• 3 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Runner Shelby Houlihan banned 4 years after testing positive for nandrolone...

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Runner Shelby Houlihan banned 4 years after testing positive for nandrolone...

Runner Shelby Houlihan banned 4 years after testing positive for anabolic steroid , blames burrito

Distance runner Shelby Houlihan was banned from the sport for four years after testing positive for an anabolic steroid, and she’s blaming a burrito.

Houlihan, who is the current national champion and record-holder at both the 1,500-meter and 5,000-meter runs, wrote on Instagram on Monday that she had been banned for four years after testing positive for nandrolone , an anabolic steroid.

The “most likely explanation” for the positive test, she said, was a “burrito purchased and consumed approximately 10 hours before that drug test from an authentic Mexican food truck.”

Shelby Houlihan: 'I feel completely devastated'
    Houlihan said she was initially banned by the Athletics Integrity Unit, and that she appealed the ruling to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. She was told Friday that, even though nandrolone has previously been found in pork, that it didn’t accept her appeal.

“I feel completely devastated, lost, broken, angry, confused and betrayed by the very sport that I’ve loved and poured myself into just to see how good I was,” Houlihan wrote, in part.

“I want to be very clear. I have never taken any performance enhancing substances. And that includes that of which I am being accused. I believe in the sport and pushing your body to the limit just to see where the limit is. I’m not interested in cheating. I don’t do this for the accolades, money, or for people to know my name. I do this because I love it. I have so much fun doing it and it’s always the best part of my day.”

Houlihan also said that she passed a polygraph test and sent a sample of her hair to “the world’s foremost toxicologists.”

Though her excuse sounds ridiculous on its face — she is blaming a burrito, after all — Houlihan said that the levels of the steroid found in her system were consistent with subjects in studies who have eaten the same source of meat that she did before the test, and not that of someone who was taking it regularly.

“[The World Anti-Doping Agency] agreed that test proved that there was no build up of this substance in my body, which there would have been if I were taking it regularly,” she wrote, in part. “Nothing moved the lab from their initial snap decision. Instead, they simply concluded that I was a cheater and that a steroid was ingested orally, but not regularly. I believe my explanation fits the facts much better- because it’s true. I also believe it was dismissed without proper due process.”

Houlihan, 28, competed in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, her first Games. She was widely considered a favorite to contend for a medal at the Tokyo Olympics next month, too. The Iowa native set the American 5,000-meter record last year when she finished in just 14:23.92, and claimed the 1,500-meter record at the world championship in Qatar in 2019.

Nandrolone??? I almost want to believe she's telling the truth...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Will be interesting to see how this works out. Particularly if the hair test comes back negative.
    Test Monsterone likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Canelo Alvarez said he tested positive for clen because of meat from Mexico

However, what dedicated athlete in their right mind before such a critical blood test, would eat something they are not familiar with. Oh, let’s stop at this hotdog stand with the dude with no teeth on the corner; I don’t want to go to the test on an empty stomach. I should also take these vitamins I’ve ever tried as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    eating before a blood test is normal. them being a dedicated athlete has nothing to do with them taking a blood test.

the vitamin thing is different then eating.

no way the girl can be blamed for eating.

but as AG said, the hair test will tell all

The point being is that a world champion boxer claimed he tested positive from Mexican meat.

Yeah get, it vitamins are different. However, how many athletes claimed they’ve tested positive from a supplement.

If you are getting tested knowing the olympics are right around the corner, use better judgement in where your food is coming from ffs.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Read about this earlier today. The 4-year ban is excessive IMO. A great example of not having a cheat day meal, but maybe pork needs to be in my diet more.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    So they detected no build-up, but still called her a cheater and caused her to be banned for 4 years? She should sue the fvuk out of the World Doping Agency and the governing sports bodies that are enforcing this ban.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Read about this earlier today. The 4-year ban is excessive IMO. A great example of not having a cheat day meal, but maybe pork needs to be in my diet more.
    Pork: The poor man's deca .

You know stories like these really tell me that the FDA needs to actually do their job and regulate the meat producers. We buy these foods under the impression that the FDA prevents them from putting contaminants in it. But here, they're injecting nandrolone (and God knows what else) in to the pigs.

And people wonder why men's natural test levels are dropping worldwide?
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 06-15-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I just don’t think she would take nandrolone , one of the longest detectable steroids . Unless the steroids were somehow mixed up.

I also think a 4 year ban is excessive. For athletes like her, that’s a career finishing move. They have to understand these people put everything into their sport, and to take it from them like that, just isn’t fair IMO. 1-2 years, ok. They probably want to dissuade others from even trying it, but damn.
    Ernst, almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Pork: The poor man's deca .

You know stories like these really tell me that the FDA needs to actually do their job and regulate the meat producers. We buy these foods under the impression that the FDA prevents them from putting contaminants in it. But here, they're injecting nandrolone (and God knows what else) in to the pigs.

And people wonder why men's natural test levels are dropping worldwide?
    Dude the FDA had officially declared red meat as a cause of colon cancer. Of course meat is loaded with chemicals. And if it was from an “authentic Mexican food truck”, like that is better and more trusted?

Look, could there be some truth to her story, sure. Was the ban excessive, maybe (it’s more to clean up an event that really can’t be cleaned up). However she was training for this the past 5 years. It was arguably one of the most important blood tests of her entire life. Next time get free range/grass fed meat from a store you’ve trusted. Utterly stupid on her part and she has now bought the most expensive burritos that money can buy.
    Last edited by wango; 06-16-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Next cycle, 30lb of pork meat. Done!!!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Dude the FDA had officially declared red meat as a cause of colon cancer. Of course meat is loaded with chemicals. And if it was from an “authentic Mexican food truck”, like that is better and more trusted?

Look, could there be some truth to her story, sure. Was the ban excessive, maybe (it’s more to clean up an event that really can’t be cleaned up). However she was training for this the past 5 years. It was arguably one of the most important blood tests of her entire life. Next time get free range/grass fed meat from a store you’ve trusted. Utterly stupid on her part and she has now bought the most expensive burritos that money can buy.
    Honestly, I wouldn't have considered the danger of it because my first thought would be...ok I've not seen a C-17AA version of Deca and secondly, I wouldn't have even thought consumption of one burrito from the food truck would be enough to even accumulate to trigger a positive test. Now maybe chronic consumption over a period of time then yeah, possibly so.....
    ....BUT...I imagine WADA. probably has ridiculously low trigger levels, so maybe it isn't a false positive.

It just seems so odd. IF I ate pork, I honestly wouldn't blink or think twice about consuming some carnitas or whatever.

I actually hope she is exonerated by a hair test because I can't see the performance edge gained by 1 plate of carnitas, ropa vieja or whatever. Now, if her hair test comes back and there's a high level of nandrolone metabolites then it's case closed.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't have considered the danger of it because my first thought would be...ok I've not seen a C-17AA version of Deca and secondly, I wouldn't have even thought consumption of one burrito from the food truck would be enough to even accumulate to trigger a positive test. Now maybe chronic consumption over a period of time then yeah, possibly so.....
    ....BUT...I imagine WADA. probably has ridiculously low trigger levels, so maybe it isn't a false positive.

It just seems so odd. IF I ate pork, I honestly wouldn't blink or think twice about consuming some carnitas or whatever.

I actually hope she is exonerated by a hair test because I can't see the performance edge gained by 1 plate of carnitas, ropa vieja or whatever. Now, if her hair test comes back and there's a high level of nandrolone metabolites then it's case closed.
    The other thing I find strange is, she is months from the Olympics. Are you not a fine tuned machine at that stage? Are you not overly cautious of everything you do, everything you eat? Great a food truck. Now? What if she was exposed to food poisoning that interfered with her training. At this stage that could be critical.

Also want to know who ordered the polygraph and who performed it (though polygraphs are not 100% reliable)? Also who ordered the hair test? Who plucked the hair, who chose the lab?

I’m not unsympathetic, but the story is a little fishy to me.

Also, even though I rarely consume pork ( occasionally a pepperoni pizza), I dang sure wouldn't eat a burrito made from hog offal.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...s-social-media

We concluded that the most likely explanation was a burrito purchased and consumed approximately 10 hours before that drug test from an authentic Mexican food truck that serves pig offal near my house in Beaverton, Oregon," Houlihan wrote. "I notified the AIU that I believed this was the source."
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Also, even though I rarely consume pork ( occasionally a pepperoni pizza), I dang sure wouldn't eat a burrito made from hog offal.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...s-social-media

We concluded that the most likely explanation was a burrito purchased and consumed approximately 10 hours before that drug test from an authentic Mexican food truck that serves pig offal near my house in Beaverton, Oregon," Houlihan wrote. "I notified the AIU that I believed this was the source."
    Agreed. We eliminated pork from our diets a couple of years back, but I will cheat with bacon occasionally.

TY for the articles.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Lol the FDA determined meat caused colon cancer lmfao godamnit i needed that laugh wango thank you
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Lol the FDA determined meat caused colon cancer lmfao godamnit i needed that laugh wango thank you
    I think I’m wrong, it could be only the WHO that declared that, apologies. However you youngsters should find this hilarious. Because colon cancer is getting more prevalent in younger populations, the old standard of waiting till you are 50 y.o. before getting your first colonoscopy may be dropped to 45 y.o.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I think I’m wrong, it could be only the WHO that declared that, apologies. However you youngsters should find this hilarious. Because colon cancer is getting more prevalent in younger populations, the old standard of waiting till you are 50 y.o. before getting your first colonoscopy may be dropped to 45 y.o.
    Im getting mine when i hit 40
    wango likes this.

They should put you to sleep during the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    They do indeed put you in a "twilight state". But for me that was out like a light.

The worst part of a colonoscopy is just dreading it. Seriously, yeah, you have to spend a day "cleaning yourself out", but it's one day. That really ain't jack. Spend a day with Netflix and a bidet, you'll be fine. And yes you can use a squirt bottle or water gun if you don't have a bidet.
    LOL, my body totally rejects twilight sedation.

For that totally clean feeling after preparation for a colonoscopy , once you've finished pissing out your butthole, blast it with a water pick and then pat with a nice soft powder puff! It really compliments the nice, shiny colon.
    tarmyg and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post

I'm not doing ANY of that, but if someone decides they should, I recommend going ahead and getting out the turtle wax and a good, micro-sized buffer and finishing the job right!

Edit: how the fack we ended up here from 'runner banned by burrito' I have no clue.
    That one was on me. Contaminated meat with chemicals (steroids ) also leading to colon cancer and now earlier colonoscopies.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Canelo Alvarez said he tested positive for clen because of meat from Mexico

However, what dedicated athlete in their right mind before such a critical blood test, would eat something they are not familiar with. Oh, let’s stop at this hotdog stand with the dude with no teeth on the corner; I don’t want to go to the test on an empty stomach. I should also take these vitamins I’ve ever tried as well.
    This is common. Occured in China but the people that ate the meat died due to the content level. It happens and is real.

Five sentenced for tainting pork | Industries | chinadaily.com.cn

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    É incrível como que em todas os esportes os esteroides tem seu lugar .

Thread Information