Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Hughinn

Thread: Covid Relief? Is this it?

  1. #1
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868

    Covid Relief? Is this it?

    The Biden administration has given the nod to the democrats covid relief bill.
    With a massive price tag, for the American taxpayer and an astronomically high cost, it appears that much of it has nothing to do with covid relief.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...id-relief-bill



    https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/covid-...n-foreign-aid/

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...-deal-n2581947

    "Gender programs in Pakistan" is my favorite.

    You've got to wonder how this administration thinks funding "gender studies in Pakistan" is somehow going to help Americans struggling with hardships due to covid.

    I mean, the Kennedy center, is approaching $300 million dollars so far in covid relief packages, and I don't understand what the Kennedy center has done to help covid. Other than donating millions of dollars each year the democrat party candidates, what has the Kennedy center done at all for the American public? Will the ink on those checks, cut to the Kennedy center even be dry by the time that money is the coffers of the democrat party? And why isn't anybody allowed to ask publicly, what any of that has to do with covid relief?
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-23-2021 at 12:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    The Biden administration has given the nod to the democrats covid relief bill.
    With a massive price tag, for the American taxpayer and an astronomically high cost, it appears that much of it has nothing to do with covid relief.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...id-relief-bill



    https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/covid-...n-foreign-aid/

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...-deal-n2581947

    "Gender programs in Pakistan" is my favorite.

    You've got to wonder how this administration thinks funding "gender studies in Pakistan" is somehow going to help Americans struggling with hardships due to covid.

    I mean, the Kennedy center, is approaching $300 million dollars so far in covid relief packages, and I don't understand what the Kennedy center has done to help covid. Other than donating millions of dollars each year the democrat party candidates, what has the Kennedy center done at all for the American public? Will the ink on those checks, cut to the Kennedy center even be dry by the time that money is the coffers of the democrat party? And why isn't anybody allowed to ask publicly, what any of that has to do with covid relief?
    The gender studies is actually being promoted by a republican, Lindsay Graham from what I understand. He says it would help women live a better life... i dont know how. That was a December of last year when that arose first

    As far as the bill goes quite a bit is going to Covid relief the stimulus checks alone around 420 billion. There is some democrat wishlist things in it from what i read but most of it wasnt too eye alarming for me. The minimum wage bill is a tad risky but its over 5 years and i do think minimum wage is a fucking joke at 7.25... you cant expect anyone in 2021 no matter what age to take a job seriously for that wage. It needs to increase , now, i dont think it needs to be 15$ either.

    Id be good with $10. My first job not that long ago was 5.35 an hour

    Seems like also i read somewhere that a Los Angelas 100 million train track “study” of some sort is to begin within 5 years? Not 100 percent sure but i think I read that on fox

  3. #3
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    The gender studies is actually being promoted by a republican, Lindsay Graham from what I understand. He says it would help women live a better life... i dont know how. That was a December of last year when that arose first

    As far as the bill goes quite a bit is going to Covid relief the stimulus checks alone around 420 billion. There is some democrat wishlist things in it from what i read but most of it wasnt too eye alarming for me. The minimum wage bill is a tad risky but its over 5 years and i do think minimum wage is a fucking joke at 7.25... you cant expect anyone in 2021 no matter what age to take a job seriously for that wage. It needs to increase , now, i dont think it needs to be 15$ either.

    Id be good with $10. My first job not that long ago was 5.35 an hour

    Seems like also i read somewhere that a Los Angelas 100 million train track “study” of some sor to begin within 5 years? Not 100 percent sure but i think I read that on fox


    However, The Wall Street Journal editorial board estimated that only $825 billion was directly related to COVID-relief and $1 trillion was “expansions of progressive programs, pork, and unrelated policy changes.”

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=121598c439db


    The Smithsonian gets a cool 1billion.


    I agree about the minimum wage being so low. But it can't practically be the same everywhere. I can tell you that 15$ per hour in north Alabama is a decent paying job, or was 10 years ago.

    But thats starvation wages in Boston.

    One year, in the late 90s I put some rails in on a project called the big dig in Boston. I made 130k that year under a welding hood in tunnels on that one job. The worst part about was all the rude assed people with funny accents and prima-dona trade workers. lol. But in Boston, that was decent pay,, but not alot of money.

