Thread: Being sore

Bigdoghd is offline New Member

Being sore

Since I just started lifting again after 8 years(age 49), I haven't really hit it hard like I did when I was lifting before(based on soreness). Or should I say I'm just not no where near as sore as I remember me being? I think two weeks should be a good warm up time, you think I should push it more? Or might it be that I'm not going to get as sore as I did years ago?

I remember when I first started, I could barely take a shower, I'd be so sore.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    I still use soreness as the gage for my workouts. If you are not sore then chances are you are not working that muscle group hard enough. The good sore is what I am refering to. If you can complete all the reps in your last set add weight. Every set to failure.

Bigdoghd is offline New Member
    Your probably right. I'm probably worried about pulling something and it's causing me to not push it. Thanks for your imput.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    If its the right type of sore i also agree with Silver-bolt. I too use soreness the next day as a guide on who the workout was.
    I do find however that there is a bit longer recovery time needed as you age (if your working out to max)
    Form Form form, but yeah, you do need to make them work

kaju is offline Associate Member
    Only you know your body. if you have experiance in the gym you will be fine. You will be aboe to judge your progress. but stay away from the juice. you will need at least and I mean the very least one year of hitting it hard with no injuries.

Thread Information