• 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Governments quitting

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member

Governments quitting

I've seen on websites that many countries their government is disbanding or leaders are resigning..
    I believe France, Sri Lanka, Israel, I want to say Afghanistan or Pakistan.
    will this happen to America?
    Will we face food and fuel shortages like Sri Lanka?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    CIGS -JUNGLE likes this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    America is Dead, has been for decades.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    Ha Ha Ha...!!!

People have been sounding the death knell on the good ol'USA now for roughly 100 yrs (post WW I / Wall Street crash of 29, etc...)...

I wouldn't be so quick to count us out; not by a longshot. The nation is so inherently wealthy, that it is going to take something really major to bring us down. I can't remember who said it, but they said something along the lines of, If the nation falls, she will collapse from within, not from without... There must be more than a grain of truth to that.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Ha Ha Ha...!!!

People have been sounding the death knell on the good ol'USA now for roughly 100 yrs (post WW I / Wall Street crash of 29, etc...)...

I wouldn't be so quick to count us out; not by a longshot. The nation is so inherently wealthy, that it is going to take something really major to bring us down. I can't remember who said it, but they said something along the lines of, If the nation falls, she will collapse from within, not from without... There must be more than a grain of truth to that.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Ha Ha Ha...!!!

30 trillion in deat is not wealthy, the debt is our doom and it all crashes soon. That and open boarders for the last 55 years. A nation is it's people, this nation has lost 1/2 it's people and they were replaced by people from nations that are failures without the Wests help, once the west is no longer it's people and that will be in a generation, two at most the entire world will change for the worse.

A nation dies from the inside, and like you said America has been dying for over a century, like Rome in so many ways this slow death is getting much faster.
    Cornish and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cornish is offline Junior Member
    30 trillion in deat is not wealthy, the debt is our doom and it all crashes soon. That and open boarders for the last 55 years. A nation is it's people, this nation has lost 1/2 it's people and they were replaced by people from nations that are failures without the Wests help, once the west is no longer it's people and that will be in a generation, two at most the entire world will change for the worse.

A nation dies from the inside, and like you said America has been dying for over a century, like Rome in so many ways this slow death is getting much faster.
    My thoughts exactly. And many, many others if gun purchases are any indicator of such things.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Iranon and XnavyHMCS like this.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, bro; I just hope like hell that you are fucking wrong. I hope that we can right the course which we have been taking, and get back on track...

Fingers crossed. (Wait, let me pull my hand out from there; I had the ol'combination: 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.)

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I believe most grown adults in the US have lost faith in the government. We need term limits for congress, I think the president obviously is horrible, congress is in pretty bad shape also, the supreme court is probably the only thing barely holding on . And im not just saying that bc roe vs wade overturning. But just my 2 cents. Its a divded country now
    almostgone, wellshii and lovbyts like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Same shit, different decade.

Born in 58, but too young to remember the national love fest & unity that had to have further rights awareness for woman and put an end to
    lynching blacks. Those “good old days”.

Late 60’s, still division over civil rights & bring on Vietnam. Conservatives vs. the liberal “hippies”. Complete unity then.

BS with Nixon and watergate in the 70’s brought more mistrust in the government. Then you had the crap with the Iran hostage crisis; we sure didn’t like Carter for that. More distrust.

You got Regan in the 80’s, but since there wasn’t as much news coverage or social media, nobody had any idea of the bs with the Iran-Contras crap or the the beginning of our 40 year history with Afghanistan. Had we known then, holy crap what divisiveness we would have had. But Ronnie was one smooth actor and brought an end to the Cold War, so we gave him a pass.

George Bush Sr. only served one term due to his popularity, but we got our troops asses stuck in Saudi Arabia because of that, which fueled Bin Ladin originally and we know what happened with him.

Clinton with his blow job in the White House; lots of divisiveness there.

George W. got us into Iraq again; it took some exaggeration of the WMDs, but absolutely no distrust there. Oh, and speaking of that wonderful & unbiased Supreme Court - the one that voted per the party that got them elected and stopped a recount of a presidential vote that very likely was stolen. I’m sure that didn’t lead to any divisions. Poor George W couldn’t get out of his car after the inauguration due to it being pelted with eggs and crowds screaming “thief”. Yup, the Supreme Court did their job there.

Oh yeah, the entire country just loved having a black president, complete national unity there. Hell, the dude wasn’t even born in the USA apparently. Yeah, who brought the country together with that one?

Bring on Trump & Biden. Seriously Biden? But Trump sucked so bad he lost to that dude (plus Biden had a multi racial woman as a Vice President with an obnoxious laugh, and he still won), but someone added even more divisiveness to the country in his denial of the election and contributing to January 6th.

We’ve been a nation divided since our inception; this current shit is not new. Just so much fucking social media out there (throw in incendiary sites like 4 Chan that encourages chaos & hate, but hey, freedom of speech) yeah lots of laughs. The parents of their dead child in the Sandy Hook school killing actually had to go to trial to have some dumb-ass admit the shooting wasn’t fictitious & causing the parents of their murdered child to get death threats (again in the name of freedom of speech).

I’m sure that I missed a few things.

And still I have our flag and the Statue of Liberty tattooed on my arm, because THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Added: I am not trying to be a smart ass, come across as a historian or wow anyone with my knowledge. These are just things that I have personally witnessed. Toss in these additional things from memory, illustrating our nations unity: getting let out of school early & seeing adults bawling after the assassination of JFK. Then seeing his brother offed later, as well as MLK. George Wallace’s policies weren’t exactly non-polarizing as well.

Point being Americans have been screaming like Chicken Little for decades that the sky is falling. What does that result in, what good does it do? It’s creates more doubts, more mistrust, more division. Now get ready for the next presidential debates, nominations and election; got a feeling that we ain’t seen nothing yet.
    Last edited by wango; 08-07-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    NiceGuyResearcher and lovbyts like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

Born in 58, but too young to remember the national love fest & unity that had to have further rights awareness for woman and put an end to

Late 60’s, still division over civil rights & bring on Vietnam. Conservatives vs. the liberal “hippies”. Complete unity then.

BS with Nixon and watergate in the 70’s brought more mistrust in the government. Then you had the crap with the Iran hostage crisis; we sure didn’t like Carter for that. More distrust.

You got Regan in the 80’s, but since there wasn’t as much news coverage or social media, nobody had any idea of the bs with the Iran-Contras crap or the the beginning of our 40 year history with Afghanistan. Had we known then, holy crap what divisiveness we would have had. But Ronnie was one smooth actor and brought an end to the Cold War, so we gave him a pass.

George Bush Sr. only served one term due to his popularity, but we got our troops asses stuck in Saudi Arabia because of that, which fueled Bin Ladin originally and we know what happened with him.

George W. got us into Iraq again; it took some exaggeration of the WMDs, but absolutely no distrust there. Oh, and speaking of that wonderful & unbiased Supreme Court - the one that voted per the party that got them elected and stopped a recount of a presidential vote that very likely was stolen. I’m sure that didn’t lead to any divisions. Poor George W couldn’t get out of his car after the inauguration due to it being pelted with eggs and crowds screaming “thief”. Yup, the Supreme Court did their job there.

Oh yeah, the entire country just loved having a black president, complete national unity there. Hell, the dude wasn’t even born in the USA apparently. Yeah, who brought the country together with that one?

Bring on Trump & Biden. Seriously Biden? But Trump sucked so bad he lost to that dude (plus Biden had a multi racial woman as a Vice President with an obnoxious laugh, and he still won), but someone added even more divisiveness to the country in his denial of the election and contributing to January 6th.

We’ve been a nation divided since our inception; this current shit is not new. Just so much fucking social media out there (throw in incendiary sites like 4 Chan that encourages chaos & hate, but hey, freedom of speech) yeah lots of laughs. The parents of their dead child in the Sandy Hook school killing actually had to go to trial to have some dumb-ass admit the shooting wasn’t fictitious & causing the parents of their murdered child to get death threats (again in the name of freedom of speech).

And still I have our flag and the Statue of Liberty tattooed on my arm, because THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Added: I am not trying to be a smart ass, come across as a historian or wow anyone with my knowledge. These are just things that I have personally witnessed. Toss in these additional things from memory, illustrating our nations unity: getting let out of school early & seeing adults bawling after the assassination of JFK. Then seeing his brother offed later, as well as MLK. George Wallace’s policies weren’t exactly non-polarizing as well.

Point being Americans have been screaming like Chicken Little for decades that the sky is falling. What does that result in, what good does it do? It’s creates more doubts, more mistrust, more division. Now get ready for the next presidential debates, nominations and election; got a feeling that we ain’t seen nothing yet.
    A little disappointed. No mention of Wango’s trip to Woodstock.
    Hey Buddy- I’ll be up your way on Labor Day competing at Venice Beach. I’m finally doing it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Just ask Britney Grimey right now...America no matter what government is in power, is a far greater country than any other one.

after all her "dissent," Biden and the federal government still seem to want to work to get her vape pen charge of weed reduced to a lot less than 9 years in the russian gulag prison

People keep comparing Sweden and Norway's great social programs for its citizens etc etc, but they are tiny in population compared to the US at 300 million plus those are homogenous countries, basically they're comparing apples with oranges
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    A little disappointed. No mention of Wango’s trip to Woodstock.
    Hey Buddy- I’ll be up your way on Labor Day competing at Venice Beach. I’m finally doing it this year.

I was there too, backstage actually. Country Joe, from the band “Country Joe and the Fish” is my uncle and Godfather. Back then the pot was too weak to fuck with a ten year olds mind, but Uncle Joe insisted that I stay away from the acid. Still snuck some shrooms though; then lied about my age and went down on Janis Joplin.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

America has never been a nation. It was a country with arbitrarily drawn borders. The nations of people within are starting to balkanize and move to be among each other. Within 20 years, if the United States even still exists, will only exist on paper. The liberals nutjobs and cuckersvatives are all being replaced by state-sponsored invaders and the peoples that remain are moving near one another and forming local communities based on hierarchal order. Democracy and republics are failed experiments. They've failed every time in the past and will always fail, because the egalitarian premise is false.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    America has never been a nation. It was a country with arbitrarily drawn borders. The nations of people within are starting to balkanize and move to be among each other. Within 20 years, if the United States even still exists, will only exist on paper. The liberals nutjobs and cuckersvatives are all being replaced by state-sponsored invaders and the peoples that remain are moving near one another and forming local communities based on hierarchal order. Democracy and republics are failed experiments. They've failed every time in the past and will always fail, because the egalitarian premise is false.
    I both agree and disagree with you HK. Hell we weren’t even 100 years old and we went to war with ourselves and killed up to or more than 750,000 of our “fellow countryman and citizens”. I really like what you posted about the extremists on both sides of the spectrum. What frustrates me the most is in my lifetime is that I can see both how far we’ve come as a nation, yet then, really not that far at all.

I for one, have very few people that I genuinely like and are willing to call a friend. But, more and more I try to find compromise and some empathy, even for those that really get under my skin & think the opposite of myself. I really wish that was happening more, but it really happens less. I hope that you are not correct about the 20 year thing and it’s very possible I might not be around for that sad day.

Until that time - MAY GOD BLESS THE GREAT NATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was there too, backstage actually. Country Joe, from the band “Country Joe and the Fish” is my uncle and Godfather. Back then the pot was too weak to fuck with a ten year olds mind, but Uncle Joe insisted that I stay away from the acid. Still snuck some shrooms though; then lied about my age and went down on Janis Joplin.
    I figured

1,2,3 what are we fighting for, don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, next stop is Vietnam!

Good ol country Joe!

wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I figured

1,2,3 what are we fighting for, don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, next stop is Vietnam!

Good ol country Joe!

Those were the days.

Ain’t no time to wonder why, whoopee we’re all gonna die . . . .

Lol. Right on brother; peace love & understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by CIGS -JUNGLE View Post
    Well if the US didn't sign the 1951 convention of GENEVA why is it letting so many immigrants from the northern triangle take refuge in America? The American Government must find a way to stop them, if they couldn't, they must let every patriot armed with their AR15 drive them all out. Well be clear that I'm not preaching violence, just an opinion, as things in the US could get worse with all these immigrants taking refuge!
    Hey just fly them out to the Northeast. Aside from tens of millions of immigrants passing through (Ellis Island) & many staying & residing in NY and surrounding areas since the 1890’s, they might have a clue what to do. Seriously though, damn slackers, how dare they shut down Ellis Island and bother the other states with immigrants.
    CIGS -JUNGLE likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 1beardedalpha View Post
    I've seen on websites that many countries their government is disbanding or leaders are resigning..
    I believe France, Sri Lanka, Israel, I want to say Afghanistan or Pakistan.
    will this happen to America?
    Will we face food and fuel shortages like Sri Lanka?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    It was a difficult year for crops in my area.
    After people staying home during covet as long as they did the debt to gross domestic product ratio pretty much doubled. Now that in and of itself makes the American dollar worth half of what it was but...

Since we operate on a Fiat currency we will just continue to bail out and bury ourselves deeper in debt. Other economies are propped up on us.

There is no debt ceiling.
    It doesn't matter who you vote for you get the same thing Republican or Democrat and usually one winds up doing the others dirty work when they're in office so as not to ruffle feathers enough that it causes an uprising or too big of a stir.

I've been a criminal in one fashion or another pretty much all of my life. I'm not free because my government grants it to me I'm free because I say so. Being free does not guarantee that you won't have enemies that are your own government.

I used to really care about politics. Now I just care about security for my family.

If the world ends tomorrow then I guess it ends tomorrow but at least I'll be doing my best until then.

I have always found it laughable that anyone would think that a billionaire could care about them or their freedoms. I think it's hilarious the way people root for their candidate like they're rooting for a football team. I look at it this way no matter which team wins the NFL still gets its money.

People are much easier to control when they're in two warring pins of sheep. If you let the little turds free range it's complete chaos and they can't be controlled.

So the media polarizes every issue possible to make sure that we don't see eye to eye.

The IRS is an unconstitutional organization and his taxation without representation. They pass codes which are law like every big government organization. The United States tax code is longer than all written law in most countries.

I'll just keep doing my thing not hurting anybody until they bring their shit to my door.

Between covid and this rough year on crops and inflation and fuel prices yes we will see high high food costs after harvest because Farmers with storage are going to store their grain until prices rise to cover the fuel that they've spent and the inflation cost.

Look at how adaptable we were during covid. Amazon boomed Walmart put him pick up kiosks.

The major companies are always ahead of the curve.

Next time you go to a gas station and look at the cost of the 20 oz bottle of soda think about what you paid 3 years ago.

Even though poor people believe that inflation is 8% to 9%, it's actually more like 30. Big companies already know this and they've already well adjusted for it.

We can play switcheroo and change money from our left hand to a right hand and keep printing paper that is useless but at the end of the day the American dollar is worth half what it was before covid.

I remember back in the '90s when people were talking about the government coming to get us and all that. Doomsday preppers have always been around and there's always been some great disaster that was fixing to wipe us off this planet.

I remember everybody saying there was going to be a great uprising all my life.

The fact is as long as you keep food in a person's belly put a TV in front of them and they have a little bit of cash in their pocket they don't really give a damn enough to put themselves in harms way. I believe the stay at home order was a prime example of this.

People talk real hard and the news is real scary. Frankly I just don't give a damn anymore.
    CIGS -JUNGLE likes this.

Obs
    What people don't realize is agriculture is the biggest part of the economy. When it takes a hit it affects every sector harder than any other sector failing.

You can watch CNN and Fox News all day long and you never hear a damn thing about the crops because that's not what most people are interested in.

We live in a world where food is an afterthought.
    I would love to see a day when these weaklings today got to spend a few days without food. Suddenly financials and insurance, consumer discretionary and industrials, tech and even medicine aren't so damn important anymore.

I believe that someday on down the road people will get to pay for their lack of gratitude for the ability to eat in the United States of America.
    CIGS -JUNGLE likes this.

Obs
    To the ops original question we are not sustainable.

The entire world is not sustainable.
    Technology is not moving fast enough to keep up with what we have to maintain so of course there's going to be mass die offs at some point. Whether starvation war or both.
    CIGS -JUNGLE likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by CIGS -JUNGLE View Post
    well the country Brazil is one of the few countries in the world with conditions to increase productivity and produce more food to meet global demand in the coming decades.
    They are top tier for sure

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Its really scary to think you probably aren't wrong. Cant imagine it could get worse than PedoJoe but then I would have never imagined we would be here in the 1st place. IMO a lot of what is going on just proves a lot of the tinfoil hat wearers over the last 60 years were right about the CIA and brain washing. The media has done a damn good job and most people just ignore what is happening right in front of their eyes.

Im really starting to think more and more I made the right decision by having a house built in the Philippines so if/when the sh*t hits the fan here or just gets past my point of tolerance I can bail because Im getting a little long in the tooth to join a militant group.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    To the ops original question we are not sustainable.

The entire world is not sustainable.
    Technology is not moving fast enough to keep up with what we have to maintain so of course there's going to be mass die offs at some point. Whether starvation war or both.
    Technology is falling behind because of typical government intervention slowing things down or stopping it. IMO
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Technology is falling behind because of typical government intervention slowing things down or stopping it. IMO
    It doesn't matter why, but I agree.

We are fucked.

People starting out today have a saturated job market. Homes are unattainable for most young people.

Tensions rise as people believe in dreams of politicians that could possibly have anything but their own interests in mind.

We have two generations of morons that believe in globalism and 23 genders. Nearly all of them are lazy ass stoners that couldn't get a McDonald's order right if you broke their arm when they fkd up.

Inflation is ridiculous. It won't slow.
    People are replaced with machines that work 24-7 and don't bitch about pay.

Economists keep saying "Raise the minimum wage! That'll curb inflation"

Then the lazy stoner is surprised when his "fight for fifteen" job got handed to a kiosk and the markets immediately reflect any min wg increase by making everything more expensive.

More expensive... More expensive in a world where we sat on our asses hiding from the sniffles in a global plandemic.

The only country that didn't shut down was Russia.
    Good on Putin for seeing through all the bullshit.

And now we have two nuclear Nations playing kickball in Ukraine after our great Commander in Chief drained our oil emergency oil reserves, put sanctions on Russian oil, made war on drilling in the US, gave China 50 million barrels of oil,
    (Who by the way is the number one financier to Russia for the war in Ukraine) and basically bent America over so the Saudis can fuck us in the ass.

But it's not his fault. Oil prices are in no way his fault.

Meanwhile the right side keeps praying for their great Messiah to come save them which is not going to happen because they still can't get it through their thick fucking heads that a billionaire does not become a billionaire by being a nice guy or by giving a fuck about your personal freedoms.

So we rotate back and forth left to right right to left to keep the masses satiated for four year intervals. With the two-year switcheroo in midterms.

Round and round we go.

Luckily they redefined the meaning of a recession so we're not in a recession after all.... But there could be one... I'm just saying it could happen possibly...

People are morally defunct. 99% can't survive 3 days without food.

We will see the day when the government's food reserves get emptied out just as the oil reserves have been emptied.

This time it won't be like the Great depression back then people had morals and most people grew their own food.

Human beings are by nature extremely greedy motherfuckers. We are pure evil son's bitches.

The world has a time limit just like anything. There is no such thing as renewable energy. Any energy spent will never be returned in a perpetual fashion that will sustain this fucked up species.

Soo... The inevitable must happen. The herd will be culled one fkin way or another.

We all know we are gonna die someday anyway.
    My only wish is to get a place where people will leave me the fuck alone but that will probably never happen.

On the optimistic side though, I already did it all so I really don't give a damn if I'm the first fucker gone from this shit show when it hits the fan.

Obs
    No matter how much you believe in peace, no matter how much you love people, no matter how much you have good interests in mind for everyone,.... There is someone on your own soil and in foreign soil that wants nothing more than for your brains to be bashed out with a rifle butt because they don't believe you're worth a bullet.

Today we have people that are extreme capitalist elite pretending to be socialists to gather the poor man's vote.

You are on your own and no one is going to come save you.

Obs
    The basic nature of mankind is barbarism. We were all born to lose. It cracks me up there's still people out there that believe in an elite politician. It cracks me up there's still people out there that believe they can save themselves from the massive superpower heel, they have placed over their heads.

Baby boomers won't ever get it because they grew up in a Time when homes cost a third of their yearly wage compared to today. They did good so they can't understand why this newer generation can't get their act together.

They heard the Doomsday shit all their lives just like I did. The only generation that ever adapted to the times was generation x.

Baby boomers looked back and wandered forward. Generation x looked forward looked back looked at the present and adapted. Hands down the greatest generation it was not the world war II generation that was the greatest generation. They had a clear and present enemy.

Generation Y and Z look at the present.
    They have no concept of history and can't even write in cursive.

They were born into slavery and will only worship their slave masters until the day they die.

The adaptation that youngsters today is to follow.

They follow.

The only leaders today are elites and criminals.

Fuck the left and fuck the right.

Someday something is going to come around and it's going to fuck the left and the right and everything in between. Sooner or later God is going to cut you down.

Even though "Technically" Im a baby boomer I think I got lucky being born at the end of it so I barely fall into the Gen X category. I never saw houses cheap. My first house cost me 4+ years worth of salary and it was a small rambler. I was able to merge from working in the labor field 60+ hrs a week into the high tech. Big learning curve Ive been able to fake my way though so far.

Once again (I never seem to learn) Ive always said I would not want to try to start or own a business with all the BS going on today as well as regulations and requirements in my State, (Washington) Guess what I did last week? Yeah the wife wanted to buy/take over the coffee stand where she has been working the last year so we bought it.

Well Ive been hearing how lazy and entitled these kids/young adults are and now got to experience it first hand. Wife needed some help and after getting a resume/application from a girl who has some prior experience she got fired before she even started. Oh yeah she wanted the job via txt and was excited. Couldn't make the next day interview. No big. Showed up for a great/meet the 2nd day. Said she could start the next day, great. Next day last minute she has an appointment she has to go to but will be there tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and after a reminder txt she says she cant make it because she has to clean her apartment and move. lol Wow! How can you not know about an appointment you have or that you have to move 24hr in advance. WTF?

My daughter has had to fire people working for her almost weekly. How does anyone expect to survive when they cant even show up for work but yet they think they deserve a Livable wage. Ive argued with Many of them saying when I was a kid or teenager (young adult) the only reason I had a livable wage was because I Always worked 50+ hrs a week (usually 60) and I always got a raise in less than a month because I did a lot more than the bare minimum. Do the minimum and you deserve the minimum wage. I even went from making $3.50 in 1981 to $10hr in 2 months because the owner of the fast food joint I worked at had been watching me and hearing about what I was doing even though I had no clue who he was until the day he walked up to me and said he wanted to talk to me and offered me a management position at a new store he was opening.
    Of course the corporate world doesn't quite work that way and you have to make yourself seen and noticed and wade through all the BS.

I really dont have much hope or faith for the current or future generations or teens with what Ive seen for the most part. Of course there are always some exceptions that will help keep things afloat but I dont think there are nearly as many doers and achievers as there are takers like there use to be. I've been to a couple retirement seminars or investment seminars recently and the consensus seems to be the same. The main problem with SS is there are not enough people working anymore. There use to be 11 people working for every 1 retiring and now there is 2.5 or close to 3 for every 1 retiring. But speak to any young person and We are the problem, people over 55 because there are to many of us. lol Doesnt matter that we have been working for 40+ years putting our money into SS they think we dont deserve it. Yeah it goes even deeper than that but I regress.

I dont disagree, I keep expecting to see a bunch of pillars of salt (life size) all around the way things are going, especially with all the.... Well Id better not go there but its about Story time..

I also agree, the right and left when it comes to politicians anyway are just the same horse of a different color for the most part. Of course there are a few exceptions on both sides but I think there is a wide ideology difference from what there use to be also. I truly believe probably 50% of our taxe money is embezzled one way or another and a lot of politicians and 100x richer than most of us realize. They are just hiding it for now or have distributed it through the family and shadow investments.

Do you know what the difference between a conspiracy and the truth is? About 6 months. The problem is most people have such short term memory they never remember what happened or what was said and are somehow convinced its all normal. I also swear brain washing is a real thing and the TV/Media has made people blind to what is happening right in front of them. They believe what they are told vs what they can see. Strange.

Ill never understand the mentality of hating someone because of what they have. I dont automatically assume they did something scandalous to get what they have even though a lot of them have. I tend to admire nice things when it belongs to someone else, not get jealous. I know when I visit other countries there are people who think Im rich. Im FAR from it and most of my life Ive worked and lived paycheck to paycheck but there are some people you just cant explain things too and if they cant have what you have they think you should not have it either. When Im visiting other countries and someone asks me what I do I never tell them anymore what I actually do or at least not right away because in their mind they think thats what Ive always done. A lot of people dont seem to understand that just because you have a particular job doesn't mean thats your career or you are stuck doing that for life if you dont want to. I always start out by telling them how I use to pick berries to sell to sell in my neighborhood, mow grass, wash dishes, buss tables, cut wood, do construction, work on cars, paint cars, work in a factory, build computers, work in IT, networking and Satellite communications. You have to make a long story of it and explain some of the bumps in the road like getting laid off work and no job for months at a time and life hardships or they think you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth so to speak.

As I said, I really dont have a whole lot of faith things are going to get much better but Im hopeful or hoping for a miracle. Thats partially why I already built a house in the Philippines. At least there you know what you are getting into and its a lot easier to survive having nothing if it boils down to that but Im hoping it will continue to slowly get better and not worse.

Speaking of getting votes, how many times will people continue to believe the same lie and go for the carrot being dangled in front of their face year after year. Ive always been a believe of, lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on me.

Yeah Ive been saying we are well on our way to Venezuelan 2.0 if things keep going the direction they are.

Thread Information