    In East Texas, it's was more than some doctors made back then.

    I was glad to get back home. I didn't leave nothing there, and I ain't trying to go back. Lol


    Funny story, the guy I was rooming with was also from the same local in Texas, he got drew to spend a day on a Pickett line and didn't show up. The Boston local tried to levy a fine against him, because most all trades there are union. We were too, but Texas local members. When the Boston union rep told him they'd call the business agent in Texas to collect the fine, my friend told him that he doubted anyone in Texas would care what a Boston union rep had to say.

    So he called the Texas business agent, who to proceeded to inform him that a local fine in Boston was of no concern to him or the Texas trades council, and he had better things to do than argue about it.

    My friend can't work in Boston ever again. It's called being black balled. So he stays in Houston these days.


    Moralmof the story, after working and living there briefly, the only reason I went was a nationwide call for skilled trades and high advertised wages. But with what it costs to stay there, even after per diem, we would've done just as good in Houston, Tampa or New Orleans, our regular haunts.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-23-2021 at 01:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,581
    It's funny how when a Republican offers COVID cheques out to the people it's "giving us our money back," but when a Democrat offers the same thing it's "redistribution of wealth."

    Fact of the matter is money is created in a federal reserve bank by a group of crust evil bankers. They make the money with the promise of more money in return. The only way to get that "more money" they wanted is to borrow more from the same monsters who lent you in in the first place.

    So the government uses this money on things I don't really agree with "like transvestites in Pakistan" (thanks Lindsey Graham). TBH, I really don't care. All they're doing is speeding up the demise of their current monetary system. There was an endgame to this the minute they signed the Federal Reserve Act. Whether it happens next week or 5 years down the road, it's still coming and every year the rate will continue to increase.

    If in the meantime, during this collapse, they can make a few people's lives a little easier, more power to it. I hope people have some sense to put stuff away (not money) for a rainy day, because the inevitable crash will happen. But we know most won't.

    But yeah, theoretically the only way for a minimum wage to actually work is if the government controls the prices of rent, gas, cars, food, clothes, etc etc. It's not going to be something too different than the Soviet Union in the 1980s.

  5. #5
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's funny how when a Republican offers COVID cheques out to the people it's "giving us our money back," but when a Democrat offers the same thing it's "redistribution of wealth."

    Fact of the matter is money is created in a federal reserve bank by a group of crust evil bankers. They make the money with the promise of more money in return. The only way to get that "more money" they wanted is to borrow more from the same monsters who lent you in in the first place.

    So the government uses this money on things I don't really agree with "like transvestites in Pakistan" (thanks Lindsey Graham). TBH, I really don't care. All they're doing is speeding up the demise of their current monetary system. There was an endgame to this the minute they signed the Federal Reserve Act. Whether it happens next week or 5 years down the road, it's still coming and every year the rate will continue to increase.

    If in the meantime, during this collapse, they can make a few people's lives a little easier, more power to it. I hope people have some sense to put stuff away (not money) for a rainy day, because the inevitable crash will happen. But we know most won't.

    But yeah, theoretically the only way for a minimum wage to actually work is if the government controls the prices of rent, gas, cars, food, clothes, etc etc. It's not going to be something too different than the Soviet Union in the 1980s.
    It's really a predictable thing isn't it?

    The soviet union of the 1980s collapsed because of it. And we will too.

    I guess you could say that, the ultimate fall of the empire was written the day it was Born.

    But it still has to play itself out doesn't it?

    The ruling class gets more and more corrupt, incompetent and degenerate. The lower class gets more needy and dependant. And it spirals out the same way every time.

    But, man, will persist.

    Manhood, and masculinity although currently demonized will eventually prevail. And we start all over again.

  6. #6
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    It's really a predictable thing isn't it?

    The soviet union of the 1980s collapsed because of it. And we will too.

    I guess you could say that, the ultimate fall of the empire was written the day it was Born.

    But it still has to play itself out doesn't it?

    The ruling class gets more and more corrupt, incompetent and degenerate. The lower class gets more needy and dependant. And it spirals out the same way every time.

    But, man, will persist.

    Manhood, and masculinity although currently demonized will eventually prevail. And we start all over again.
    I don't think the US will itself collapse over its money problems, but the entire monetary system will likely have to change. It was doomed the second Woodrow Wilson signed it in to law.

    I'm not going to even speculate on this "ruling class" thing. My views I can guarantee are not going to be shared here nor is this the place for such talk.

    The only thing for certain is things cannot continue the way they are and there is nothing you or I could do about it. The only thing you can do is go along for the ride and enjoy things while you still have them, because in a short enough time, you won't be able to (not to say you won't enjoy the things that will replace the old).

  7. #7
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I don't think the US will itself collapse over its money problems, but the entire monetary system will likely have to change. It was doomed the second Woodrow Wilson signed it in to law.

    I'm not going to even speculate on this "ruling class" thing. My views I can guarantee are not going to be shared here nor is this the place for such talk.

    The only thing for certain is things cannot continue the way they are and there is nothing you or I could do about it. The only thing you can do is go along for the ride and enjoy things while you still have them, because in a short enough time, you won't be able to (not to say you won't enjoy the things that will replace the old).
    Goes back to my original point.

    A government that has enough to give it's money to another county. Just might be taking too much from it's own citizens.

    But, I guess we'll see the global utopia. The only thing orwell got wrong was the date.

  8. #8
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Goes back to my original point.

    A government that has enough to give it's money to another county. Just might be taking too much from it's own citizens.

    But, I guess we'll see the global utopia. The only thing orwell got wrong was the date.
    They're not really giving your money to anyone there. What they're doing is they're borrowing money (with interest) from a very small group of scumbags who make that money out of nothing, except the government has no intention of ever paying it back nor does those banksters think they're ever going to see it back. The government will just borrow even more to make the previous payments due.

    Eventually, it's going to crash no matter what they do. The system was designed to fall from the beginning with this small group of people heavily benefitting when it does. Giving money to Paki trannies or not, it's still going to happen. The difference is the date it happens. It's what usury will do in the end.

  9. #9
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    American population: 330,483,530
    Stimulus bill: $2,000,000,000,000 ($2 Trillion)
    Dividing the cost by every American is $6,051.74 The government could have given every person over $6,000, but instead will give $1,200 to each adult under a certain income. Want to know where the missing 96% of your tax dollars went? Here you go:

    1. $300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance pg.. 147.

    2. $10,000 per person for student loan bailout.

    3. $100,000,000 to NASA, because, who knows why.

    4. $20,000,000,000 to the USPS, because why not after all they helped election confusion.

    5. $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts - because of it.

    6. $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing.

    7. $15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training (notice how small this number is compared)

    8. $435,000,000 for mental health support. (Whose mental health is a mystery)

    9. $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed (all those zeros can be confusing, that’s $30 BILLION).

    10. $200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program.

    11. $300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR has to be bought by the Democrats.

    12. $500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who knows how we are going to use it with illegal DEM lockdowns.


    13. $720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs. Go figure.

    14. $25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I kid you not it's on page 136.

    15. $7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries.

    16. $35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts.

    17. $25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives. They gave themselves a bonus. How nice is that?

    18. $3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA. (AGREED, but none of that will actually go to where it is supposed to)

    19. $315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs.

    20. $95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development.

    21. $300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance.

    22. $90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148.

    23. $13,000,000 to Howard University (ALL black ONLY COLLEGE)pg. 121.

    24. $9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134.

    25. $100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162. This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat ($100,000,000 is chump change.)

    26. $40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act This sounds like it's direct payments for workers pg. 164.

    27. $1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163

    28. $25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165

    29. $492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167


    30. $526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused) Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress.

    31. $25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169

    32. $3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172

    33. $5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172

    34. $2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175 such a low number.

    35. $5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175

    36. $2,500,000 Office of Housing

    This is why democrat politicians refused to pass a stimulus before the election.

    They knew the fix was in. They bought the fix, and now it's time to pay the bill
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 09:36 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Pork is how bills get passed.
    Has always happened whomever is president...

    Now considering Biden is faced with massive unemployment and massive deficits...
    He definitely is in a bind.

    He is following the third worst president ever as far as deficits goes.
    He is following the worst jobs president since the Great Depression.

    Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years
    The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.


    https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

    Trump Leaving Office With 3M Less Jobs Than When He Entered, Worst Record Since Depression

    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-leavi...ession-1562737

    I personally think the economy needs to be stimulated.
    It is a shame that our former president gave so much tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy...
    Maybe if he didn't run such a big deficit he could've stimulated the economy himself.

    America is in shambles right now.
    Thankfully the man that got us there is out of office.

  11. #11
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Pork is how bills get passed.
    Has always happened whomever is president...

    Now considering Biden is faced with massive unemployment and massive deficits...
    He definitely is in a bind.

    He is following the third worst president ever as far as deficits goes.
    He is following the worst jobs president since the Great Depression.

    Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years
    The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.


    https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

    Trump Leaving Office With 3M Less Jobs Than When He Entered, Worst Record Since Depression

    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-leavi...ession-1562737

    I personally think the economy needs to be stimulated.
    It is a shame that our former president gave so much tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy...
    Maybe if he didn't run such a big deficit he could've stimulated the economy himself.

    America is in shambles right now.
    Thankfully the man that got us there is out of office.
    It never fails,
    Discussing a stimulus package to help american workers, that doesn't do much at all to help american workers, but will pass anyway with overwhelming partisan support only, and you somehow make it about Trump. C'mon man.


    I also noticed government bond divedends skyrocketing. Likely due to the anticipation of inflation, higher energy prices and the fed printing more money.
    I guess people do vote for thier Pocket book.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 11:15 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    It never fails,
    Discussing a stimulus package to help american workers, that doesn't do much at all to help american workers, but will pass anyway with overwhelming partisan support only, and you somehow make it about Trump. C'mon man.


    I also noticed government bond divedends skyrocketing. Likely due to the anticipation of inflation, higher energy prices and the fed printing more money.
    I guess people do vote for thier Pocket book.
    I will make this simple...
    All bills have pork in them.

    Secondly... Biden is unfortunately left with dealing with Trump's disaster. No way around it.
    If Trump handled his affairs better than Biden wouldn't have to clean up Trump's dump.

    Not sure how you think that a covid relief bill doesn't involve dealing with Trump's dump.

    If Trump were a better man then Biden wouldn't need to pass any relief bill.

    By the way...
    Governement bonds don't have dividends.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-26-2021 at 11:25 AM.

  13. #13
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    https://www.forbes.com/2009/04/14/bo...h=2a17d25c30b9

    Bonds certainly do advertise dividends.


    And yeah man I get it. It's all because"orange man bad'.

    We all get it. Even though 90 percent of that money, doesn't help american workers suffering from covid-19, or have anything to do with Trump. It's okay because the bad orange man caused it. Lol
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 11:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Back to square one...

    All bills have pork in them.

    I guess you were fine with Trump's pork laden bills because he was your chosen master.

    Give Biden a chance.
    He has been in office for little over a month.

    This bill is better than the one that Trump didn't pass.

    Is it perfect? No.

    Would you like to discuss the one that Trump didn't pass?
    How much help did that do for Americans?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    FYI:
    Stocks pay dividends.
    Bonds pay coupons.

    Coupon payment is the periodic payment of interest by a bond issuer to a bondholder. Coupon payment is not to be confused with stock dividend payment—the two are distinct in a few ways.

    https://www.clydebankmedia.com/defin...0bond%20issuer.

  16. #16
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Back to square one...

    All bills have pork in them.

    I guess you were fine with Trump's pork laden bills because he was your chosen master.

    Give Biden a chance.
    He has been in office for little over a month.

    This bill is better than the one that Trump didn't pass.

    Is it perfect? No.

    Would you like to discuss the one that Trump didn't pass?
    How much help did that do for Americans?
    It's literally the largest spending bill in modern history.
    With more pork than ever before in history.

    You might be okay with it, because Orange man bad' and democrat party politicians wrote it up. And joe biden endorsed it.

    But not everyone agrees with trillions of dollars of tax money spent on garbage unnecessary not benefitting american citizens. And it has nothing to do with Donald Trump for practical people And everything to do with the biden administration.

