Thread: 1st Cycle

notoverthehill is offline New Member

1st Cycle

Hi All,

I am 49 yo and I have been reading the forums quite frequently. I am 5'7" 163 lbs with BF of 14%. I am testosterone deficient and was taking Test cyp 200mg q wk with anastrazole 0.5mg M-W-F for 8 weeks and then cycled to clomid 50 mg every other day and HCG 2200 IU q 5 days. After reading a bit about the novice cycle I decided to start. I am on Test cyp 400mg q week now and still with the same dose of anastrazole. Should I do the same post cycle as I usually do? I feel great and I am seeing gains in my workouts and with my weight. I am eating as much as I can as I have a demanding job. I will get in 3 meals, 2 shakes and 1-2 protein bars daily. It has always been difficult for me to gain weight. I work out 6-7 days per week(in the house) and in general will do a different body part each day. Any suggestions on the above or with the next cycle?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    if you are testosterone deficient, why would you cycle on and off?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was told since I am still able to make some testosterone I should cycle with the clomid and HCG . I will tell you that my strength and energy did drop when on the post-cycle. So what should I run as a cycle then?

Big
    at 49, I would consider going on trt (testosterone replacement therapy) running low dose year round. once you are used to it, you can always bump up to a cycle level for a bit then drop back down to a trt dose, no pct needed.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    working out 7 days a week is never advisable... not quite sure what u r asking.. how many weeks have u been on?? #post Cycle therapy never changes... it will always be te same routin no matter if u did a gram a test a day or 200mg a week.. PCT, if done properly will put u back on track..

im also curious to hear ur answer to BIG's ?... as PCT would be useles if u are Testosterone dependant anyways

I have actually been on TRT for the low T for about a year and a half now and recently decided to do the novice cycle 1. So at the end of the 12 weeks I would just do the Novice cycle 2 or would you recommend repeating cycle 1 with the addition of dianabol ?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    at 49, I would consider going on trt (testosterone replacement therapy) running low dose year round. once you are used to it, you can always bump up to a cycle level for a bit then drop back down to a trt dose, no pct needed.
    could not have said it better myself.. that is why he is the BOSS!!!!

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by notoverthehill View Post
    I have actually been on TRT for the low T for about a year and a half now and recently decided to do the novice cycle 1. So at the end of the 12 weeks I would just do the Novice cycle 2 or would you recommend repeating cycle 1 with the addition of dianabol?
    if your trt is 200mg/week, step up to a cycle level, then at the end of the cycle step back down to the 200mg/week for a few months, then consider stepping back up to cycle level. it's called "cruise and blast". don't just stay at cycle levels indefinitely.

Thanks for the reply. Should I just stay on the Test cyp and go from the 400mg cycle to the 200mg cycle or should I follow the cycle examples and then go back down to the 200mg. I hope this makes sense.

Big
    it does, and either depending on goals. some of us blast just by upping the test, some blast by adding other compounds, either is fine provided it matches your goals.

Thanks for the clarification.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome! no one is over the hill here! or anywhere! You came to a great place-enjoy!

Vettester is offline Banned
    If you're going on TRT ...

Drop the clomid!

Add a continuous amount of HCG throughout your regiment, e.g., 250iu x 3/wk. No need to risk desensitization with the leydig cells.

Run labs on a regular basis.

I would try to improve the diet situation before blasting a cycle beyond your scheduled TRT amount. 3 meals and a couple of shakes really won't get you too far.

Being "T" deficient, what kind of score do you have? Presume they determined it to be secondary? Also, look at the benefits of B12 injections to compliment your program. It's a must (IMO) for anyone on TRT.

Yes I agree my diet is not optimal but the job situation makes it difficult. I am focusing on improving that now. My total T was below 200 and Free T was also low. My other labs were good. So now should I be running the HCG or as advised above just go with 400 mg of Test cyp weekly and then the 200 mg of Test for a few months before I do another cycle?

I will add the B12 that's easy, thx

rbg
    rbg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Bump!

This is what I do..no pct needed, and no hormone 'roller coaster'.

Thread Information