gratefulparrot is offline New Member

Giving blood with Hep B

Hey all. My searches didn't really answer a question. Like the title says, I'm doing TRT and my red blood cells are screaming. I need to get rid of some blood, but have come across with no options. The doc in FLA who gives me the script, but wants my regular doc to write a script to leach, but since my regular doc doesn't believe in TRT, and I don't fall under their standards, he refuses to write the prescription. Any suggestions? I got hep B from a bad tattoo at the age of 13..I"m 57 now. Thanks

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was in about the same position. I made my own appointment with a hematologist. I brought everything I could (past blood work) and convinced him to write me a script for therapeutic phlebotomy. It has a stipulation that my hemoglobin has to be over 16 for me to get drawn. I told him my wife kept seeing the commercials "have you or someone you know taken testosterone and had a heart attack? If so contact ambulance chasing attorney Joe smuckatelly at 1800 waste money" and she was worried I was going to die.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You could always self bleed if you got the stomach for it..a lot of people do it..I couldn’t..there’s some threads about it if your interested..

gratefulparrot is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    You could always self bleed if you got the stomach for it..a lot of people do it..I couldn’t..there’s some threads about it if your interested..
    Yeah, Not a chance in hell of me doing this. I'd rather let a professional do this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulparrot View Post
    Yeah, Not a chance in hell of me doing this. I'd rather let a professional do this.
    its not that bad.

use a dark colored bottle or duct tape it and use dark blue hoses so you can't see it.

I'm injections are more rough than tapping a vein

I buy blood bags, same stuff used in the blood banks, and "donate" 1 unit every couple of weeks. It's not that bad.

Thread Information