    The information here is for people to see. I'll also be posting congressional vote record's and endorsement of this pork. So people can know who is responsible for such criminal fleecing of american taxpayers. It has little support outside the DNC ranks.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 02:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    I never said I was OK with all the pork.

    I said it is normal for pork to be in bills.

    I also think the first Covid relief bill was 2 trillion.

    You know, the one where all the large businesses got the loans before the small businesses could.


    Anyway...
    If you continue to mock me then I will mock you.

    You have stated before that you specifically say Orange man bad to mock people.


    Please try to be civil.


    Curious why Trump was so ineffective at passing a 2nd relief bill...
    Maybe he was too busy fueling the Big Lie.

    It is painfully obvious that he doesn't care jack shit about anybody except himself.

    Maybe he could've passed a better bill if he actually tried.
    But he didn't.

    As is... we are stuck with this pig of a bill.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 02-26-2021 at 02:43 PM.

  18. #18
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I never said I was OK with all the pork.

    I said it is normal for pork to be in bills.

    I also think the first Covid relief bill was 2 trillion.

    You know, the one where all the large businesses got the loans before the small businesses could.


    Anyway...
    If you continue to mock me then I will mock you.

    You have stated before that you specifically say Orange man bad to mock people.


    Please try to be civil.


    Curious why Trump was so ineffective at passing a 2nd relief bill...
    Maybe he was too busy fueling the Big Lie.

    It is painfully obvious that he doesn't care jack shit about anybody except himself.

    Maybe he could've passed a better bill if he actually tried.
    But he didn't.

    As is... we are stuck with this pig of a bill.
    Trump couldn't pass a stimulus, because the Democrat leader of the house was holding out to see who won the election.

    This way, the democrat party got the pork they wanted.

    She admitted it here.
    How's that for you.

    https://nsjonline.com/article/2020/1...very-american/

    One again dog, all the shit you talk and names you throw around, I'll say whatever I want. I already explained the respect thing. You don't give it, you don't get it. And that's it. I don't care if you don't like it.

    Block me if you can't take it. Because you sure dish it out enough. And I am being civil.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 03:21 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    A true leader knows how to reach across the aisle...

    Trump knows how to lie.

  20. #20
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    A true leader knows how to reach across the aisle...

    Trump knows how to lie.
    "Orange man bad'.

    So funny.

    You really can't help yourself can you?

    FYI. Biden has not reached out across the isle. He had no support on this pork package and declined 99% of republican suggestions.

    He must not be a true leader eh? Maybe him the orange man do have something in common.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 03:31 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    He didn't need to reach across the aisle.
    That's the difference.

    Perhaps if he needed to he would've.

    Fuck, he didn't even need to campaign.

  22. #22
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,515
    My goodness, it’s kind of like gears grinding against each other or that’s where you two are headed?

    The reality is however, for all of Biden’s shortcomings and for as horrible as he may seem or actually be . . . .

    Trump the incumbent, lost to this guy. America chose Biden over Trump.
    Hughinn likes this.

  23. #23
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    He didn't need to reach across the aisle.
    That's the difference.

    Perhaps if he needed to he would've.

    Fuck, he didn't even need to campaign.
    Seems sort of bizzare doesn't it? He doesn't need to reach across the isle, and he didn't even campaign.
    So why reach out to the other half Americans who have questions or might not necessarily agree? Didn't you say that's what a "real leader" would do?
    Oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    My goodness, it’s kind of like gears grinding against each other or that’s where you two are headed?

    The reality is however, for all of Biden’s shortcomings and for as horrible as he may seem or actually be . . . .

    Trump the incumbent, lost to this guy. America chose Biden over Trump.
    Lol. No brother, it's not really what it looks like. I actually care for the dog quite a bit. I think he's starting to come round lol.
    But honestly, it's just healthy debate. I'm a gen x skilled tradesmen. He's a millennial wall street government bond trader. We just ain't going to agree on politics. Most people here are somewhere in between. So, It's good to converse. As long as we stay civil. Unfortunately, we're doing what our leaders should be doing: hearing eachother out.

    But really, tens of millions , maybe hundreds of millions of Americans don't believe joe biden got 80 million votes. And they have plenty of reasons to back it up.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 02-26-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    wango likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •