splchamp is offline New Member

A diet I can stick to that works

Hey guys and gals I have been reading this forum and site for months. There is some very good info here and I registered to get your professional help. I am 47 years old 250 lbs 6"1" I want to drop up to 50 lbs .My diet sucks its not working and I have High Blood pressure and high cholesterol. I work out at nights after work for an hour or so doing P90x and cardio. I Drink over a gallon of water a day and avoid sugar and salt at all cost. I am on a high protein and fiber diet. I eat 4 small meals a day(hard to do more at my job) but its oatmeal or cereal in morning with protein, Then an orange for a snack at lunch chicken breast with brown rice, afternoon snack of an apple or orange. For dinner chicken or fish with green beans. I do have cheater side now and then. I hydrate all threw the day.
    Question 1-Is losing 50 lbs in a 3-4 month period safe and can it be done and be healthy. Would Oxy Elite pro help ? I do have high BP
    question 2 Im only looking to please me and make my wifey look at me like she used to Will "T" help or hurt me during the weight loss period?
    Question3- IS there a diet that will help me cut the fat around my mid section and overall body flab?
    Please don't critique to hard Im still trying to learn all your abbreviations so I don't have to ask what they mean could you please spell it out for my simple minded ass?
    Thanks -SPLCHAMP

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by splchamp View Post
    Question 1-Is losing 50 lbs in a 3-4 month period safe and can it be done and be healthy.
    this is pretty aggressive weight loss goal. maximum FAT LOSS is going to be about 2 lbs/wk. in the summer of 2010, i lost 40 lbs in 3 months, tho, on a "protein sparing modified fast".

question 2 Will "T" help or hurt me during the weight loss period?
    probably will help with energy level for working out.

Question3- IS there a diet that will help me cut the fat around my mid section and overall body flab?
    as i mentioned above, i had good results with the "protein sparing modified fast". it is brutal though.

also, you can also check out the "nutrition resource forum" on this site. lots of good diet info there...
    Last edited by rollingthunder; 01-23-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    As thunder says, head to the nutrition forum and read the sticky 'dieting 101-cutting' by GBrice. You'll need to have an approximation of your bodyfat.

'T', if you mean testosterone , is not a good idea. It is responsible for raising blood pressure and cholesterol. You also have an increased chance of other side effects if you are running it at a high bodyfat.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

My diet sucks
    Great. At least we know what the problem is.
    avoid sugar . . . at all cost.
    So you say. Milk? Fruit? Are these in your diet?
    Oatmeal or cereal in morning with protein
    Cereal? Sugar. Stick to old fashioned oats, not instant. Half a cup dry at most. What is the protein source? Eggs? 5-7 grams of protein per egg depending on the size (and this includes the yolk). Drink tea with no sugar - a small splash of milk for flavoring if you cannot drink it black. One slice of toast (maximum) with the tiniest amount of butter (real butter, not margarine).
    Then an orange for a snack at lunch
    Sugar. Almost as much as a Coca Cola. Would you drinke a can of Coke for lunch?

chicken breast with brown rice
    This is ok so long as the rice is half a cup or less and the chicken is not breaded.

afternoon snack of an apple or orange.
    Crap! I thought you said low or no sugar? What the hell??? More sugar? Want a snack? How about tuna or another chicken breast (baked)?

dinner chicken or fish with green beans.
    That will work, so long as there is no breading or other sources of sugar. Think about replacing the green beans with spinach salad (less sugar)

I do have cheater side now and then.
    Stop it! Now.

You did not say what you drink.

Question 1-Is losing 50 lbs in a 3-4 month period safe and can it be done and be healthy.
    yes.

question 2 Im only looking to please me and make my wifey look at me like she used to Will "T" help or hurt me during the weight loss period?
    Help what? Lose fat? No. Keep muscle while losing fat? Yes, but I strongly suggest you take a closer look at your diet.

Yes, see above.

Get onto a bodybuilding type weightlifting regimen with cardio. You need to build muscles to burn more fat.

A couple months, and the wifey will be looking at you like she used to.

Save the testosterone injections for when your gains stall out.

splchamp is offline New Member

Diet update

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    Great. At least we know what the problem is.
    So you say. Milk? Fruit? Are these in your diet? Yes only fat free milk and The cereal witch I am about to dichand use oatmeal
    Cereal? Sugar. Stick to old fashioned oats, not instant. Half a cup dry at most. What is the protein source? Eggs? My main source of protein is chicken and turkey tuna for sides, Syntha 6 whey protein venison on weekends 5-7 grams of protein per egg depending on the size (and this includes the yolk). Drink tea with no sugar - a small splash of milk for flavoring if you cannot drink it black. One slice of toast (maximum) with the tiniest amount of butter (real butter, not margarine).
    Sugar. Almost as much as a Coca Cola. Would you drinke a can of Coke for lunch?

This is ok so long as the rice is half a cup or less and the chicken is not breaded.

Crap! I thought you said low or no sugar? What the hell??? More sugar? Want a snack? How about tuna or another chicken breast (baked)?Ya I have ditched the fruit and no I haven't drank soda in years

That will work, so long as there is no breading or other sources of sugar. Think about replacing the green beans with spinach salad (less sugar) I did this very thing

Stop it! Now.really found sweet potatoes with a dash of cinnamon tasy

You did not say what you drink.Water is what I drink I will have two coffees in the morning with a touch of fat free milk and then its water all day

yes.

Help what? Lose fat? No. Keep muscle while losing fat? Yes, but I strongly suggest you take a closer look at your diet.

Yes, see above.

Get onto a bodybuilding type weightlifting regimen with cardio. You need to build muscles to burn more fat.I am on this now lifting different body parts 5 days a week and cardio once a week till me schedule changes

A couple months, and the wifey will be looking at you like she used to.

Save the testosterone injections for when your gains stall out.
    By the way thank you I really need to get this under control I am working on making the corrections

manmachine is offline New Member
    I would be careful about not eating fruit just because an orange contains the same amount of sugar in a can of coke doesn't mean anything. They are different types of sugars. Fruits and vegetables contain essential nutrients and all important fiber. I wouldn't cut out any fruits and vegetables in your diet. I would also consult a sports nutritionist for the best advice.
    Last edited by manmachine; 03-01-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Thread Information