Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 1 Post By Java Man

Thread: Is your whet protein tearing you up??/

splchamp is offline New Member

Is your whet protein tearing you up??/

For the love of god I blast ass all day on Syntha 6 there has got to be something that wont do this too me, Im lifting heavy and need as much protein as I can. I get most from food. My ride to work is an hr long so I chug a shake in morning and after work after my work out. but by time I get home the wife is ready to kill me. What do you use and whats the best? Thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.allstar health.com/f/dymatize-elite_whey_protein_instantized.htm

(remove the spaces)

$8.29/lb for pure whey isolate.

When I was in Afghanistan, the Syntha 6 I got out of the Px was pretty expensive.

the least expensive complete protein I can figure is whole eggs. They are slow burning and several dozen at Costco are only a few bucks.
    Java Man likes this.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Isopure low carb dutch chocolate. No aspartame, colesterol
    Java Man likes this.

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by splchamp
    For the love of god I blast ass all day on Syntha 6 there has got to be something that wont do this too me, Im lifting heavy and need as much protein as I can. I get most from food. My ride to work is an hr long so I chug a shake in morning and after work after my work out. but by time I get home the wife is ready to kill me. What do you use and whats the best? Thanks
    I have maybe 1-2 shakes a day tops. By 2, I mean two scoops post workout.

I use dymatize elite and also take ginger root and I never have any problems with gas or "blowing ass".

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Synthra 6 is FREAKING expensive for just 50% protein concentration.

pappybay is offline Junior Member
    Google is your friend. ON is the gold standard in my opinion. Syntha has an awesome taste but I just could not get over the cost-benefit ration.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Times Roman is dead on....whey isolate. Standard whey hurts my stomach too.
    Java Man likes this.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    For months, my farts were so bad they would strip paint off a 57 bel air. Seriously, they were so hot every time I ripped one I thought I crapped my pants. My wife hated me, my kids and friends hated me. I realized 90% of my gas was coming from drinking my shake to fast. It would go from the blender to my belly in seconds. Now I let that puppy sit for about 10 minutes before I drink it and all the air escapes. Made such a difference for me I had to share. Good luck, being smelly sucks.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I switched to isolate last month. Much less gas and general full / bloated feeling.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    http://www.allstar health.com/f/dymatize-elite_whey_protein_instantized.htm

(remove the spaces)

$8.29/lb for pure whey isolate.

When I was in Afghanistan, the Syntha 6 I got out of the Px was pretty expensive.

the least expensive complete protein I can figure is whole eggs. They are slow burning and several dozen at Costco are only a few bucks.
    Not bad. But there are two catches:
    A) the isolate is ion-exchanged, not microfiltered. This strips the protein of important microfractions and immune boosting properties.
    B) it isn't 100% isolate. Isolate is the main source, but the ingredient list reveals WPC as the second ingredient.

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by splchamp
    Look on the ingredients and see if it has sorbitol (sugar alcohol) quite a few protein bars have that and it makes everyone I know fart all day , maybe it has a lot of fiber?

Red Bastard is offline Member
    Has to be iso, for me to easily digest it. I also take one high quality digestive enzyme with each shake. Get wicked gas without, but very little with.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by splchamp View Post
    I loved this post. I am still LOL. I just got a dog that "blasted ass" every now and then and now I just blame it on my dog. This post made my day! But from what I remember from Microbiology is that your flora is what is causing this to happen. Could be your diet, protein or just your active flora. I take GasX on bad days but a good rip with a nice rank smell means your are healthy inside.

yosimitesam is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh412 View Post
    Look on the ingredients and see if it has sorbitol (sugar alcohol) quite a few protein bars have that and it makes everyone I know fart all day , maybe it has a lot of fiber?
    I have a problem with sorbitol also. I'd be halfway through my workout and wonder why I felt like I was going to puke when I wasn't involved in an exercise that usually makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

I've been using Optimum's natural whey powder that's got just a bit of Stevia in it. No Splenda, Aspartame or Ace K, and best of all, no sorbitol. It's not the cheapest, but it's the easiest on my stomach. It can get clumpy, so I use a shaker with a wire ball in it that makes it smooth and keeps it from sticking to my cup.

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member
    anything with aspartame does it for me...oh and uniliver.

T-boner is offline Associate Member
    Nonstop protein farting. I just figured it was part of trying to get big. My wife is having a fit about it but I can't help it. A lot of good dutch ovens.

Thread Information