yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up Anyone taking glucosamine?

Got my MRI results back i got 2 discopathy L4L5 and L5S1.

I did read that glucosamine, inversion table, and PT could really help to rehydrate the dark disk.

Also drinking plenty of water.

Anyone got good results with glucosamine, less joint pain, back pain?

Thanks guys

Madeira Jon is offline New Member
    I've been taking Glucosamine for the past 6 weeks as I have arthritis in a hand and my right knee. My doctor told me that it will take about 6 months for the effects to be really felt. I also take fish oil. Another good supp is LITOZIN but I find that a bit too expensive at the moment.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I took it for about 6 months and didn't really notice anything. From what I understand there are a few studies that say it works and a few that say it doesn't.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    That's a alternative medicine, what did your doctor prescribe you?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    I took it for about 6 months and didn't really notice anything. From what I understand there are a few studies that say it works and a few that say it doesn't.
    That is so true.

Thanks everyone for great feedback.

I am on my third month now and notice nothing

blkmuscles is offline New Member
    i have been taking glucosaime,msm and fish oil capsules each 3 times a day with my meals and have had fanatisc results.joints feel like i am in my 20's again.ty it out

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blkmuscles View Post
    i have been taking glucosaime,msm and fish oil capsules each 3 times a day with my meals and have had fanatisc results.joints feel like i am in my 20's again.ty it out
    Ok i am currently using Procosa 2 by Usana, i have 2 more bottles of this but went and ordered myself the new animal pack joint product with MSM, and collagen and more.

Procosa 2 is pertty limited and more for the normal person not the bodybuilders or trainers like ourselves.

Thanks guy cant wait to get the new product.

I am also taking fish oil and eating salmon and tuna.

Madeira Jon is offline New Member
    blkmuscles
    How long have you been taking glucosomine?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i've started glucosomine/chondroitin/msm several times and just cant seem to make the 6 month mark as i dont notice any or enough relief from joint pain to continue the chore of taking all the pills

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    It has worked great for me, all my joints feel better although it took about 2 months to feel a difference. On the other subject, I had a microdisectomy on my L-5/S-1 disk many years ago and my only regret was waiting too long to have it done. The sciatic relief was immediate, I walked out of the hospital the same day and was back squatting 405lbs for reps within 8 months.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 07-18-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    It has worked great for me, all my joints feel better although it took about 2 months to feel a difference. On the other subject, I had a microdisectomy on my L-5/S-1 disk many years ago and my only regret was waiting too long to have it done. The sciatic relief was immediate, I walked out of the hospital the same day and was back squatting 405lbs for reps within 8 months.

Holly cow what an amazing story, my rehab is going so so, i am doing tones of PT right now and light weight training.

I have been told that since i have been pain spreading for 8 years that my back would always remain weak.

Your story is very inspiring for me, apparently i have weak muscles, i am not to worry about the discopathy i am sure that they i can rehydrate the disk.

I have been doing PT for 2 months now.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Yeah, my surgery was back in 98 so I am sure they have better options available now.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Yeah, my surgery was back in 98 so I am sure they have better options available now.
    I have been told that i have no need to surgery, there is no degeneration, no nerve pinching.

The disk are darkened, lost water.

My pain i have been told i due to weak muscles after all theses chiro adjustments that really took a tole on me.

So now i have to work double time to strenghten everything.

In the injury rehab section i have my MRI picture posted on there.

ongoing back pain Doc sust if you are still around

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    Stay positive, nothing is set in stone. Look at Kevin Everett from the Buffalo Bills. When it comes to rehabbing an injury, one thing that I've learned is I will heal as long as I follow my docs directions and it will happen when my body decides, not my mind. I used to get these timetables in my mind (either consciously or unconsciously), and when it didn't happen the way I thought it should I would get frustrated. Take it one day at a time and there is no telling how well you'll recover.

Thread Information