• 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By NiceGuyResearcher
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By wango

Thread: Governments quitting

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member

Governments quitting

I've seen on websites that many countries their government is disbanding or leaders are resigning..
    I believe France, Sri Lanka, Israel, I want to say Afghanistan or Pakistan.
    will this happen to America?
    Will we face food and fuel shortages like Sri Lanka?

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    America is Dead, has been for decades.
    1beardedalpha and Honkey_Kong like this.

XnavyHMCS is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    Ha Ha Ha...!!!

People have been sounding the death knell on the good ol'USA now for roughly 100 yrs (post WW I / Wall Street crash of 29, etc...)...

I wouldn't be so quick to count us out; not by a longshot. The nation is so inherently wealthy, that it is going to take something really major to bring us down. I can't remember who said it, but they said something along the lines of, If the nation falls, she will collapse from within, not from without... There must be more than a grain of truth to that.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Ha Ha Ha...!!!

People have been sounding the death knell on the good ol'USA now for roughly 100 yrs (post WW I / Wall Street crash of 29, etc...)...

I wouldn't be so quick to count us out; not by a longshot. The nation is so inherently wealthy, that it is going to take something really major to bring us down. I can't remember who said it, but they said something along the lines of, If the nation falls, she will collapse from within, not from without... There must be more than a grain of truth to that.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Ha Ha Ha...!!!

30 trillion in deat is not wealthy, the debt is our doom and it all crashes soon. That and open boarders for the last 55 years. A nation is it's people, this nation has lost 1/2 it's people and they were replaced by people from nations that are failures without the Wests help, once the west is no longer it's people and that will be in a generation, two at most the entire world will change for the worse.

A nation dies from the inside, and like you said America has been dying for over a century, like Rome in so many ways this slow death is getting much faster.
    Cornish and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cornish is online now Junior Member
    30 trillion in deat is not wealthy, the debt is our doom and it all crashes soon. That and open boarders for the last 55 years. A nation is it's people, this nation has lost 1/2 it's people and they were replaced by people from nations that are failures without the Wests help, once the west is no longer it's people and that will be in a generation, two at most the entire world will change for the worse.

A nation dies from the inside, and like you said America has been dying for over a century, like Rome in so many ways this slow death is getting much faster.
    My thoughts exactly. And many, many others if gun purchases are any indicator of such things.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Iranon and XnavyHMCS like this.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, bro; I just hope like hell that you are fucking wrong. I hope that we can right the course which we have been taking, and get back on track...

Fingers crossed. (Wait, let me pull my hand out from there; I had the ol'combination: 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.)

Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I believe most grown adults in the US have lost faith in the government. We need term limits for congress, I think the president obviously is horrible, congress is in pretty bad shape also, the supreme court is probably the only thing barely holding on . And im not just saying that bc roe vs wade overturning. But just my 2 cents. Its a divded country now
    almostgone likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Same shit, different decade.

Born in 58, but too young to remember the national love fest & unity that had to have further rights awareness for woman and put an end to
    lynching blacks. Those “good old days”.

Late 60’s, still division over civil rights & bring on Vietnam. Conservatives vs. the liberal “hippies”. Complete unity then.

BS with Nixon and watergate in the 70’s brought more mistrust in the government. Then you had the crap with the Iran hostage crisis; we sure didn’t like Carter for that. More distrust.

You got Regan in the 80’s, but since there wasn’t as much news coverage or social media, nobody had any idea of the bs with the Iran-Contras crap or the the beginning of our 40 year history with Afghanistan. Had we known then, holy crap what divisiveness we would have had. But Ronnie was one smooth actor and brought an end to the Cold War, so we gave him a pass.

George Bush Sr. only served one term due to his popularity, but we got our troops asses stuck in Saudi Arabia because of that, which fueled Bin Ladin originally and we know what happened with him.

Clinton with his blow job in the White House; lots of divisiveness there.

George W. got us into Iraq again; it took some exaggeration of the WMDs, but absolutely no distrust there. Oh, and speaking of that wonderful & unbiased Supreme Court - the one that voted per the party that got them elected and stopped a recount of a presidential vote that very likely was stolen. I’m sure that didn’t lead to any divisions. Poor George W couldn’t get out of his car after the inauguration due to it being pelted with eggs and crowds screaming “thief”. Yup, the Supreme Court did their job there.

Oh yeah, the entire country just loved having a black president, complete national unity there. Hell, the dude wasn’t even born in the USA apparently. Yeah, who brought the country together with that one?

Bring on Trump & Biden. Seriously Biden? But Trump sucked so bad he lost to that dude (plus Biden had a multi racial woman as a Vice President with an obnoxious laugh, and he still won), but someone added even more divisiveness to the country in his denial of the election and contributing to January 6th.

We’ve been a nation divided since our inception; this current shit is not new. Just so much fucking social media out there (throw in incendiary sites like 4 Chan that encourages chaos & hate, but hey, freedom of speech) yeah lots of laughs. The parents of their dead child in the Sandy Hook school killing actually had to go to trial to have some dumb-ass admit the shooting wasn’t fictitious & causing the parents of their murdered child to get death threats (again in the name of freedom of speech).

I’m sure that I missed a few things.

And still I have our flag and the Statue of Liberty tattooed on my arm, because THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Added: I am not trying to be a smart ass, come across as a historian or wow anyone with my knowledge. These are just things that I have personally witnessed. Toss in these additional things from memory, illustrating our nations unity: getting let out of school early & seeing adults bawling after the assassination of JFK. Then seeing his brother offed later, as well as MLK. George Wallace’s policies weren’t exactly non-polarizing as well.

Point being Americans have been screaming like Chicken Little for decades that the sky is falling. What does that result in, what good does it do? It’s creates more doubts, more mistrust, more division. Now get ready for the next presidential debates, nominations and election; got a feeling that we ain’t seen nothing yet.
    Last edited by wango; 08-07-2022 at 10:47 AM.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

Born in 58, but too young to remember the national love fest & unity that had to have further rights awareness for woman and put an end to

Late 60’s, still division over civil rights & bring on Vietnam. Conservatives vs. the liberal “hippies”. Complete unity then.

BS with Nixon and watergate in the 70’s brought more mistrust in the government. Then you had the crap with the Iran hostage crisis; we sure didn’t like Carter for that. More distrust.

You got Regan in the 80’s, but since there wasn’t as much news coverage or social media, nobody had any idea of the bs with the Iran-Contras crap or the the beginning of our 40 year history with Afghanistan. Had we known then, holy crap what divisiveness we would have had. But Ronnie was one smooth actor and brought an end to the Cold War, so we gave him a pass.

George Bush Sr. only served one term due to his popularity, but we got our troops asses stuck in Saudi Arabia because of that, which fueled Bin Ladin originally and we know what happened with him.

George W. got us into Iraq again; it took some exaggeration of the WMDs, but absolutely no distrust there. Oh, and speaking of that wonderful & unbiased Supreme Court - the one that voted per the party that got them elected and stopped a recount of a presidential vote that very likely was stolen. I’m sure that didn’t lead to any divisions. Poor George W couldn’t get out of his car after the inauguration due to it being pelted with eggs and crowds screaming “thief”. Yup, the Supreme Court did their job there.

Oh yeah, the entire country just loved having a black president, complete national unity there. Hell, the dude wasn’t even born in the USA apparently. Yeah, who brought the country together with that one?

Bring on Trump & Biden. Seriously Biden? But Trump sucked so bad he lost to that dude (plus Biden had a multi racial woman as a Vice President with an obnoxious laugh, and he still won), but someone added even more divisiveness to the country in his denial of the election and contributing to January 6th.

We’ve been a nation divided since our inception; this current shit is not new. Just so much fucking social media out there (throw in incendiary sites like 4 Chan that encourages chaos & hate, but hey, freedom of speech) yeah lots of laughs. The parents of their dead child in the Sandy Hook school killing actually had to go to trial to have some dumb-ass admit the shooting wasn’t fictitious & causing the parents of their murdered child to get death threats (again in the name of freedom of speech).

And still I have our flag and the Statue of Liberty tattooed on my arm, because THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

Added: I am not trying to be a smart ass, come across as a historian or wow anyone with my knowledge. These are just things that I have personally witnessed. Toss in these additional things from memory, illustrating our nations unity: getting let out of school early & seeing adults bawling after the assassination of JFK. Then seeing his brother offed later, as well as MLK. George Wallace’s policies weren’t exactly non-polarizing as well.

Point being Americans have been screaming like Chicken Little for decades that the sky is falling. What does that result in, what good does it do? It’s creates more doubts, more mistrust, more division. Now get ready for the next presidential debates, nominations and election; got a feeling that we ain’t seen nothing yet.
    A little disappointed. No mention of Wango’s trip to Woodstock.
    Hey Buddy- I’ll be up your way on Labor Day competing at Venice Beach. I’m finally doing it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceGuyResearcher is online now Associate Member
    Just ask Britney Grimey right now...America no matter what government is in power, is a far greater country than any other one.

after all her "dissent," Biden and the federal government still seem to want to work to get her vape pen charge of weed reduced to a lot less than 9 years in the russian gulag prison

People keep comparing Sweden and Norway's great social programs for its citizens etc etc, but they are tiny in population compared to the US at 300 million plus those are homogenous countries, basically they're comparing apples with oranges
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    A little disappointed. No mention of Wango’s trip to Woodstock.
    Hey Buddy- I’ll be up your way on Labor Day competing at Venice Beach. I’m finally doing it this year.

I was there too, backstage actually. Country Joe, from the band “Country Joe and the Fish” is my uncle and Godfather. Back then the pot was too weak to fuck with a ten year olds mind, but Uncle Joe insisted that I stay away from the acid. Still snuck some shrooms though; then lied about my age and went down on Janis Joplin.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

America has never been a nation. It was a country with arbitrarily drawn borders. The nations of people within are starting to balkanize and move to be among each other. Within 20 years, if the United States even still exists, will only exist on paper. The liberals nutjobs and cuckersvatives are all being replaced by state-sponsored invaders and the peoples that remain are moving near one another and forming local communities based on hierarchal order. Democracy and republics are failed experiments. They've failed every time in the past and will always fail, because the egalitarian premise is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    America has never been a nation. It was a country with arbitrarily drawn borders. The nations of people within are starting to balkanize and move to be among each other. Within 20 years, if the United States even still exists, will only exist on paper. The liberals nutjobs and cuckersvatives are all being replaced by state-sponsored invaders and the peoples that remain are moving near one another and forming local communities based on hierarchal order. Democracy and republics are failed experiments. They've failed every time in the past and will always fail, because the egalitarian premise is false.
    I both agree and disagree with you HK. Hell we weren’t even 100 years old and we went to war with ourselves and killed up to or more than 750,000 of our “fellow countryman and citizens”. I really like what you posted about the extremists on both sides of the spectrum. What frustrates me the most is in my lifetime is that I can see both how far we’ve come as a nation, yet then, really not that far at all.

I for one, have very few people that I genuinely like and are willing to call a friend. But, more and more I try to find compromise and some empathy, even for those that really get under my skin & think the opposite of myself. I really wish that was happening more, but it really happens less. I hope that you are not correct about the 20 year thing and it’s very possible I might not be around for that sad day.

Until that time - MAY GOD BLESS THE GREAT NATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was there too, backstage actually. Country Joe, from the band “Country Joe and the Fish” is my uncle and Godfather. Back then the pot was too weak to fuck with a ten year olds mind, but Uncle Joe insisted that I stay away from the acid. Still snuck some shrooms though; then lied about my age and went down on Janis Joplin.
    I figured

1,2,3 what are we fighting for, don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, next stop is Vietnam!

Good ol country Joe!

wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I figured

1,2,3 what are we fighting for, don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, next stop is Vietnam!

Good ol country Joe!

Those were the days.

Ain’t no time to wonder why, whoopee we’re all gonna die . . . .

Lol. Right on brother; peace love & understanding.

Thread Information