Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member

Post Cycle Recovery

Do Y'all find recovery slow. I'm in the second week of clomid after my first cycle. I didn't have and didn't use hcg . Libido is down but not too bad at all. But, I feel real weak and tired in the gym.

I did test cyp 300mg/week for 9 weeks and gained 28 pounds. I went from 190 to 218. I've lost 10 of those back but it was a lot of water and a lot came off my waist. No doubt my muscle size has decreased since I've come off. Hoping to stabilize and not drop below 205 pounds.

Nuts shrunk up to about half of regular size and seem to have come back some but with a ways to go.

I've kept my diet and protein dialed in post cycle. Training suffered some b/c of work travel and just feeling worn out.

For those of Y'all with experience, does this sound pretty typical?

If I take a good 10-12 weeks off and then hit my next cycle of test and eq can I expect to stabilize back up in the 215 pound range??

Thanks, Go.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    us older guys tend to find recovery is slower.
    whats the clomid therapy look like bro? is it the standard pct stuff?
    you might want to extend it some if you find that when its done you arent where you want to be natural test wise.......
    i really dont think hcg is needed for that length of cycle at that dose.
    a lot of the gain from cyp is water, so thats probably what you lost right away.

peace I4L

Ok, thanks. Ya, it's the standard pct I've read over and over. I'm into the second week and so am down to 50 mg a day. I was going to conclude after approx 2 weeks but will see how it goes.

Frankly, I knew I was carrying a lot of water and knew I would lose some muscle. I'm just hoping to stabilize soon so I can get a rough idea of what I'll be able to hold onto.

For a first cycle it was great! I guess this is the hard part. I can't wait to do it again!!

did you run an anti-e with your cycle bro?
    arimidex or femara would have kept a lot of the water off during your run.
    a lot of guys actually like some water weight though, as strength goes up comparatively with body weight.
    the problem with this scenario is that when you come off, a lot of the weight fades because(of course) its water.
    you should be running your clomid this way:
    300mg day1
    100mg days 2-11
    50mg days 12-21

if you in your second week you should still be at 100mg ed, unless your on the tail end of the 2nd week........

peace I4L

Ok, maybe I should go back up to 100mg a day for a few more days than. I wasn't planning to run it for the whole 21 days, only for 2 weeks. I didn't run any during the cycle. One of my primary goals was to build up my legs and I felt the water would help my knees, which it did.

It's just a bit tough on the ole psyche losing all that size. I'm still pretty happy so far.

this is the make or break part of your cycle bro.

dont get down, it happens to all of us. the idea behind pct is to get the natural test levels back to normal as quickly as possible, therefore holding on to as much of the newly gained mass as possible. keep in mind, you wouldnt have held onto the water weight either way.

make sure you run the clomid right, and if 21 days isnt enough to get you back to normal, then extend the days at 50mg by 7.

peace I4L

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    clomid is cheap and is the prob the best inveestment you can make now so don't skimp on it.

Lewd

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    I agree that you should run clomid longer. You can continue it at 100mg/day.

For your next cycle you might consider HCG during the last week. It isn't absolutely necessary, but it can help to stimulate the testes to start up again.

I'm a little older too, and at the end of this cycle I am going to bridge with 200mg/wk Primo for a month to keep a little AAS in my system until normal HTPA gets started. I am currently running it at 400mg/week. Dianabol at 10mg/morning would also work to bridge.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    do you guys notice better results with liquid Clomid vs tabs? I agree that we older guys take longer to rebound,,, and it can be a bitch!

Well, I've levelled off at 205 lbs. If I can stay here and keep the muscle I've got now I'll consider the cycle a success. I started pre-cycle at 190 lbs.

It's been tough training and eating now that the fun phase is over. I'm already really looking forward to my next cycle (except not so sure how I'm going to do all those EQ shots).

I'm still using the clomid and will keep that up for another week.

Thanks for the replies.

if you keep 15lbs bro, thats a definite success........its always harder once the cycle is over, but you have to do the right things in the post cycle phase to keep what you built. keep up the good work, you did well.

peace I4L

Thanks bro

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Clomid is clomid. I have used both liquid and tabs and found no difference except in the ease of taking a tab

Thread Information