Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Hughinn
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Death threats surge, and FBI ‘more interested’ in those against Democrats

  1. #1
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602

    Death threats surge, and FBI ‘more interested’ in those against Democrats

    Gaetz: Death threats surge, and FBI ‘more interested’ in those against Democrats

    by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist | | January 25, 2021 04:04 PM

    Death threats against lawmakers have been surging since the election, but a key House Republican and ally of former President Donald Trump said that the FBI is “more interested” in checking those against Democrats.

    “We're averaging several threats per day,” said Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz.

    In a media call to discuss his upcoming trip to Wyoming to campaign against House GOP leader Rep. Liz Cheney, who voted to impeach Trump, Gaetz said that there has been a “substantial increase of death threats” against members.

    Gaetz decried any violence but suggested that the FBI has favored investigating threats against Democrats over Republicans.

    “I have to take some note as to the fact that as I have seen the way some of these death threat waves come in to different factions of politics, the FBI seems to be a whole lot more interested in those levied against Democrats [than] those levied against me and my fellow Republicans. I know that wasn’t your question, but it was noteworthy to me,” said the lawmaker.

    Apparently, the threats began to surge after the election and the pro-Trump protests in the Capitol. They have come against both parties and against those close or opposed to Trump.

    Gaetz is very close to Trump and his family, including son Donald Trump Jr., who tweeted support for the lawmaker’s focus on ousting Cheney and the other nine Republican House members who voted to impeach Trump as he was winding down his term.

    Gaetz said that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy asked him to stop naming his GOP targets due to the death threats. He said he did but only for a day or two before again calling for Cheney's ouster.

    "After Liz became, more, I think, you know, problematic in her divergence from the perspective of the conference, it became untenable not to identify her as the key internal resistance within the Republican Party to the 'America First' vision," he said.

  2. #2
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Democrats weren’t the ones fooled into trying to overthrow democracy. We’re not the ones falling for bullshit conspiracies and Qanon. Your people are the dangerous ones because you want to overthrow democracy. When democrats storm the Capitol based off of lies, let me know.

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Your people are the dangerous ones because you want to overthrow democracy. .

    Nobody wants to overthrow democracy. You're lumping all conservatives into one basket (of deplorables) based off the actions of a few. Should conservatives group all democrats into supporters of BLM and Antifa's agenda?
    almostgone and Hughinn like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Nobody wants to overthrow democracy. You're lumping all conservatives into one basket (of deplorables) based off the actions of a few. Should conservatives group all democrats into supporters of BLM and Antifa's agenda?
    Well said!!!
    Hughinn likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #5
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Not saying everyone on the right is included in my statement. By "your people," i'm talking about the people who believed the consipracy theories and lies and supported Trump before the insurrection, and after. A significant part of his base IS who I'm talking about.

    When you talk about BLM /Antifa rioters, realize you're talking about young people (probably under 20 years old for the most part) who are rioting for the sake of rioting. When you look at the population breaking into the Capitol, they are full grown adults.

    The right has all the gun/NRA nuts, ultra-nationalists, KKK, Proud Boys, etc. The left is inclusive by default. There are some bad seeds, but the left operates on inclusion, of everyone. By default, we cannot be the fascists, the socialists, etc.

    The republican party right now is diseased. They have succumbed to lies and conspiracy theories peddled by Donald Trump and other key senators/congress members/politicians that continue to peddle lies. They have threatened to hang members of congress that argued against the lies. So when I say "your people," I'm not referring to everyone on the right, I'm talking about that huge subset of people that continue to instigate, threaten, and fight against lawful democratic norms.

    You know, I tried to stay out of this section, but Beetlegeuse keeps spreading more and more lies and bending the truth. If you are trying to stop corruption and help anything, look inside your own party, because you have a lot of cleaning up to do.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post

    If you are trying to stop corruption and help anything, look inside your own party, because you have a lot of cleaning up to do.

