OldSquatter is offline New Member

trying something new

I've been lifting weights off and on for basically my entire life. I am 54 yo now. I've had times when I have lifted hard for long durations of time and times when I have fallen off the wagon for a year at a time. But I have stuck it out with good results in my love/hate affair with weights.

Now, I feel the pull to try something new and to, perhaps, one last time attempt to surpass my old personal bests (which I am not too far from at this time). But I need help and direction which is why I have come to these forums. I am from the Boston area (north shore). Presently I work out alone in my basement but would like to join a gym once again. If anyone here is from this area and has a gym recommendation please pass it along.

I look forward to conversing with you all.

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    My son is going to college in the Boston area so I was checking out gyms back there. Not sure if this is close to you but it looks like quite the facility, looks like they cater to sports conditioning, powerlifting, strongman, etc. Here is the link to their site http://www.totalperformancesports.com/
    Hope this helps. If you check it out post what you thought, I am very curious.

OldSquatter is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    My son is going to college in the Boston area so I was checking out gyms back there. Not sure if this is close to you but it looks like quite the facility, looks like they cater to sports conditioning, powerlifting, strongman, etc. Here is the link to their site http://www.totalperformancesports.com/
    Hope this helps. If you check it out post what you thought, I am very curious.
    Thanks for the reply. The town this gym is in is too far off the beaten path for me to join. Looks like quite a place though!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    welcome bro

theres a couple forums within this site 1. over 40 forum and 2. Hormone Replacement, anti aging, etc. fourm that we share and chat...be lookin for u

Thread Information