we used to call a spaz
    Mentally or learning challenged - a retard or tard
    Wore glasses - four eyes
    Homosexual- no need
    Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, etc. - no need
    Red hair - gingers

Use them if you want really, but sometimes when in public, it’s considered not cool any longer. There are occupations already that changes in gender specific labeling are already in place. Just when you think there is nothing more that you can change to become “politically correct”, along comes something else. Some of the politician’s constituents are sensitive to certain language and have rights like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    A kid with Cerebral Palsy or Polio - we used to call a spaz
    Mentally or learning challenged - a retard or tard
    Wore glasses - four eyes
    Homosexual- no need
    Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, etc. - no need
    Red hair - gingers .
    This is why we use the word 'cunt' so much in Ireland, for instance if you go to an opera or ballet show, you might hear someone say 'Who's that cunt in the back harmonising with the lead?'.

If nobody takes offense to 'cunt' then it diffuses all the other words.
    wango likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    If you don't want heat, don't start a fire. I'm not the one making threads about Trump this or that, I just respond as I see fit. Free country, after all. Or is it a free country only when it serves you? Btw you're in the minority by a good 7+ million. I represent the American people more than you and I wasn't even born here. Hah. Take care.
    Lol you’re an idiot dude thats why I have you on my ingore list bc all you spew is garbage and frankly im just tired of reading it.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    This is why we use the word 'cunt' so much in Ireland, for instance if you go to an opera or ballet show, you might hear someone say 'Who's that cunt in the back harmonising with the lead?'.

If nobody takes offense to 'cunt' then it diffuses all the other words.
    So cunt is a cross-gender term that applies to both men and woman, see, Ireland is already there!

On a serious note FK, if a man is called a cunt, it’s just slang for a jerk, a-hole, etc? But does the meaning change if it is told to a woman? Here that is the nasty of the nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    On a serious note FK, if a man is called a cunt, it’s just slang for a jerk, a-hole, etc? But does the meaning change if it is told to a woman? Here that is the nasty of the nasty.
    My American exgirlfriend came over to Ireland and heard how much people said 'cunt', even when referring to people they like, for example at a dinner party after an opera, you might hear someone say 'Were you the cunt with the green feathered hat?".

When my ex and I got to America, she made it very clear to me, 'Never call me that'. So I knew that the word was the lowest of the low in America, and I especially knew not to say it about my gf.

Then one day we were in the bedroom and I couldn't find my PCT drugs because her smart mouth got our bags torn apart at JFK airport (I was very nearly sent home on the next flight to Ireland). I was already righteously pissed off that they took my Tren and Test off me, so it just annoyed me more that I couldn't find the one drug that they allowed me to keep.

I couldn't get her attention so I just said 'Cunt, cunt, cunt'. She immediately went rummaging through the luggage bag and found my pills. Then she sat down at the computer desk and cried.

I wasn't without fault in that relationship but she did far worse than I did.

(deleting duplicate post)

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I think I want to be addressed as "The Mighty It"
    Seriously?!?!?!?

Everyone is using just one word and YOU insist on being referred to with 3?!!?!?!

Maybe we can compromise and call you Themightyit... think it changes the pronunciation though...
    Cylon357 likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Lol you’re an idiot dude thats why I have you on my ingore list bc all you spew is garbage and frankly im just tired of reading it.
    You’re on my ignore list as soon as you post a picture because you’re bigger than me so fuck that.
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    You’re on my ignore list as soon as you post a picture because you’re bigger than me so fuck that.
    Come on brother dont do me like that now lmao
    tarmyg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz
    Come on brother dont do me like that now lmao
    I'm not allowed to write poems about Nathaniel's internal organs, but these two can fornicate openly on the board.

I do think that love is boundless but seriously we need a revolution here. Perhaps a shift in paradigm.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I'm not allowed to write poems about Nathaniel's internal organs, but these two can fornicate openly on the board.

I do think that love is boundless but seriously we need a revolution here. Perhaps a shift in paradigm.
    I have slight hunch they dont want his name mentioned, i think that’s what got your thread locked. Id prefer no ones real name be mentioned here honestly and think most would agree

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Thought congress would have more pressing business!
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Demon-rats lmao hahahah....funny, Cuz.... Pelosi means "hairy" in Italian... 'nuff said....things got a bit hairy with her using the 2nd stimulus due in like August as HOSTAGE BAIT so that Trump would lose the November election. I myself like 'em hairy lol... hot Pelosi x lol

My American exgirlfriend came over to Ireland and heard how much people said 'cunt', even when referring to people they like, for example at a dinner party after an opera, you might hear someone say 'Were you the cunt with the green feathered hat?".

When my ex and I got to America, she made it very clear to me, 'Never call me that'. So I knew that the word was the lowest of the low in America, and I especially knew not to say it about my gf.

Then one day we were in the bedroom and I couldn't find my PCT drugs because her smart mouth got our bags torn apart at JFK airport (I was very nearly sent home on the next flight to Ireland). I was already righteously pissed off that they took my Tren and Test off me, so it just annoyed me more that I couldn't find the one drug that they allowed me to keep.

I couldn't get her attention so I just said 'Cunt, cunt, cunt'. She immediately went rummaging through the luggage bag and found my pills. Then she sat down at the computer desk and cried.

I wasn't without fault in that relationship but she did far worse than I did.
    Wow you lived a long storied life for a 19 year old... ?? emoticon with a funny SKEPTICAL face inserted here...

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    Wow you lived a long storied life for a 19 year old... ?? emoticon with a funny SKEPTICAL face inserted here...
    Please explain your calculation of 19.

Please explain your calculation of 19.
    it's on your page. under bio

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    it's on your page. under bio
    it says you are 19 years old... with all that you wrote and your experiences, it sounds like at least 40

The age listed is the age one enters when they join the site.
    Thus you have to add the time since joining to the age listed.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Thread Information