    No doubt. We all know the democrat party is perfect and has zero clean up to do. And I'm not a member of a party. I vote people, not parties.
    Hughinn likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    No doubt. We all know the democrat party is perfect and has zero clean up to do. And I'm not a member of a party. I vote people, not parties.
    It's not that the democratic party is flawless, it's just that the Republican party is so heavily corrupted at this point, that calling out anyone on the left is extremely hypocritical and rich. The damage the lies spready by Trump and Fox News have lead to the state of dysfunction we're in... Now right-wing politicians just want to forget what lead to the attempt at overthrowing the election and pretend like it was no big deal. Everyone who supported Trump in his fight against democracy should be in jail. I vote people too, and if anyone like Trump was a candidate in the democratic party, I would be very much against them and would be on here saying the same exact thing. It's just that we don't tend to have lying snakes like Trump, Cruz, McConnnell, etc. They tend to fall on the right, and that seems to be their "corporate culture."

  8. #8
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    You know, I tried to stay out of this section, but Beetlegeuse keeps spreading more and more lies and bending the truth. If you are trying to stop corruption and help anything, look inside your own party, because you have a lot of cleaning up to do.
    Pot, kettle.

    Kettle, pot.


    The only way to reduce corruption in government is to reduce the size of government.

    Every penny you give politicians control of moves you just that much closer to oligarchy, if not totalitarianism.


    All political parties suck. But the simple fact is that at the moment, the demoncrat party's stated objectives are decidedly more destructive to the causes of individual liberty and the preservation of the Republic in the form the Founding Fathers' intended.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Pot, kettle.

    Kettle, pot.


    The only way to reduce corruption in government is to reduce the size of government.

    Every penny you give politicians control of moves you just that much closer to oligarchy, if not totalitarianism.


    All political parties suck. But the simple fact is that at the moment, the demoncrat party's stated objectives are decidedly more destructive to the causes of individual liberty and the preservation of the Republic in the form the Founding Fathers' intended.
    I do agree wholeheartedly that there is widespread corruption in the government.

    What amazes me is that people saw Trump as a savior of America.
    He quite literally tried to overturn the election results.
    That is pretty much the most un-American thing someone can do.

    I do realize people thought he was going to drain the swamp but IMO...
    He was the worst thing that had happened to America in a very long time.

    So yeah...
    Some may think he was trying to "shrink" the government...
    But the only way he was doing it was by running America as a totalitarian.

    And when the people voted him out...
    His true colors shined brighter than ever.

    I would rather live in an America that is a somewhat functioning bureaucratic mess then live in a dictatorship where you can't vote for change.


    side note:
    Whenever someone uses the term Demoncrat (or Demonrat)...
    They are either admitting they are a Qnut who believes that the world is run by Satanic cannibalistic pediphiles...
    Or they simply are mass insulting 1/3 of all Americans.
    Either way... I recommend you grow up.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-03-2021 at 11:30 AM.

  10. #10
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Not saying everyone on the right is included in my statement. By "your people," i'm talking about the people who believed the consipracy theories and lies and supported Trump before the insurrection, and after. A significant part of his base IS who I'm talking about.

    When you talk about BLM /Antifa rioters, realize you're talking about young people (probably under 20 years old for the most part) who are rioting for the sake of rioting. When you look at the population breaking into the Capitol, they are full grown adults.

    The right has all the gun/NRA nuts, ultra-nationalists, KKK, Proud Boys, etc. The left is inclusive by default. There are some bad seeds, but the left operates on inclusion, of everyone. By default, we cannot be the fascists, the socialists, etc.

    The republican party right now is diseased. They have succumbed to lies and conspiracy theories peddled by Donald Trump and other key senators/congress members/politicians that continue to peddle lies. They have threatened to hang members of congress that argued against the lies. So when I say "your people," I'm not referring to everyone on the right, I'm talking about that huge subset of people that continue to instigate, threaten, and fight against lawful democratic norms.

    You know, I tried to stay out of this section, but Beetlegeuse keeps spreading more and more lies and bending the truth. If you are trying to stop corruption and help anything, look inside your own party, because you have a lot of cleaning up to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It's not that the democratic party is flawless, it's just that the Republican party is so heavily corrupted at this point, that calling out anyone on the left is extremely hypocritical and rich. The damage the lies spready by Trump and Fox News have lead to the state of dysfunction we're in... Now right-wing politicians just want to forget what lead to the attempt at overthrowing the election and pretend like it was no big deal. Everyone who supported Trump in his fight against democracy should be in jail. I vote people too, and if anyone like Trump was a candidate in the democratic party, I would be very much against them and would be on here saying the same exact thing. It's just that we don't tend to have lying snakes like Trump, Cruz, McConnnell, etc. They tend to fall on the right, and that seems to be their "corporate culture."


