Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TheChosen1
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 2 Post By Simon1972
  • 1 Post By DROY

Thread: Is 64 too late?

Dorowat is offline New Member

Is 64 too late?

Skinny all my life. Want to see what a muscle feels like. 6'1" 160 A chest would be nice. If not too late what to start with for lean muscle which stays with me.

Heapsreal is offline New Member
    go for it dude. No pre-existing health issues other than being skinny. Hopefully training right with good compound exercises like squats benchpress, rows, powercleans, shoulder press and a few curls. Eats lots of protein regularly, aim for 4000-5000cal/day. Standard cycle of test E or C or SUS, 250mg twice a week for 10weeks and train your ring out and rest up well to help recovery. Use a low dose arimidex .5mg twice a week to avoid E2 issues. When all the gear is out of your system then to a restart with nolvadex .

You will be 6ft1 and 200lbs lean, better shape then most people by a country mile.

good luck, like to see how you go?

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    It wouldn't matter if you have to go to the gym while trailing with a walker with tennis balls on the feet and your dentures in a glass, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE, bro. Go for it!
    Steve James likes this.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Ya go for it ! got to start somewhere. Good luck!!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorowat View Post
    Skinny all my life. Want to see what a muscle feels like. 6'1" 160 A chest would be nice. If not too late what to start with for lean muscle which stays with me.
    trying to cross things off the bucket list, eh? =)

mate, 64 is a great age to get started.

a couple of thoughts, if you don't mind?

1) Go get a physical first, including a stress test and a blood panel test including hormone panels that include testosterone . Since you are looking for improvements, you may wish to consider hormone replacement therapy. I'm 52 and have been on for several years. It provides significant benefits in a variety of ways.

2) Spend some time in our nutrition section and start thinking about putting together a general nutrition plan that focuses on your daily caloric requirement [ we call it TDEE; "Total Daily Energy Expenditure"]. Learn what to eat and what not to eat. Putting on muscle at your age will be more of a challenge that it would have been if you were 25. But remember, Jack Lalanne, when he passed, was still swimming multiple hours a day and was a beast at 94. You are 30 years his junior, still much potential left!

3) before considering strength training, let's get the heart muscle toughened up first. Start by daily walking, and work your way up to 40 minutes a day every other day. once you can do that comfortably, then you may consider it might be time for a gym membership.

4) If you have the cash, you can employ the services of one of those youngsters at the gym to show you the ropes on all the various machines. They like to call themselves a "personal trainer" and are employees of the gym. I'd maybe think of having them show you the ropes for a couple of weeks, maybe a month, until you get comfortable with your routine, and then you can take over from there. if you do not have the cash, there is a flood of youtube videos that will show you how to properly operate the equipment you see at the gym. Either or, but some like the personal touch.

5) Once you get going, and know your TDEE, you'll have to begin the process of knowing how much protein you need to eat every day and how many calories you need to eat over maintenance to grow some muscle. It's a slow process, and if you need to bounce ideas off me for a sanity test, just pm me. If you do decide to go with the hormone replacement, then it will make growing some muscle a bit easier.

Time is on your side. Don't rush it. Be patient, and focus on avoiding injuries. It may be a few years before your tendons and ligaments are strong enough to make the leap into heavy ish weight. These connective tissues strengthen real slow, so just take your time.

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    Motardpdx likes this.

old cajun is offline Junior Member
    Good to here from the vet that its never to late. Good luck

delcapone is offline New Member
    Its never too LATE Brother, Ronald Reagan was 72 yrs old when shot in the chest, after rehabing his pectorals he put 3 inches on his chest, and that was simple rehab, not intense training. Im 52 and can still put 20lbs on when I want to. If I stop for more than 4 weeks , I can't believe the difference in the way I look and feel. I will be in the gym till I'm in my COFFIN!!

jet dr is offline New Member
    I say go for it if your healthy.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Are there any health concerns with starting at this age?

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    it was too late....i think he died
    Motardpdx and wellshii like this.

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^^too funny.

TaiChiChuan is offline New Member
    I couldn't pass this up. I believe the man just simply gave up. Depression and lack of real motivation can stop a person dead in their tracks. Sure hate to think that the poor guy died of a heart attack.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    On Pianas channel you will find +80 guys who stil got the eye of the tiger and some decent muscles too. Thanks to some extra testo i guess.
    Check your cholestrol, hematocrit, BP, liver/kidneys and other values first. If you are in the range, why not run a test 500 for 8-12 weeks?
    Also look into sarms . They really work and they are much safer than testo. But you should run a trtdose test with it. Im on lgd now, whick is the best sarms for muscle building and mk677 for pushing growthhormone and igf1 values. Only concern with lgd is that it lowers hdlcholestrol which is bad. And my BW proved this. Some says mk677 is good for cholestrol. Anyway, i think this is it. Trtdose because lgd is supressive and u stil need a minipct.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 10-12-2015 at 06:36 AM.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    some great responses here... i'll just repeat, it is not at all too late. just ramp in slowly (ideally with some knowledgable guide like a trainer or wise buddy already into it). and make sure to WARM UP for everything. it is so important when older (i'm 52).

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delcapone View Post
    Its never too LATE Brother, Ronald Reagan was 72 yrs old when shot in the chest, after rehabing his pectorals he put 3 inches on his chest, and that was simple rehab, not intense training. Im 52 and can still put 20lbs on when I want to. If I stop for more than 4 weeks , I can't believe the difference in the way I look and feel. I will be in the gym till I'm in my COFFIN!!
    I'm in complete agreement. 58yrs old, 6foot 225lbs and 34 waist, and I train 4 days per week.

wellshii is offline Member
    I always wonder what happened to the 3 or less posters on forums.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii
    I always wonder what happened to the 3 or less posters on forums.
    I often wonder as well. Perhaps....It was a first step but lacked commitment for a variety of reasons

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DROY View Post
    I'm in complete agreement. 58yrs old, 6foot 225lbs and 34 waist, and I train 4 days per week.
    New to the forum. I'm 57, 6'1" and 190 with a 34 inch waist, but train more. If you don't mind, are you on TRT or are you doing more traditional cycles and then PCT? I personally started TRT 3 months ago and am psyched with my progress so far. Dude, 225 - were you always able to pack on muscle when you were younger, I myself am not blessed genetically in the muscle dept.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    New to the forum. I'm 57, 6'1" and 190 with a 34 inch waist, but train more. If you don't mind, are you on TRT or are you doing more traditional cycles and then PCT? I personally started TRT 3 months ago and am psyched with my progress so far. Dude, 225 - were you always able to pack on muscle when you were younger, I myself am not blessed genetically in the muscle dept.
    I have been in and out of gyms for forty years and it is the gradual accumulation over time as I am not genetically gifted either. I have a small bone structure but over time added mass. I have run two cycles (see 57 year old 2 cycle thread) and have added probably 20 lbs of lean mass and lost 5 lbs of fat. I'm at 220 now and no trt.
    Proximal likes this.

Thread Information