davimeireles is online now Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

Secret but real history of the military invasion of Roraima

Before you start reading, know that these are true facts of an attempted invasion of Roraima in 1993, this is an article from a website that tells about the Brazilian army's operation Surumu, where the Brazilian army placed more than 5.000 soldiers quickly when they found out that Americans and British soldiers were invading the Amazon rainforest in Roraima with the aim of separating an indigenous reserve from Brazil where the first nation of Indians would be born. Then, below is what happened in 1993 that was hidden from everyone, including Brazilian citizens.....Many believed that the surumu operation was just training for the Brazilian army, as the Brazilian government wanted to hide this attempted invasion of all Brazilian citizens . .

At a time when there is so much talk about international greed about the Amazon, about the action of NGOs of all kinds acting freely in the North region, about foreigners selling pieces of our forest, about the trouble that is being the ratification of Raposa/Serra do Sol, of Indians against Indians, of Indians against non-Indians, of the actions or omissions of Funai, of the discontent of the Armed Forces with reference to the political directions that are being given to this almost depopulated but extremely important part of the nation's borders, it is more than necessary talk about who knows, who knows, who experiences or who has some important information.

Therefore, to be recorded and very well understood, I will tell an event of great importance, especially for Roraima, and of which I am an eyewitness of History.

The year was 1993 – therefore, it has been 15 years. It was Itamar Franco's government and pressure from some national sectors and several international ones, for the ratification of Raposa/Serra do Sol, was strong and at its height. It was taken for granted that Itamar would sign the approval.
    purse of
    At that time, I was a pilot for the company Purse of
    DIAMONDS, which sent buyers of precious stones to Uiramutã, Água Fria, Mutum and neighboring areas every fortnight.

On September 8, 1993, around 5:00 pm, we arrived in Uiramutã, and found the population in an unusual agitation, literally terrified. It was said everywhere that Uiramutã was going to be invaded, that there were many “American” soldiers already coming towards the locality.

The commotion of the people, the agitation, the suffocation were so great that it contaminated me, and I immediately went to speak with the PM sergeant who commanded the very small detachment of only four soldiers, to find out if he was aware of the rumors that were circulating, and he answered me who knew about the talk. He then told me that the pilot DONÉ (nickname of Dionízio Coelho de Araújo), had passed through Uiramutã with his Cessna PT-BMR plane, coming from the ORINDUIKE waterfall, on the Brazilian side, (which Brazilians mistakenly call Orinduque), telling for several people, that there was a huge camp, with many soldiers on the esplanade on the Guyana side, on the bank of the Maú River, our border with that country.

I raised the need for the sergeant, the local police authority, to go and see what was actually there and spoke to the owner of the company, who reluctantly and fearfully agreed to lend the sergeant the plane. As, however, the sun was already declining on the horizon, we arranged the flight for the following morning.

Very early, the pilot Doné and his passengers, who had gone to spend the night in the SOCÓ maloca, landed in Uiramutã. I met him on this occasion, and was able to hear an account of him. Summing up a lot, he said that in Guyana there was a large military camp and that a troop plane was bringing more soldiers there.

We were at the police station's door when an Army Toyota arrived, with a captain, a sergeant and soldiers, coming from BV 8. . BV 8 is an old border mark between Brazil and Venezuela, where there is an Army detachment, in the city of Pacaraima. Very interested and intrigued by the fact, he decided to go with us on this flight.

The captain brought a good camera and I lent mine to the sergeant. The flight was short, just six minutes. We were so lucky that we found a troop transport plane, dropping a new wave of soldiers on the Guyanese side. Flying to and fro, only on the Brazilian side, the military photographed everything, and the captain calculated by the number of tents, about 600 men, until that moment.

I made several comings and goings and, in one of them, I saw the troop transport taking off and turning to the left. I exclaimed to the captain: they're coming at us! How do you know? He asked. They turned to the left, which is the side of Brazil and not Guyana, I replied. I immediately turned the bow towards Uiramutã and, when leveling the plane, the captain said to me very seriously: we are in their firing line! It was then that, looking to the right, I saw a short distance away and, at the side door of the transport, a white soldier, with a rifle in his hand.

I confess that it was a big scare! My heart seemed to beat twice and miss one. Anyone who knows the region knows that there, in that part, the Maú is a very winding river. I put the plane zig-zag in these meanders, hoping to get to Uiramutã. If they fired, we don't know, but after landing, there were a lot of people on the runway, which is close to the houses. Agitated, they said that the plane had turned twice over us and the city, heading for Lethen, in Guyana, where there is a paved runway, opposite Bomfim, a Brazilian city on the border.

With this fact, the population was even more distressed, in the certainty that the invasion was imminent. The captain ordered the sergeant and me to make a detailed report immediately, to be sent to the command of the PM, in Boa Vista, and he hurried back to the border platoon in BV 8.

At the police station, the sergeant removed the film from my camera, to send it to his command, and I typed a complete report that he put in code and transmitted via radio to Boa Vista. At that time, the head of the S2 of the PM (Intelligence Section) was Major Borneo.

About four days after I arrived from this diamond shopping tour, my home doorbell rang, an Army major. He introduced himself and asked me to read a paper, which was none other than the one I had typed in Uiramutã and of which the PM command had sent a copy to the Army command in Boa Vista. After reading and confirming that it was, he asked me to sign, which I did. I realized that I had witnessed something big, bigger than I could have imagined, and so I asked the major to tell me what was happening, since part of it I already knew. He agreed to tell, as long as I understood well that this was absolutely classified and national security information. I agreed.

The major said that the Brazilian embassy in Georgetown had informed Itamarati that two warships, one British and one American, had anchored far from the port, and that large troop transport helicopters were flying continuously to the continent, without that it had been possible to determine where they were going and why.

Guyanese caboclos (acculturated Indians) had told Brazilian caboclos in Bonfim, the city of Roraima on the border, that the Americans had set up a military base just behind the great Cuano-Cuano mountain range, which, being very high and close, is perfectly visible from the city. . The Brazilian Army acted promptly, and infiltrated two majors across the border, and from the top of that mountain, for two days, they filmed and photographed everything. Now, with the events that took place in Orinduike, near Uiramutã, our northern border, the understanding of what was happening was closed.

And what was going on? International pressures for the demarcation of Raposa/Serra do Sol were pressing, in the certainty that President Itamar Franco would sign the decree. Then, the UN, in response to the “persistent requests of the indigenous peoples of Roraima”, would determine the creation of an indigenous enclave under its tutelage, and there the first indigenous nation in the world would be born. Those American and British troops were to militarily guarantee the possession of the area and the “new nation”.

Even the capital had already been chosen: it would be the maloca da Raposa, strategically located on the side of the highway that crosses the entire region from East to West, and geographically and perfectly divides the region of the mountains from that of the roraimenses - which are the natural and savannah fields. .

Itamar Franco – I suppose – must have been alerted to the size of the military trouble that would come, and the fact is that he never signed the demarcation.

On that same occasion (to remember: it was the beginning of September 1993), the periodical and joint exercise of the national Armed Forces was at the end of preparations, in the city of Ourinhos, on the banks of the Paranapanema River, close to Sta. Cruz do Rio Pardo and Assis, in São Paulo, and Cambará and Jacarezinho, in Paraná.

With the alarming news coming from Roraima, the High Command of the Armed Forces changed its planning, which was renamed “OPERAÇÃO SURUMU” and, as everything was already in gear, sent the troops to Roraima. That's how, from the dawn of September 27, 1993, two VARIG planes, for several days, Búfalos, Hércules and Bandeirantes dumped troops in Roraima. Not all military aircraft could fit inside the Air Base, the airport's civil courtyard was filled with military aircraft. The fighters and many Toucans also arrived. Anti-aircraft artillery came, located on the outskirts of Surumu, and a warning was even issued to all civilian pilots about areas in which overflight was prohibited, under the risk of being shot down.

Having as Head of the Military Command of the Amazon (CMA), Army General José Sampaio Maia – former commander of CIGS in Manaus, and as arbiter of Operation Surumu, Brigadier General Luíz Alberto Fragoso Peret Antunes (General Peret), the The Maú, Uailã and Urariquera rivers swarmed with “voadeiras” full of soldiers. Fighter planes made dozens of low-flying flights over the northern borders. The Army also participated with its helicopter aviation, which had 350 men from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd squadrons, bringing 15 Panthers (HM-1) and 4 Squirrels, which made a total of 750 hours of flight. About 150 military paratroopers and people trained in jungle warfare also came. The Navy and Air Force contributed an undeclared number of men, ships and aircraft.

Thus, since Itamar Franco had not signed the decree for the demarcation of Raposa/Serra do Sol, and these military forces had come to demonstrate that the entry of American and British soldiers into Roraima would not be without great casualties, “melted” and cooled the international intention to seize this part of the Amazon, but they did not give up.

Much disappointing, although the international political context was different, Lula made the ratification of this indigenous area, which was contested by documents in the Supreme Court and even tried, in the absence of a judicial decision, to remove “by force” the farmers and rice growers (“rice farmers”). of this area, which as many people know – including those who are against it – has regularly documented properties with more than 100 years of public deed and registration, at a time when Roraima did not even exist, and the lands belonged to the Amazon. Now, however, the diffuse and strange interests of many NGOs, say on the internet, that these landowners are “invaders”, when even the former body prior to INCRA, demarcated and titled areas in this region, and that FUNAI, called to manifest itself if, said in writing, that he had no interest in the lands and that in them,

The NGOs continue to exert pressure, and it is important not to be careless, because there is no indication that they will give up on getting these lands “for the Indians”, and for free, taking more than 1.7 million hectares – almost the size of Sergipe – all more than they have: gold, immense deposits of diamonds, corundum, intense blue sapphire, black tourmaline, topaz, rutile, niobium, uranium, manganese, limestone, petroleum, apart from the vastness of the flat lands, suitable for farming, an area almost same size where Mato Grosso plants soy that made its wealth.

This is what we already know, because part of it was disclosed in a survey by CPRM – Cia. of Mineral Resources Research, in August 1988 (begun in 1983), called the Maú Project, which qualifies this part of Raposa/Serra do Sol as one of the richest in diamonds in Brazil, being the most extensive alluvial deposit in Roraima , much superior to Quinô, Suapi, Cotingo, Uailã and Cabo Sobral. This research was initially conducted by the geologist João Orestes Schneider Santos and, later, by the geologist, Raimundo de Jesus Gato D'Antona, who went until the end of the project, noting the possibility of the existence of up to more than 3 million carats of diamonds. and 600 kg of gold. Just check the price of gold and diamonds, to know what those ravines on the Mau River are worth, just in a small stretch.

The “disgrace” of Roraima is being internationally known in geology, as the largest Mineral Province ever discovered on the planet. Nothing less than that!

And what do we still not know? This research, carried out in little more than 100 kilometers of the river bank, cubed and attested to the immense diamond richness of the area. However, the State of Roraima still has corundum, manganese, limestone and uranium, in addition to more than 2 million and 100 thousand hectares of flat arable land, better than those where soybeans are planted in Mato Grosso.

By Izidro Simões
    Last edited by davimeireles; 06-18-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Thread Information