Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Simon1972

Thread: What can I take

tomtom_607 is offline New Member

What can I take

I'm 41 I want to gain back my strength and drop weight. I don't want to use injectable. I would prefer oral but I know nothing about how to use steroids . I was on T replacement prescribe by my doctor, it got my t levels back up and I've been off them for two years. I'm 5'9 240 so my BMI is high, I workout 4 times a week I've lost 40lbs in a year but I cant seem to drop anymore. So any help on what to get would be great.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    If you stopped taking the replacement test, your test levels are back in the trash.

Test replacement is for life. It's unfortunate your dr didn't inform you of this when you decided to get off.

Once you're low, you'll always be low. If you aren't artificially replacing the testosterone , you won't do anything but get worse.

By taking test, and then stopping, you're likely even lower then before you started.

Good luck

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Also, just to answer your original question so you don't think I'm just being rude. .

Oral only cycles are highly frowned upon. They shut down your natural test (which you probably don't have anyways) and don't replace it. You'd end up feeling worse (probably) and wouldn't gain much.

Injectable test should be the base of every cycle. Regardless of being a beginner or advanced.

Also, it sounds as though you're intending to lose weight. Cycling is not recommended at higher body fat%, due to the increase of side effect severity (increased e2 conversation, increased blood pressure, higher risk of gyno, list goes on and on).

Stick around, read stickies. Go check out the hormone replacement section, it's a wealth of knowledge. And you need to know some of the info before you go back to your dr

Thanks for the advice and I figured my levels are down.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, what's your BF%?

Check out the nutrition section, especially macro breakdowns and TDEE calculations. It will change your life.

I'm at 25% and thanks for the advice

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Get down to 15% through diet and training. THEN look at options.

Seriously, start calculating your TDEE. You will be amazed how fast you can change your body through proper nutrition.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    i dont agree about getting your fat % down first.

if you are truely low T, go to a dr and get its prescribed- inject it SUBQ into your stomach fat- up until 6 weeks ago i was scared as all hell..took me 30 mins to build up the courage one saturday morning when my family was out. i just sat on the couch with the 29G needle trying to break skin.......once in- it was like nothing...and since then i inject twice a week no issues.

get on an AI if your dr will also supply it- take that to control your E, you will be able to lose weight and control conversion of T to E using that.

My opinion is men tend to get fat because of the low T converting to E makes it more so- using an AI to get your E into the sweetspot will free more up to help you break that fat plateu.

first step-----go to a Dr and get on the injectable TEST!
    Brett N likes this.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Agree with Simon. TRT should have never been stopped, I wouldn't recommend going back to the same doctor unless he advised you not to quit and told you the consequences and you did it anyways. If it was his idea, he does not know TRT very well. If you can't find a doc, you could always look into Lowtestosterone.com (site sponsor) They are reasonably priced and well informed on the proper protocol. That's where I started 2+ years ago.

Thread Information