Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By DJMikeT

Thread: At what point (Test Levels) should I consider TRT???

  1. #1
    DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104

    At what point (Test Levels) should I consider TRT???

    Hello guys,

    So I just turned 49 in March and for the past 2 years mt Test Levels have been in the 300's

    2016 is was 352
    2017 is was 360

    I have read that some researchers suggest that the healthiest men have testosterone levels between 400 - 600 ng/dL.

    I'm below the 400 threshold and I realize the scale goes from about 270 to 1070 and that puts me less than 100 ng/ml before I'm at the bottom of the scale.

    Also here's another thing, in 2017 I had shoulder surgery and after completing rehab I did a cycle to help build my mass back and get my strength back up.
    While on cycle I felt better than I had in a long time. Lot's of energy, dropped body fat %, sex drive through the roof and overall better attitude with everything in
    general. My wife and I really reconnected during that time.

    So now I'm almost at the end of my PCT (4 days left) and I have seemed to crash pretty hard. No energy, no desire to do much of anything, sleeping 12 hours sometimes,
    sex drive is really low as well.

    One other problem I also have is in my left testicle I have a varicocele which has already caused testicular atrophy in that testicle. So basically I think I'm running on one....

    I'm going to get blood work done 6-8 weeks after I finish PCT but I've done cycles in the past and don't remember having after effects like I do now. I know age plays a huge part
    and that's why I'm seeking advice on at what point to consider TRT.

    Any advise from knowledgeable members would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,393
    personally , I think if your 49 years old and your running AAS cycles anyways, then you should just be on TRT. Make life a whole lot easier and more optimal then dealing with that up and down PCT bullshit . more keepable gains too.

  3. #3
    DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    personally , I think if your 49 years old and your running AAS cycles anyways, then you should just be on TRT. Make life a whole lot easier and more optimal then dealing with that up and down PCT bullshit . more keepable gains too.
    Thanks for the input GearHeaded, I was already thinking similar to what you posted. I'm hoping to be able to find an ENDO that would put me on Test Rx so I could use my insurance and not have to worry about ordering gear etc.
    The thing is I hear it's hard to find a good one that is willing to help. Wondering if I should go in now since I know my levels are extremely low and get blood work done??

  4. #4
    RoxRunner's Avatar
    RoxRunner is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Colorado-USA
    Posts
    149
    I agree with Gear on this. And in my opinion, I'd go as soon as possible. No reason delaying it and continuing to feel crappy.

  5. #5
    DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxRunner View Post
    I agree with Gear on this. And in my opinion, I'd go as soon as possible. No reason delaying it and continuing to feel crappy.
    Getting blood work done tomorrow morning and then go from there. This is the worst I've ever felt.

  6. #6
    Riles723 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMikeT View Post
    Getting blood work done tomorrow morning and then go from there. This is the worst I've ever felt.

    Curious how your bw went? I was in the same boat and may have some suggestions to help if you're still around. I had mine checked and at age 42, (45 now) and I had the test levels of a 70 year old man, which was surprising since I had a pretty good physique and relatively lean (maybe 12/15% bf). So I got on TRT and it's been great for me. Anyways, reply and I can share what I did that worked for me.

  7. #7
    DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Riles723 View Post
    Curious how your bw went? I was in the same boat and may have some suggestions to help if you're still around. I had mine checked and at age 42, (45 now) and I had the test levels of a 70 year old man, which was surprising since I had a pretty good physique and relatively lean (maybe 12/15% bf). So I got on TRT and it's been great for me. Anyways, reply and I can share what I did that worked for me.
    Blood work came back with my Test level at 202.

    I found a good Urologist at Baylor and now I'm on TRT. My dosage is .4mg/E3D so roughly about 140mg/week. I feel a whole lot better now. After a few weeks, my Urologist ran another blood panel and my Test was at 904 ng/dl and Free Test at 170.5 (standard range is 47-244). So far I've been lucky and not needed to take any AI as my E2 levels have stayed low.

  8. #8
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMikeT View Post
    Blood work came back with my Test level at 202.

    I found a good Urologist at Baylor and now I'm on TRT. My dosage is .4mg/E3D so roughly about 140mg/week. I feel a whole lot better now. After a few weeks, my Urologist ran another blood panel and my Test was at 904 ng/dl and Free Test at 170.5 (standard range is 47-244). So far I've been lucky and not needed to take any AI as my E2 levels have stayed low.
    I've been on for a year and have slowly dropped test dosage, now at .35 (=70mg) e3days. And, I don't have to take adex anymore. My BP has dropped since dropping the Adex.
    DJMikeT likes this.

  9. #9
    DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I've been on for a year and have slowly dropped test dosage, now at .35 (=70mg) e3days. And, I don't have to take adex anymore. My BP has dropped since dropping the Adex.
    I've been on TRT for a couple months now, running very close to what you are (.30mg E3D) and also not needing the Arimidex since my E2 levels were low. I feel really good again, thank God!!
    RoxRunner likes this.

  10. #10
    waltr64 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    75
    My TRT doc told me only about 50% of men need AI so I never understand way all these young folks start taking it day on of a cycle. You are lucky not to need it but I was on Test for a few years before I needed AI, kind a got a spare tire and it was from high E. Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •