kingfish is offline Junior Member

Finally found the missing weight loss link

It's been a while since I was on here, and I'd gotten some good dieting advice from a few guys on the board in the past(thanks again). To recap, I'm 43, 6ft 256lb and have been struggling to get weight off for several years, and had gone the usual route of diet & cardio with not much to show for my effort.

Last year, to correct a low T situation, my endo started me on TRT at 100mg EW then after a few months bumped it to 125mg EW, but the weight just wasn't moving. After all my testing she thought my problem might be insulin sensitivity so she wrote me for Glumetza - usually prescribed for diabetics. Well, she nailed it, because I've lost 14lb in the last 6 weeks, and I think I should be able to reach my goal weight sometime in July. I'm not 100% sure how Glumetza works, but she assured me I'm not diabetic, or even pre-diabetic. (it runs in my family) I just thought I'd pass this along to others that might be in the same boat, beating their heads against the wall because of a stubborn weight issue.

Now if I could just get this tendonitis in my forearm to go away I'd have nothing to squawk about

Last edited by kingfish; 04-04-2011 at 12:13 PM.

turk1968 is offline Associate Member
    Is the pain on the inside or outside of the elbow, Is it above or below the elbow. Ive had all sorts of elbow problems , including surgery but mine are now good as gold if you diagnose correctly and treat accordingly .

kingfish is offline Junior Member
    Outside, just below the elbow. It's been bugging me since my 365lb bench in February. I've tried icing it but no relief yet. I can't do bicep or back excercises because of the pain

Thread Information