Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Oldguysrule

Thread: Are Leg Extensions & Leg Curls needed for Knee Health & Well Being? I have a home gym

Oldguysrule is offline New Member

Are Leg Extensions & Leg Curls needed for Knee Health & Well Being? I have a home gym

Hello,

I'm on a tight budget and need to be home to take care of my ailing mother, I don't want her in assisted living
    plus, i dont want to spend money on gas and a gym membership, for at least 3 years

I have a home gym with everything except leg extension and a leg curl machine

Does anyone know if leg extensions and leg curls are needed for knee health?

Info on the web has various schools of thought--- as in you can do barbell squats, barbell calf raises and deadlifts so they're not needed...others say the leg extensions and leg curls for hamstrings help balance the knee

Lately, my knee has been poppin' without any pain or numbness, this could be normal, and not necessary a sign of cartilige deterioation

I am taking bovine collagen, calcium, glucos., fish oil

I really don't want knee problems in the near future.

By the way, im in my mid 50s and 180 lbs at 5 feet 11 in tall

Thnks for any useful help or info

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If your knees are in good shape, there are plenty of options. Squats, lunges, deads, Bulgarian split squats, goblet squats, calf raises of several variations.
    Oldguysrule likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Oldguysrule is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If your knees are in good shape, there are plenty of options. Squats, lunges, deads, Bulgarian split squats, goblet squats, calf raises of several variations.
    thank you so much. this is a relief, as u seem to know a lot and im grateful for your help on my other posts here

i can now update my budget and factor this in

have a safe n pleasant weekend
    almostgone and Booz like this.

Thread Information