BrownGirl is offline Female Member

Kim Jong Il died today.

So...Kim Jong Il just died...I sure hope his son won't turn out just like him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16239693

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    saw it!~!

lived in S korea for a year back when i was younger. i sure wish that penninsula would reunite and get over the past. maybe there's a chance now?

Maybe...I guess it all depends on the successor.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    tbh, we don't know much about his 3rd son. and even though his father favored him over the others, once he get's comfortable with his new position, his behavior could change.

If he's been to university, and exposed to other cultures, it is very possible he could take a more liberal, open stance. but he still has severe issues facing him, such as extreme food shortages.

his father understood that a bullet is cheaper than a loaf of bread

Well, apprently his son went to school in Switzerland. Hopefully he was exposed to other cultures because of that. I was reading that if he does come to power though, Kim Jong Il's brother in law might possibly ty to overthrow him and take control. More chaos.

Thenard is offline New Member
    I think it's going to take the US (of course) , S. Korea, and Japan, to have some type of political intervention. The son is way too young to be in charge of that country and the brother in law may feel this is his time to shine! Too many variables for me.

Mads is offline Junior Member
    good couldt happen to a better person

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    LOL @ political intervention and change. Please! That country and "The Party" are so ass-backwards, add to that all the fanctions that will be fighting for power in the event that the son doesn't work out. A country rife with famine, disease, inward facing guard towers, mine fields, electric fences, prison camps where those who enter never leave...the place is a human rights nightmare and won't change any time soon because the rest of the world lacks the testicular fortitude to do whats right. The entire idea that The Party is based on is telling the world to go **** itself. The leaders live in splendor while the rest of the country rolls in squalor.

NK has a strict policy on importing anything, that is of course unless you're the leader and need a few new cars or feel like getting shitfaced on top shelf liquor. Communism, eh?

Well, the US sure doesn't have the money to intervene! And I don't think anyone else will anyway.....It's very sad that the people of North Korea have to suffer because their leaders are corrupt. Then again, maybe those people should do something about it. Tragic.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Well, the US sure doesn't have the money to intervene! And I don't think anyone else will anyway.....It's very sad that the people of North Korea have to suffer because their leaders are corrupt. Then again, maybe those people should do something about it. Tragic.
    They should, but dissent is met with such harsh retribution in NK that death for you and your family is certain if you even speak of anything even remotely negative in regards to the dear leader or the party.

odi et amo is offline Female Member
    it takes more than one person(even if that person is the leader) dying to change their ways unfortunately. it's the blind loyalty, power and fear.

also, their enmity with the south is still raw and very ingrained.

Thread Information