    That goes for the Democratic party as well. They've become a haven for the progressive movement, which is most certainly a socialist platform.
    You seem to think your party has no dirty laundry. Members are supporting the fund to bail out rioters who are violent criminals. The Democratic party is rife with corruption as well.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...as-moseley.amp


    How about Maxine Waters encouraging people to harass politicians in public and get a crowd together and get in their face? Doesn't sound like an inclusive party to me.

    Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere. We've got to get the children connected to their parents.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...als/index.html



    What about the Democratic politicians and Democratic supporters that promote violence?
    For more than a decade, leading Democrats and Hollywood elites have encouraged mob violence to achieve their political goals. Several examples include but are not limited to:


    In 2008, President Obama said, “I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

    In June 2018, Rep. Maxine Waters said, “If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, at a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

    In July 2018, Senator Cory Booker said, “That’s my call to action here. Please just don’t come here and then go home. Go to the Hill today…Please, get up in the face of some congresspeople.”

    In June of 2018, then Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said, “I just don’t even know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be.”

    In 2017, Senator Tim Kaine said, "So, the way we get outside the bubble is we take advantage of this tremendous public outcry against the administration…What we've got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box, and now there's the momentum to be able to do this.”

    In August 2020, Rep. Ayanna Pressley said, “There needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives.”

    In March 2018, Joe Biden said, “If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.”

    In February 2018, Donny Deutsch said, “People need to start taking to the streets. You know this is a dictator.”

    In October 2018, former Attorney General Eric Holder said, “If they go low, we kick them.”

    In October 2016, Robert Deniro said, “I’d like to punch him in the face.”

    In June 2017, Johnny Depp said, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a President?”

    In September 2018, Carol Cooke said, “Where is John Wilkes Boothe when you need him?”

    In January 2017, Madonna said, “Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.”

    In October 2017, Rep. Maxine Waters said, “I will go and take Trump out tonight.”

    In August 2017, Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal said, “I hope Trump is assassinated!”

    https://boebert.house.gov/media/pres...crat-hypocrisy



    Understand that there are some bad apples in the Democratic party as well. Instead of choosing to lump all Republicans as gun nuts, extremists, etc., why don't you do a little digging in your own backyard?

    The Democratic Party of today is NOT the Democratic party that it used to be..... unfortunately. It is it inclusive? Oh yeah, it includes extremists to the same extent or more than there are extremists embedded in the Republican party.

    You simply seem to thrive on blasting anyone who dared vote the "R" word in an election and choose to ignore the extremists of the liberal, progressive side of today's Democratic party.

    The bottom line is there needs to be a housecleaning on both sides of the aisle. Until both Republican and Democrat Americans work together to clean out the mess via elections and calling attention to the antics that are happening on a daily basis, it's not going to get any better.

    It certainly won't improve when there are those that paint with such a wide brush that they immediately assume a political affiliation automatically defines a person.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-04-2021 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Formatting for clarity
    Hughinn likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Nobody wants to overthrow democracy.
    I guess you didn't hear about the insurrection at the Capitol.
    I guess you forgot about the Michigan militia that wanted to start a civil war.

    I am not saying that all Republicans want to overthrow democracy.
    But a certain subset do in fact want to overthrow democracy.

    And yes... there are some leftist groups too who also want to overthrow democracy.
    For example... NFAC wants to be given Texas and start their own nation I believe.


    Side note:
    We are so busy tearing ourselves apart from within that we can lose sight of the fact that their also exists nations and non-domestic terrorists groups that want to overthrow America.
    They are all laughing so hard that they are in tears right now.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-03-2021 at 11:38 AM.

  12. #12
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I guess you didn't hear about the insurrection at the Capitol.
    I guess you forgot about the Michigan militia that wanted to start a civil war.

    I am not saying that all Republicans want to overthrow democracy.
    But a certain subset do in fact want to overthrow democracy.

    And yes... there are some leftist groups too who also want to overthrow democracy.
    For example... NFAC wants to be given Texas and start their own nation I believe.


    Side note:
    We are so busy tearing ourselves apart from within that we can lose sight of the fact that their also exists nations and non-domestic terrorists groups that want to overthrow America.
    They are all laughing so hard that they are in tears right now
    .

    In bold above, that is a hard and dangerous truth that many are ignoring or are unaware of, DD. I'm glad to see that there are others cognizant of what is happening.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #13
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,649
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

    The bottom line is there needs to be a housecleaning on both sides of the aisle. Until both Republican and Democratic Americans work together to clean out the mess via elections and calling attention to the antics that are happening on a daily basis, it's not going to get any better.

    It certainly won't improve when there are those that paint with such a wide brush that they immediately assume a political affiliation automatically defines a person.

    Wow. Very well said.
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  14. #14
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Ok, off to work! Y'all have a good day.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  15. #15
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I guess you didn't hear about the insurrection at the Capitol.
    I guess you forgot about the Michigan militia that wanted to start a civil war.

    I am not saying that all Republicans want to overthrow democracy.
    But a certain subset do in fact want to overthrow democracy.

    And yes... there are some leftist groups too who also want to overthrow democracy.
    For example... NFAC wants to be given Texas and start their own nation I believe.


    Side note:
    We are so busy tearing ourselves apart from within that we can lose sight of the fact that their also exists nations and non-domestic terrorists groups that want to overthrow America.
    They are all laughing so hard that they are in tears right now
    .


    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    In bold above, that is a hard and dangerous truth that many are ignoring or are unaware of, DD. I'm glad to see that there are others cognizant of what is happening.

    Circling back to what DD posted and my reply earlier. DD is 100% spot on regarding this. I've said it before so I won't fully reiterate it again, but people need to consider the possibility that there are parties/bad actors whose strategy is to rile up and motivate extremists from both parties.

    This is very dangerous territory. You have the citizens pitted against each other, they become blind to the inefficiency of our government, and serves no other purpose than to weaken the nation and make it even more susceptible to foreign intervention.

    Ok, time to go make metal into chips.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  16. #16
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,649
    Aren't you supposed to be working?
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  17. #17
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be working?
    LOl, I'm here. Just pulled my boots on. It's an hour commute one way.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  18. #18
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Circling back to what DD posted and my reply earlier. DD is 100% spot on regarding this. I've said it before so I won't fully reiterate it again, but people need to consider the possibility that there are parties/bad actors whose strategy is to rile up and motivate extremists from both parties.

    This is very dangerous territory. You have the citizens pitted against each other, they become blind to the inefficiency of our government, and serves no other purpose than to weaken the nation and make it even more susceptible to foreign intervention.

    Ok, time to go make metal into chips.

    Perhaps you haven't considered their actions are intentional.

    The underlined part of your post is exactly right. As long as you hate the boogeyman, you don't see that the leaders are responsible for the way it is.

    Just look at how the left insists on daily accenting of racial, ethnic and economic differences. This coincides directly with their invention of the modern boogeyman. The blue collar white male. Every single policy the left espouses is based on identity. Everything. It's also just my opinion, but I think many on the right only pretend to oppose them. For the show and perception that thier opposing the nonsense. When in reality they're on the same side in many cases. The side of the supremest elite.


    If you wanted to run a country for the benefit of the people who lived there, by contrast, you’d do the opposite of this.

    You’d deemphasize racial differences. You’d understand that in a society composed of many different ethnic groups, tribalism is the greatest threat to unity and order.

    Of course there will always be racism, because that’s the nature of people, and you’d work to discourage it. But you would resist using the existence of racism as an excuse for your failures. You would never, for example, blame an entire racial group for the sins of its ancestors. That would serve only to embitter and divide the population

    Another example is the recent election. Good leaders, that had honest intentions would understand that having at least a third of the nation believing the election was fraudulent is a recipe for disaster. Yet nothing was done openly and publicly to reassure citizens that despite massive irregularities and bizarre twist and turns, that the results are legitimate. It would've gone a long way to unity. So why didn't they do it? If they didn't want to have millions of people pissed off, then why didn't they do something?

    If the intention is not to divide and embitter, then one can only come to the conclusion that our leaders are either indifferent, or incompetent.

    BTW, You're a machinist?

    I'm a millwright.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-03-2021 at 03:29 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Perhaps you haven't considered their actions are intentional.

    The underlined part of your post is exactly right. As long as you hate the boogeyman, you don't see that the leaders are responsible for the way it is.

    Just look at how the left insists on daily accenting of racial, ethnic and economic differences. This coincides directly with their invention of the modern boogeyman. The blue collar white male. see below Every single policy the left espouses is based on identity. How about clean energy, stricter gun laws, universal healthcare... What identity are these based on? Everything. It's also just my opinion, but I think many on the right only pretend to oppose them. For the show and perception that thier opposing the nonsense. When in reality they're on the same side in many cases. The side of the supremest elite.


    If you wanted to run a country for the benefit of the people who lived there, by contrast, you’d do the opposite of this.

    You’d deemphasize racial differences. You’d understand that in a society composed of many different ethnic groups, tribalism is the greatest threat to unity and order. Exactly why white supremacy is a problem. Biden agrees with you.

    Of course there will always be racism, because that’s the nature of people, and you’d work to discourage it. But you would resist using the existence of racism as an excuse for your failures. You would never, for example, blame an entire racial group for the sins of its ancestors. No-one I know personally blames anyone alive today for things that happened hundreds of years ago. That would be like me hating a German baby because of Hitler's atrocities. But... that doesn't mean that shit didn't happen years ago. And because shit happened their might still be effects of the injustice today. That would serve only to embitter and divide the population

    Another example is the recent election. Good leaders, that had honest intentions would understand that having at least a third of the nation believing the election was fraudulent is a recipe for disaster. Yet nothing was done openly and publicly to reassure citizens that despite massive irregularities and bizarre twist and turns, that the results are legitimate. It would've gone a long way to unity. So why didn't they do it? If they didn't want to have millions of people pissed off, then why didn't they do something?

    If the intention is not to divide and embitter, then one can only come to the conclusion that our leaders are either indifferent, or incompetent.

    BTW, You're a machinist?

    I'm a millwright.
    You claim the blue collar white male is the bogeyman.

    I am white.
    Have been my whole life.
    I know very many white people.
    Most of my friends and associates are white.

    I don't know of a single white person who feels like they are being blamed for anything.
    I don't know of a single white person who feels oppressed by society.

    I know plenty of angry white people.
    I know plenty of people who oppose BLM or defund the police.

    But I don't know any white people who feels that they are being attacked.
    Hell, I know policeman, and their stance is that it is a tough time to be a cop. Not because they are white... simply because they are a cop.

    I really, honestly, have no idea what you mean by saying the blue collar white male is the bogeyman.

    Maybe where you live things are different.

  20. #20
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Perhaps you haven't considered their actions are intentional.

    The underlined part of your post is exactly right. As long as you hate the boogeyman, you don't see that the leaders are responsible for the way it is.

    Just look at how the left insists on daily accenting of racial, ethnic and economic differences. This coincides directly with their invention of the modern boogeyman. The blue collar white male. Every single policy the left espouses is based on identity. Everything. It's also just my opinion, but I think many on the right only pretend to oppose them. For the show and perception that thier opposing the nonsense. When in reality they're on the same side in many cases. The side of the supremest elite.


    If you wanted to run a country for the benefit of the people who lived there, by contrast, you’d do the opposite of this.

    You’d deemphasize racial differences. You’d understand that in a society composed of many different ethnic groups, tribalism is the greatest threat to unity and order.

    Of course there will always be racism, because that’s the nature of people, and you’d work to discourage it. But you would resist using the existence of racism as an excuse for your failures. You would never, for example, blame an entire racial group for the sins of its ancestors. That would serve only to embitter and divide the population

    Another example is the recent election. Good leaders, that had honest intentions would understand that having at least a third of the nation believing the election was fraudulent is a recipe for disaster. Yet nothing was done openly and publicly to reassure citizens that despite massive irregularities and bizarre twist and turns, that the results are legitimate. It would've gone a long way to unity. So why didn't they do it? If they didn't want to have millions of people pissed off, then why didn't they do something?

    If the intention is not to divide and embitter, then one can only come to the conclusion that our leaders are either indifferent, or incompetent.

    BTW, You're a machinist?

    I'm a millwright.







    No, I fully support that it is intentional. I think that much of it is driven by foreign actors that use extremists and our own government to subvert the framework of our country.

    That's why I posted that their are "parties/bad actors", I literally meant "parties".

    Yeah man, machinist/toolmaker/ trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t....all of those. . Getting older now and mainly deal with mold machining unless there is a breakdown.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-03-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Hughinn likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    No, I fully support that is intentional. I think that much of it is driven by foreign actors that use extremists and our own government to subvert the framework of our country.
    My vote is that the Russians are the biggest manipulators.
    But China too...
    And people like the Saudis...
    And pretty much every other nation out there is involved in propaganda and espionage.

    America does it too on every nation out there.

    What I don't believe is that there is a cabal of satanic canilbalistic pedophiles.

    But I do believe we have to be wary of Hollywood.
    Surely you know of the Film Actors Guild

    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-03-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    almostgone and Hughinn like this.

  22. #22
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    You claim the blue collar white male is the bogeyman.

    I am white.
    Have been my whole life.
    I know very many white people.
    Most of my friends and associates are white.

    I don't know of a single white person who feels like they are being blamed for anything.
    I don't know of a single white person who feels oppressed by society.

    I know plenty of angry white people.
    I know plenty of people who oppose BLM or defund the police.

    But I don't know any white people who feels that they are being attacked.
    Hell, I know policeman, and their stance is that it is a tough time to be a cop. Not because they are white... simply because they are a cop.

    I really, honestly, have no idea what you mean by saying the blue collar white male is the bogeyman.

    Maybe where you live things are different.
    With due respect. I can say with a certain level of certainty. You are not a blue collar working man. Your friends aren't either. Nor are your family, or in laws. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

    Example, making chips from metal, is a machinist shaping parts from rough stock. And a tool maker is at top of the class as far as machinists. Custom made, one off parts and complex designs are thier specially. That man has an education that'd rival any university. He likely can quote trigonometry and geometrical formulas by memory. But only another blue collar tradesman would catch his chip statement. I am a millwright.

    It's not necessarily geography. It's about the class you were born to.

    I mean all of that respectfully. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

    What i mean to say is that, the identity politics we see, are meant asa diversion from the reality that our leaders have screwed us. Instead of admitting it, they try to get us to blame eachother. Is my point.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-03-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    With due respect. I can say with a certain level of certainty. You are not a blue collar working man. Your friends aren't either. Nor are your family, or in laws. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

    It's not necessarily geography. It's about the class you were born to.

    I mean all of that respectfully. I hope you don't take it the wrong way.
    I have friends and associates who are policemen, contractors, HVAC workers, teachers, landscapers, musicians, firemen, bartenders, chefs, retail salesmen, electricians...

    I grew up white lower middle class until my father got addicted to drugs.

    So yes... I worked 30-40 hours a week to put myself thru college and graduated with debt to get to where I am today.
    And I had such a low end wall street job that I collected cans in my suit as I walked home from work so I could buy my cheap Chinese chicken and broccoli.
    Hell... before I became "successful" I wanted to declare bankruptcy but couldn't afford it and didn't know how to do it myself.

    And yes... now I trade government bonds. Not the least bit blue collar.

    But I grew up blue collar and am surrounded by blue collar.
    I also am surrounded by white collar and am now self-employed.

    But I don't see your point.
    Maybe in the northeast white folks feel differently then wherever you live now.


    So please explain to me:
    Who is using you as a bogeyman?
    Who is attacking you and blaming their problems on you?

    Not an attack... just honest curiousity.

    Listen... my friend a landscaper hates BLM and defund the police and the Democrats... but he doesn't feel like he is being attacked for being a white landscaper.
    I just don't understand your point.


    I think you may mean that for example:
    Blacks blame their impoverished state on discrimination.
    Our poor people have trouble moving up in society because the system is rigged against them.
    But neither of those examples put the blame on blue collar white men.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-03-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

  24. #24
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post


    I think you may mean that for example:
    Blacks blame their impoverished state on discrimination.
    Our poor people have trouble moving up in society because the system is rigged against them.
    But neither of those examples put the blame on blue collar white men.
    Thats exactly my point. You do understand, sort of.

    Blacks are told constantly, as well as most other colored people and women that they have been victimized and discriminated against. And that's why they don't have better plight in life than what they have. That narrative is relentlessly pushed to the point of exhaustion.

    And perhaps that's true for them, but it's also true for poor whites.

    The common denominator is the very people constantly telling them that , are the very people responsible for it.

    It's like somebody having a pie, and that pie was earned by everyone who worked for it. Then when time comes to divide it out, instead of doling out fair shares, they dole out one small piece, to one party only, and take the rest, then convince the others to fight eachother over that small piece.

    You cannot deny, that when many women and people of color think about why they feel cheated, and who has done it to them, more often than not, it's the common white man that gets the blame. Because that's what the narrative tells them every day.

    Immigration reform is a practical issue. Too much, and wages go down, resources get strained. How much is too much? What is the sensible number? Who knows? But nobody can ask. If you do, its just the mean old white men not wanting to share narrative.

    Racism, discrimination, hate and bigotry are all strictly narrated to portray mainly working class white men as the perpetrators, and everyone else the victim.

    When in reality, racism exists in people of all colors, and white peop,people, are arguably the least racist of anybody. Same goes for bigotry and discrimination. These things aren't confined to one ethnic group o up alone. But that's the way it's portrayed. By design.

    Meet the boogeyman. The bizzare mythical creature to blame for all the ills of the nation. Created specifically so the leaders can avoid taking responsibility for the failures caused by thier own greedy and selfish actions.

    On a side note, the democrat party has pulled this all before. It's their playbook to the letter. Before they convinced all the poor whites, that all thier problems were because of the poor blacks. And they rode that sentiment to power.

    Now they play the exact same game, convincing the poor people of color that all thier problems are because of poor whites.

    Joe biden has written policy in American institutions for 50 years. But, does anybody blame Joe for those institutions discriminating? No, they blame the boogeyman. And so does Joe. He blames "RACIAL INEQUITIES " on systemic racism. But joe has worked that system he clames is racist for 50 years. So tell me, who is to blame?

    Leaders interested in unity wouldn't pull that shit. Like I said in my post above. It's all about turning us on eachother so we don't see how bad they screwed us all.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-03-2021 at 07:34 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post

    Now they play the exact same game, convincing the poor people of color that all thier problems are because of poor whites.
    While I disagree with much of what you say...

    This is what I disagree with the most.

    I hardly think that the poor people of color think that the poor white people are responsible.

    I am not a poor person of color but...
    I think that most poor people of color (or poor whites for that matter) think the problem is with the society as a whole. The rich get richer.
    I highly doubt that the ghetto black is blaming the trailer park white.
    Even if you go up in income...
    I do not think the lower middle class person of color is blaming the local white electrician.

    I think people are smart enough to know the problem lies with the rich and powerful.

    I interviewed on Wall Street.
    I worked on Wall Street.
    It was white as can be.
    You didn't get hired unless you were white.
    That is what is called systematic racism.
    Have things changed. Sure. It has gotten better.
    But I don't think a black person who didn't get hired was blaming the white janitor at the firm.
    He would blame the men at the top.

  26. #26
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    While I disagree with much of what you say...

    This is what I disagree with the most.

    I hardly think that the poor people of color think that the poor white people are responsible.

    I am not a poor person of color but...
    I think that most poor people of color (or poor whites for that matter) think the problem is with the society as a whole. The rich get richer.
    I highly doubt that the ghetto black is blaming the trailer park white.
    Even if you go up in income...
    I do not think the lower middle class person of color is blaming the local white electrician.

    I think people are smart enough to know the problem lies with the rich and powerful.

    I interviewed on Wall Street.
    I worked on Wall Street.
    It was white as can be.
    You didn't get hired unless you were white.
    That is what is called systematic racism.
    Have things changed. Sure. It has gotten better.
    But I don't think a black person who didn't get hired was blaming the white janitor at the firm.
    He would blame the men at the top.
    Some interesting things there DD.

    Where i work, white people are the minority. Because hiring practices in the working class focus largely on preference toward people of color.

    But you know what? I'm a white man. And most of the men I work with are mostly Asian black and hispanic.
    And you know what else? Most of us are Trump supporters.

    And as far as the racial thing, most agree that the leadership of this country and the upper classes need to stop stirring up shit.

    Because left alone. We all get along just fine. I've actually lived in the ghetto. And I've experienced racism toward me for the color of my skin. But, not by the community in general, because they largely accepted me. It was just a few racist assholes. The same is true for the majority of the working class.

    It all goes back to my point of real supremecy doesn't it? The problem is at the top. You want to fight supremacists DD? Look on wall street, silicon valley and washington DC. Because that's wwhere it really is.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-04-2021 at 05:04 AM.

  27. #27
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602
    Chuck-U Schumer threatens the conservative members of SCOTUS at a pro-infanticide rally.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •