Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 138
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: George Floyds family set to receive 27 MILLION dollars

  1. #1
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646

    George Floyds family set to receive 27 MILLION dollars

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-fl...193235352.html


    Could this be a sign Chauvin will walk? Lots of questions arise out of this to me...would my family had got 27 million dollars if i had died in handcuffs? Probably Not right, but we know that anyway. Maybe this will help the family and ease the suffering

  2. #2
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    9,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-fl...193235352.html


    Could this be a sign Chauvin will walk? Lots of questions arise out of this to me...would my family had got 27 million dollars if i had died in handcuffs? Probably Not right, but we know that anyway. Maybe this will help the family and ease the suffering
    They don't deserve anything. Floyd was a suspect who was resisting arrest. He had atherosclerosis and a lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. If you can tell a cop that you cannot breathe, it's not because the cop is obstructing your air passage. If that were the case, he wouldn't be able to say he can't breathe. The guy had a heart attack.

    So that brings the question, does a suspect's family deserve restitution if that suspect dies while resisting arrest of a self-inflicted injury (overdose)? It's entirely because he's black.
    redz and Wannabhuge14 like this.

  3. #3
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602
    If you resist arrest and the cops fuck you up, you've already received your just reward.

    You might beat the rap but no one beats the ride. You receive minimum damage if you cooperate, be polite (obsequious even), and get in the damn police car when they tell you to. The cop isn't there to judge you, he's there to collect you and hand you over to the people who will. Your argument is with them, not the cops, and you will only magnify your problems if you resist them.
    warchild, Hughinn and redz like this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    They don't deserve anything. Floyd was a suspect who was resisting arrest. He had atherosclerosis and a lethal dose of fentanyl in his blood. If you can tell a cop that you cannot breathe, it's not because the cop is obstructing your air passage. If that were the case, he wouldn't be able to say he can't breathe. The guy had a heart attack.

    So that brings the question, does a suspect's family deserve restitution if that suspect dies while resisting arrest of a self-inflicted injury (overdose)? It's entirely because he's black.
    Both autopsies ruled homicide as the cause of death.

    Fact Check: Did George Floyd Die of a Drug Overdose, as Tucker Carlson Says?

    The Ruling
    Mostly false.

    The HCME did list drug use as being a factor that could have contributed to the death of George Floyd. But it reported that neck compression and cardiopulmonary arrest played a larger role in his death.

    The HCME and family-ordered autopsies ruled homicide as the cause of death.

    Neither report claims that Floyd died of drugs or a pre-existing condition, but instead that his heart stopped and that the cause of death was restraint.


    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...-death-1568687


    Guys...

    He was alive when the police showed up.
    He was no saint.
    But he was alive.

    Did the drugs make him more likely to die? Possibly. But the drugs alone didn't kill him.
    At least not according to the two autopsies.

    Curious from where y'all are getting your medical opinions.
    Perhaps right wing media?

  5. #5
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Mr. Floyd was heavily drugged.
    I mean the guy was fucked up bad. There's some video of DC body cam you can find if you look. The mainstream media will not air it though because it shoots thier narrative in the ass.

    I'll see if I can find a link.

    Because you'll see the poor guy was out of his mind. Whatever he was on likely killed him.

    Here it is
    https://youtu.be/YPSwqp5fdIw

    That poor fucker was lit man.

    The left Wing media lied. And did it intentionally to exploit the tragic death of this guy.

    This had nothing to do with racists
    Nothing to do with "systemic racism"
    Nothing to do with police brutality.
    It was not "racist white cop kills innocent black man" bs they and the DNC peddled for months.

    It was the tragic death of an overdose in police custody.

    Mr. Floyd freaked out when they out him in the car, and tried to run when they took him out.

    He was heavily drugged and I'm not sure he knew what was going on. I don't know how many here have fought people who are on methamphetamine , but it's like they feel no pain. They're amazingly strong as well. You could literally knock a man's nose all the way over to the side if his face and he won't feel it. They'll just keep coming.

    That cop had no idea what he was dealing with.

    The Left Wing media buried the details to divide the country so the democrat party could ride an snger wave into power. Let's not forget they supported the BLM and antifa groups in the aftermath. And they withheld key details in order to perpetuate the lie. Then they encouraged the ensuing civil unrest based upon the lie they perpetuated.

    Kamala harris called these people "heroes" and promoted bail funds for people arrested for looting burning and beating other american citizens

    The whole thing was a charade. A manufactured lie.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-12-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    warchild and redz like this.

  6. #6
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    H, you may be confusing meth with PCP, maybe. With regard to pain (and added strength).

    I am not addressing the death or the validity of the settlement. I’m just thinking they “settled” early to protect against civil law-suits after the court case(s). OJ won his court case but was sued for 33 million 25 years ago. If the officer wins, well it turns out they made a poor decision. The fact that they paid might tell you something about the confidence of the officers getting off. Because if he does get charged, the family could demand a hell of a lot more.

    Additionally how many more cops are involved? And the family can sue for their actions as well. The family could also sue the entire dept. and everyone else involved. They potentially could make a LOT more based upon the upcoming court decisions.

    Plus they are saving on millions of dollars of potential legal fees in the future.

    At 27 million, they just might be getting off on the cheap.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    again.. in every video I've seen...
    He was alive.
    Fucked up. Hell yeah. High as a kite. But alive and kicking.

    again... both autopsies ruled homicide as the cause of death.

    I believe in science.
    And if the experts say homicide was the cause of death then I will believe them.

    I have seen many people claim he OD'ed.
    But I have seen no proof that he OD'ed.

    Perhaps someone would like to provide proof he OD'ed because he sure as hell looked like he was alive.

    And by proof I mean something scientific.. not an opinion piece from Brietbart or any mention of a Satanic cabal of lefties.

    I'll keep waiting from some proof... but I won't hold my breath.

    Now... did Derek Chauvin break the law?... I will let the courts decide.
    I am no expert on criminal law.

    But I also don't believe anyone on this forum is an expert in autospies.
    So until someone provides proof he OD'ed I am believing the experts.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 03-12-2021 at 05:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    If you resist arrest and the cops fuck you up, you've already received your just reward.

    You might beat the rap but no one beats the ride. You receive minimum damage if you cooperate, be polite (obsequious even), and get in the damn police car when they tell you to. The cop isn't there to judge you, he's there to collect you and hand you over to the people who will. Your argument is with them, not the cops, and you will only magnify your problems if you resist them.
    So it's OK for a cop to kill anyone who resists arrest?

    Say some Karen who refuses to wear a mask and won't leave a Starbucks.

    Should've the cops opened fire on every single protester at the Capitol?
    Killing thousands.

    I somehow doubt you actually believe what you wrote.

    Last I checked cops are trained to de-escalate a situation.

    Please show me in the manual where it says they can kill anyone who puts up a fight.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  9. #9
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    H, you may be confusing meth with PCP, maybe. With regard to pain (and added strength).

    I am not addressing the death or the validity of the settlement. I’m just thinking they “settled” early to protect against civil law-suits after the court case(s). OJ won his court case but was sued for 33 million 25 years ago. If the officer wins, well it turns out they made a poor decision. The fact that they paid might tell you something about the confidence of the officers getting off. Because if he does get charged, the family could demand a hell of a lot more.

    Additionally how many more cops are involved? And the family can sue for their actions as well. The family could also sue the entire dept. and everyone else involved. They potentially could make a LOT more based upon the upcoming court decisions.

    Plus they are saving on millions of dollars of potential legal fees in the future.

    At 27 million, they just might be getting off on the cheap.
    Yeah I don't know wango. Meth is like that too. PCP is ten times worse.
    All bullshit aside, I broke my right wrist putting a nose on the side of the face of a guy on PCP. He literally didn't even notice. There was no way to hurt him man. It took four guys to get him off me after he'd taken one hell of a beating from me. That stuff is scary.

    But I agree with you on the points of the settlement.

    I'm not saying the police officer doesn't have some responsibility in the death of that poor guy. But, I am saying dealing with someone who's on shit like that is alot different than a drunk or something.

    So, I ain't sure we can say it was murder.

    The lie pushed by the media in my opinion is an equally big tragedy.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-12-2021 at 05:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    It was the tragic death of an overdose in police custody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    But I ain't sure we can say it was murder.
    I am not sure it was murder either.

    But what makes you so sure it was an overdose?

    Not one person claiming it was an overdose has provided any proof that it was an overdose.

  11. #11
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Previously suppressed court documents showed the chief medical examiner, Dr. Andrew Baker, felt the fentanyl level in Floyd’s blood was “pretty high,” and could be “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances.”


    Dr. Baker also said “if Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home . . . and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death.”


    Baker, referring to Floyd’s fentanyl level of 11 ng/ml, told investigators that “deaths have been certified with levels of 3.” In another memorandum filed May 26, the Attorney’s Office said Baker concluded, “The autopsy showed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.” Floyd also tested

    A George Floyd postmortem
    redz likes this.

  12. #12
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    https://famous-trials.com/george-flo...icology-report

    Just gonna leave this here if anyone wants to look through its fairly long. Theres not much he didnt have in his system looks like, quite a list. Deadly doses i have no idea, but he definitely liked his drugs
    redz likes this.

  13. #13
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    https://famous-trials.com/george-flo...icology-report

    Just gonna leave this here if anyone wants to look through its fairly long. Theres not much he didnt have in his system looks like, quite a list. Deadly doses i have no idea, but he definitely liked his drugs
    Man, that poor guy was a dead man walking.

    Fatal levels of some drugs, bad heart disease.

    I know the situation with the police didn't help.

    But that poor fella was in a bad fuckin way for sure.
    redz likes this.

  14. #14
    Booz's Avatar
    Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    E London,no SOURCES given
    Posts
    14,890
    Would love to comment on this but would prob have to ban myself after....
    _____________________

    Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

    Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

    Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

    sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

  15. #15
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519


    Go to 21:45. The interview of Charles Bronson’s character. BTW, very first movie I saw at a drive-in, in 67 or 68, lol.

    Seems to apply in this situation. You never let someone see you do it . . . .

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Previously suppressed court documents showed the chief medical examiner, Dr. Andrew Baker, felt the fentanyl level in Floyd’s blood was “pretty high,” and could be “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances.”
    Could be fatal doesn't mean definitely is fatal. Some people would die drinking 20 shots in a day... alcoholics drink 20 shots for breakfast. The guy was a druggie. He had high tolerance.

    Dr. Baker also said “if Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home . . . and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death.”
    But he wasn't found dead in his home with no other contributing factors. He was found alive. Then later has was found dead with a policeman's knee on his neck for over 8 minutes.

    Baker, referring to Floyd’s fentanyl level of 11 ng/ml, told investigators that “deaths have been certified with levels of 3.” Again... tolerance. I can drink 2 martinis and be fine. My wife would be drunk. In another memorandum filed May 26, the Attorney’s Office said Baker concluded, “The autopsy showed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.” Floyd also tested

    A George Floyd postmortem
    No where does he say that it was an overdose.

    He gave a hypothetical...

    If he died in his house... we would assume it was an overdose.

    But he didn't die in his house. He died with a policeman's knee on his neck.

    If anyone wants to give proof that he died from an overdose I am all ears.

    The "proof" provided above is from an opinion piece.
    The two official autopsies list the cause of death as homicide.

  17. #17
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,424
    I'm going to interject another perspective here. Was George Floyd under the influence? Looks highly likely Also, he had medical issues.

    Was a knee to the neck for that duration overkill ( no pun intended)? Yes, it was. There are several other options that could have been used instead of a knee on his neck for that period of time.

    If nothing else, they could've hobbled and handcuffed him much earlier in the detention. Just my perspective which is usually easy to offer in hindsight.

    I just hope this trial brings closure to the family and doesn't set off another round of public violence.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  18. #18
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I'm going to interject another perspective here. Was George Floyd under the influence? Looks highly likely Also, he had medical issues.

    Was a knee to the neck for that duration overkill ( no pun intended)? Yes, it was. There are several other options that could have been used instead of a knee on his neck for that period of time.

    If nothing else, they could've hobbled and handcuffed him much earlier in the detention. Just my perspective which is usually easy to offer in hindsight.

    I just hope this trial brings closure to the family and doesn't set off another round of public violence.
    I agree.

    And while some people might refuse the concept of a drug overdose for political reasons, Because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to hear, and there's no way to prove it was an overdose, there's also no way to prove it wasn't. Or at least what part fatal amounts of drugs played in the man's death, alongside his encounter with the police. And there's no question that the police could've done something different than what they did. But exactly what caused mr. Floyd's death, and who is responsible?

    I just hope justice can applied fairly and the "judge by mob opinion" of the woke crowd doesn't cloud objective reasoning in the outcome.

    We all know had mr. Floyd been a different color, no publicity would be given to case and fatal amounts of drugs in his system would get fair consideration in the trial.

    It's obvious for political reasons the leftists want the man's death to blamed on something like "racism". But the truth is that mr. Floyd is responsible for his own death more than any other party involved. From his ingestion of fatal amounts of drugs, to his uncooperative actions with police, and right on down the line to being in the process of committing crimes when apprehended, poor Mr. Floyd is the most responsible party for the tragedy that occurred that day. Not racism, not police brutality, not systemic...fill in the blank bullshit.

    Mr. Floyd could have prevented it more than anyone else. That's not what liberal mobs want to hear. But it's true. The question of what caused, Mr floyd's death, the answer is quite simply: Mr floyd's actions.

    That being said, there is definitely some burden of responsibility on the police here. The fact is a man is dead, and that man died in police custody under restraint, And to me, that responsibility is what needs to be determined. Not only that, but the methods and procedures used by the officers themselves need to be questioned.

    I'm just wanting to believe the trial can be fair. But also feel like, nothing involving leftist politics is ever fair and definitely never truthful or honest And politics should not influence the application of justice.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-13-2021 at 12:25 AM.

  19. #19
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I agree.

    And while some people might refuse the concept of a drug overdose for political reasons, Because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to hear, and there's no way to prove it was an overdose, there's also no way to prove it wasn't. Or at least what part fatal amounts of drugs played in the man's death, alongside his encounter with the police. And there's no question that the police could've done something different than what they did. But exactly what caused mr. Floyd's death, and who is responsible?

    I just hope justice can applied fairly and the "judge by mob opinion" of the woke crowd doesn't cloud objective reasoning in the outcome.

    We all know had mr. Floyd been a different color, no publicity would be given to case and fatal amounts of drugs in his system would get fair consideration in the trial.

    It's obvious for political reasons the leftists want the man's death to blamed on something like "racism". But the truth is that mr. Floyd is responsible for his own death more than any other party involved. From his ingestion of fatal amounts of drugs, to his uncooperative actions with police, and right on down the line to being in the process of committing crimes when apprehended, poor Mr. Floyd is the most responsible party for the tragedy that occurred that day. Not racism, not police brutality, not systemic...fill in the blank bullshit.

    Mr. Floyd could have prevented it more than anyone else. That's not what liberal mobs want to hear. But it's true. The question of what caused, Mr floyd's death, the answer is quite simply: Mr floyd's actions.

    That being said, there is definitely some burden of responsibility on the police here. The fact is a man is dead, and that man died in police custody under restraint, And to me, that responsibility is what needs to be determined. Not only that, but the methods and procedures used by the officers themselves need to be questioned.

    I'm just wanting to believe the trial can be fair. But also feel like, nothing involving leftist politics is ever fair and definitely never truthful or honest And politics should not influence the application of justice.
    I find this post borderline despicable. Claiming that had it been a different color guy dying on camera is fucking ridiculous. And of course it’s liberals fault and mob mentality. Are you ever able to look at the other side of the coin with any issue? It’s a genuine question as you come across very one sided while claiming something else.

  20. #20
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I find this post borderline despicable. Claiming that had it been a different color guy dying on camera is fucking ridiculous. And of course it’s liberals fault and mob mentality. Are you ever able to look at the other side of the coin with any issue? It’s a genuine question as you come across very one sided while claiming something else.

    This stuff happens all the time Tarmy, police get away with murder. I honestly cannot think of one damn time that a white man was murdered by police even got national news? Can you? I sure can’t its just the way the system operates.

    You want to see a man get murdered by police click on the link. Now, reverse the role and say he was black?

    It makes me sick honestly. Did this mans family get 27 million dollars and 7 televised funerals, painted murals? Um no. Cmon man

    https://youtu.be/R49P9TuFLOQ

  21. #21
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    This stuff happens all the time Tarmy, police get away with murder.
    No disagreement there whatsoever. I do disagree with the premise that white people would not be compensated in the same regard as a person of different color in a wrongful death situation regardless of the amount of news it generates.

  22. #22
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    What has ultimately fucked Chauvin in this case is he had Floyd subdued in cuffs and never released the knee off his neck. He will get some time for that, probably 10 years and released in 5...

  23. #23
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    No disagreement there whatsoever. I do disagree with the premise that white people would not be compensated in the same regard as a person of different color in a wrongful death situation regardless of the amount of news it generates.
    I'm not insulting you, just speaking truth. If I the truth comes off as one sided in this instance, then so be it.

    I'm not saying that a white man wouldn't get wrongful death compensation. I'm saying news coverage and political value would be non existent. Joe Biden wouldn't be teary-eyed pining over a dead white man for a photo op, kamala harris wouldn't be crying with the family and calling him a "hero" while posing and preening in front of camera's with the dead man's mother. In America, that's just how it is. More specifically, it modus operandi of the democrat party. Create a problem, blow it up, then present a solution that benefits them

    It's the truth.

    Had Floyd been white, there'd have been no political value in politicizing his death, intentionally polarizing the nation, ruining thousands of lives and livelihoods, seeing dozens killed and billions in property damage. It was all very intentionally done and orchestrated. It was an election year, and the democrat party had to beat the orange menace, no matter the costs or casualties

    Cut is right, and so am I.

    It sucks, but it's true.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-13-2021 at 09:29 AM.

  24. #24
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    What has ultimately fucked Chauvin in this case is he had Floyd subdued in cuffs and never released the knee off his neck. He will get some time for that, probably 10 years and released in 5...
    Exactly. It's like applying a choke hold, cuffing him, and continuing to apply the hold. Totally unnecessary.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  25. #25
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I don't care if you don't like it tar. I'm not insulting you, just speaking truth. It's unfortunate truth offends you.
    I am not insulted or offended, I find it weird that you interpret it that way instead of asking questions. Just imagine how much more you learn that way! I find it, honestly, entertaining that you think you speak “truth”? What does that even mean in a case like this? If this was math I can see it but this? Not sure why you are so obtuse?

  26. #26
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I am not insulted or offended, I find it weird that you interpret it that way instead of asking questions. Just imagine how much more you learn that way! I find it, honestly, entertaining that you think you speak “truth”? What does that even mean in a case like this? If this was math I can see it but this? Not sure why you are so obtuse?
    I actually edited it since then because when I re read it, it seemed offensive.

    I call it the way I see it.

    And as far as Truth, and what does it mean in this situation? Well I think that's sort of self explanatory.

    I admit that I can come off as insensitive. At least in writing. I appreciate your patience and understanding in the matter. I mean no offense most of the time.

    But, the truth of what I said, amusing or not to you, it's still true.

  27. #27
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Exactly. It's like applying a choke hold, cuffing him, and continuing to apply the hold. Totally unnecessary.
    I agree with the simplicity of that.

    Now allow me to add some complexity that is a part of this situation. I wonder if anyone here suffers from cardiovascular disease? How about hypertension? Perhaps hypertension leading to heart disease? Anyone here take “illegal drugs”? Anyone here take multiple “illegal drugs” simultaneously? Do any of the “illegal drugs” negatively effect possible cardiovascular or hypertension issues, perhaps to the point of needing medical care? Do any cause a shortness of breath?

    Now perhaps in “a tren state of mind” lol, you shoot off your mouth to a police officer. Perhaps you were a tad “agitated” (though I’m sure nobody here has ever had an “altercation” with the police). Let’s say it was deemed necessary that you needed to be arrested and cuffed and although still subdued by multiple police you writhed on the ground, but honestly did not pose bodily threat at that time. Would you really need to be slowly tortured to death by having your neck knelt upon for 8+ minutes? What did you die from? Was it the heart disease and “illegal drugs”? But still, was it necessary that you were put in the situation where your self inflicted heart disease, drug usage and “agitation” required you to die at that time?

    All of the politicians doing their weeping and posturing is damage control. Just like the 27 million. This was an f-up of epic proportions made visible to the entire world. Of course not everyone agrees with its necessity, but to some, it needs to be done for PR sake.

  28. #28
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I agree with the simplicity of that.

    Now allow me to add some complexity that is a part of this situation. I wonder if anyone here suffers from cardiovascular disease? How about hypertension? Perhaps hypertension leading to heart disease? Anyone here take “illegal drugs”? Anyone here take multiple “illegal drugs” simultaneously? Do any of the “illegal drugs” negatively effect possible cardiovascular or hypertension issues, perhaps to the point of needing medical care? Do any cause a shortness of breath?

    Now perhaps in “a tren state of mind” lol, you shoot off your mouth to a police officer. Perhaps you were a tad “agitated” (though I’m sure nobody here has ever had an “altercation” with the police). Let’s say it was deemed necessary that you needed to be arrested and cuffed and although still subdued by multiple police you writhed on the ground, but honestly did not pose bodily threat at that time. Would you really need to be slowly tortured to death by having your neck knelt upon for 8+ minutes? What did you die from? Was it the heart disease and “illegal drugs”? But still, was it necessary that you were put in the situation where your self inflicted heart disease, drug usage and “agitation” required you to die at that time?

    All of the politicians doing their weeping and posturing is damage control. Just like the 27 million. This was an f-up of epic proportions made visible to the entire world. Of course not everyone agrees with its necessity, but to some, it needs to be done for PR sake.
    I agree with most of what you said Wango. As far as the police.

    But honest and intelligent leadership wouldn't sow division, take sides or promote rioting looting and violence as retribution for a tragedy. They'd instead call it a terrible tragedy, and remind Americans that such tragedy is not typical and that now more than ever we shouldn't blame eachother.

    Instead they did the opposite

    The posing and preening kamala harris did was in no way to bring unity. It was to portray an "us vs them" scenario and show which side she stood on.

    A teary eyed fake shell of a man called Joe biden, weeping amd apologizing for being a white man was in no way to bring healing and unity. It was to portray himself the good guy and pass blame onto others.

    Thats not honest, intelligent leadership. Its not the lion leading the pride. It's a snake in the grass sneaking into the den.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-13-2021 at 10:54 AM.

  29. #29
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I agree with most of what you said Wango. As far as the police.

    But honest and intelligent leadership wouldn't sow division, take sides or promote rioting looting and violence as retribution for a tragedy. They'd instead call it a terrible tragedy, and remind Americans that such tragedy is not typical and that now more than ever we shouldn't blame eachother.

    Instead they did the opposite

    The posing and preening kamala harris did was in no way to bring unity. It was to portray an "us vs them" scenario and show which side she stood on.

    A teary eyed fake shell of a man called Joe biden, weeping amd apologizing for being a white man was in no way to bring healing and unity. It was to portray himself the good guy and pass blame onto others.

    Thats not honest, intelligent leadership. Its not the lion leading the pride. It's a snake in the grass sneaking into the den.
    I didn’t say nor mean unity, nor did I say sincerity/honesty. I truly meant that it’s a “show” or appearance of contrition. To me I take it only at face value. As in, hey there was a f-up here I’m really, really, really sorry. Here watch me tear up, see how sorry I really am?

    It’s a friggin show and an expensive one at that, that in many peoples eyes, did not need to happen.

    I hear what you are saying loud and clear and don’t like it either. You and I see actually see eye to eye in a lot of matters. I’m glad we can discuss stuff like this.
    Hughinn likes this.

  30. #30
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    This stuff happens all the time Tarmy, police get away with murder. I honestly cannot think of one damn time that a white man was murdered by police even got national news? Can you? I sure can’t its just the way the system operates.

    You want to see a man get murdered by police click on the link. Now, reverse the role and say he was black?

    It makes me sick honestly. Did this mans family get 27 million dollars and 7 televised funerals, painted murals? Um no. Cmon man

    https://youtu.be/R49P9TuFLOQ
    Not causing an argument here Cuz and I understand where you are coming from, but I just had to ad this.

    Was just reading an article in the times about the settlement. In the second paragraph it mentioned that the city paid the family of a white woman killed by police 20 million, 2 years earlier.

    Yeah totally agreed about the murals and his martyr status; makes me ill.

  31. #31
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Not causing an argument here Cuz and I understand where you are coming from, but I just had to ad this.

    Was just reading an article in the times about the settlement. In the second paragraph it mentioned that the city paid the family of a white woman killed by police 20 million, 2 years earlier.

    Yeah totally agreed about the murals and his martyr status; makes me ill.
    Do you know why the liberal journalist included that? Because they knew conservatives would bitch about the amount that was awarded so they thought, oh we have to have some backup lets add in to the article “a woman” who noone had ever heard of cant pronounce her name. She was also shot, and it was a female, so yeah kinda looks bad on cops for shooting a woman unless of course she was picking the officers off one by one which i doubt but anyway very good point Wango i adhere
    Last edited by Cuz; 03-13-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    wango likes this.

  32. #32
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Do you know why the liberal journalist included that? Because they knew conservatives would bitch about the amount that was awarded so they thought, oh we have to have some backup lets add in to the article “a woman” who noone had ever heard of cant pronounce her name. She was also shot, and it was a female, so yeah kinda looks bad on cops for shooting a woman unless of course she was picking the officers off one by one which i doubt but anyway very good point Wango i adhere
    TY Cuz. You know I never thought of the addition of that fact in that way, but you are dead-on correct; nice one.
    Cuz likes this.

  33. #33
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602
    Defense Attorney Predicts Chauvin Will Be Acquitted After Jurors Learn George Floyd Died Of Fentanyl Overdose

    A defense attorney predicts Derek Chauvin will be acquitted after jurors learn George Floyd died of a lethal combination of methamphetamine and fentanyl.

    ... “If you look at more of the video, [Floyd] was talking about how he couldn’t breathe… Right when he’s getting out of the car, and they’re trying to get him into the police car, he’s complaining he can’t breathe,” said Woodson. “That’s one of the signs of fentanyl overdose. The toxicology report has now come out, where he had 3 times the level of fentanyl needed to kill a human being, that and methamphetamine.”

    The Minneapolis medical examiner found Floyd had a toxic amount of fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system, which almost certainly would have resulted in his death regardless of any actions by police. Still, Chauvin became nationally despised after video of him kneeling on Floyd’s back and neck went viral online.

    “It’s interesting because if you look at Minneapolis and their manual, he was following textbook, exactly how they’re trained,” said Woodson. Peters, who spent years apprehending dangerous fugitives in partnership with law enforcement in Minneapolis, elaborated on the tactics used by Chauvin.

    This is part of Minneapolis procedures, use of force training, it’s in their policy. This is a lateral neck restraint, commonly referred to as an LNR, LVNR, or VNR, a lateral vascular neck restraint, which in this case was more of just a straight vascular neck restraint,” Peters explained. “It restricts blood flow to the brain, but does not commonly result in death. As a matter of fact, there are no cases where it’s proven that this restraint has caused any death.”

    Woodson suggested that once a jury, unable to be reached by sensationalist media reports and confronted with the solid facts surrounding Floyd’s death, may be shocked to learn how normal the arrest would have been if not for Floyd’s drug use.

    “The facts have not come out. I think once a jury hears the facts of the case, because think about this,” Woodson began, “If he died as the result of an overdose, in fact it was said, the ME in Minneapolis had said, if they had found him, let’s say at his home, and they found him dead, they would have declared he died of an overdose.”

    “Again, he had enough fentanyl – just the fentanyl – in his system to kill three human beings.”

    In fact, Floyd had ingested a chemical cocktail of both fentanyl and methamphetamine that almost certainly would have resulted in death, barring immediate medical intervention.

    Woodson went on to suggest that the Minneapolis prosecutors likely felt political pressure from the media and local elected officials to “over charge” in the case, regardless of the reality of Floyd’s death.

    “With these very high profile cases, where you see, a lot of times the prosecution will over charge, because they have to politically,” said Woodson. “This whole country changed because of, supposedly, because of George Floyd. The whole country.”

    We’ve gone through this whole metamorphosis now, where we’re embroiled in the French Revolution.” Woodson elaborated, “If the premise of this, ie the murder of George Floyd, isn’t a murder, and it is an actual overdose, then you’ve got that whole narrative now flipped, and we’ve got to question, now, the last year.”

  34. #34
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,755
    Blog Entries
    162
    And the master of CTRL-C/CTRL-V strikes again. I predict you will continue to spread racist propaganda (just read that article and the following comments on it and draw any other conclusion) until the end of your life which I predict no one will remember which is my educated guess and opinion.

  35. #35
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    And the master of CTRL-C/CTRL-V strikes again. I predict you will continue to spread racist propaganda (just read that article and the following comments on it and draw any other conclusion) until the end of your life which I predict no one will remember which is my educated guess and opinion.
    Accusing everyone who disagrees with you of some sort of ...isms is getting old bro.
    While I respect your opinions and appreciate your civility in contrast to others who almost always resort to slinging insults and name calling, you still disregard anything that doesn't reaffirm your opinions as some kind of ...ism.

    Why can't we just discuss the case without one of y'all howling "racist" or "sexist" or homophobe or something like that. Just once.

    It's an article discussing the evidence of the case. There's nothing racist there.

    It is a tragic situation, one that is sure to ignite some tension no matter which way it goes.

    We should all try to stay objective
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-14-2021 at 11:09 AM.

  36. #36
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Accusing everyone who disagrees with you of some sort of ...isms is getting old bro.
    While I respect your opinions and appreciate your civility in contrast to others who almost always resort to slinging insults and name calling, you still disregard anything that doesn't reaffirm your opinions as some kind of ...ism.

    Why can't we just discuss the case without one of y'all howling "racist" or "sexist" or homophobe or something like that. Just once.

    It's an article discussing the evidence of the case. There's nothing racist there.

    It is a tragic situation, one that is sure to ignite some tension no matter which way it goes.

    We should all try to stay objective
    H, tarmyg also mentioned the comments that followed the article. You have to keep scrolling to the end. Some of the comments do come off as racist to some. Tarmyg also did not say beetle was racist, but was spreading racist propaganda, which honestly, I do agree with at times. But, as I may not always respect beetle’s opinions or choices of articles or videos (or anyone else’s), I respect their right to do so. But it’s also within other’s rights to call him or others out on it.

  37. #37
    Hughinn is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    H, tarmyg also mentioned the comments that followed the article. You have to keep scrolling to the end. Some of the comments do come off as racist to some. Tarmyg also did not say beetle was racist, but was spreading racist propaganda, which honestly, I do agree with at times. But, as I may not always respect beetle’s opinions or choices of articles or videos (or anyone else’s), I respect their right to do so. But it’s also within other’s rights to call him or others out on it.
    I appreciate the explanation wango, and you're right, people have the right to call it out if they see it.

    I went back and looked at the comments and seen some of the meat head bullshit you were talking about.

    But I didn't see anything inappropriate in the article. And the moderators here are on the ball, if someone was to post "racist propaganda" they'd strike it down pretty quickly.

    I understand where you're coming from, and always like to read your opinions.

    I just wish we could occasionally have a discussion without someone throwing out all the same old ...isms and ....ists over and over again. Thats all.
    wango likes this.

  38. #38
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I appreciate the explanation wango, and you're right, people have the right to call it out if they see it.

    I went back and looked at the comments and seen some of the meat head bullshit you were talking about.

    But I didn't see anything inappropriate in the article. And the moderators here are on the ball, if someone was to post "racist propaganda" they'd strike it down pretty quickly.

    I understand where you're coming from, and always like to read your opinions.

    I just wish we could occasionally have a discussion without someone throwing out all the same old ...isms and ....ists over and over again. Thats all.
    Totally agreed about the article and yeah, knuckleheaded comments.

    I think we’re all guilty of our biases.
    Last edited by wango; 03-14-2021 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Wasn’t really funny

  39. #39
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,602
    If you don't like what I post, you have my permission to put me on your ignore list.

    It won't hurt my feelings in the least.
    Cuz, wango and Hughinn like this.

  40. #40
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    If you don't like what I post, you have my permission to put me on your ignore list.

    It won't hurt my feelings in the least.
    And on another matter, why didn’t the “dirty dozen” reference get at least one like? I mean, I thought it was timely, related to our thread and dammit, it’s just a great movie!
    Hughinn likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •