• 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Flowmax side effects

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Flomax side effects

I have my PSA tested probably 2x a year and its always close or within normal. I do have to get up to use the bathroom SEVERAL (5 or 6) times a night.

I tried Flomax (Tamsulosin) a couple of years ago and it didnt seem to make any difference so I eventually discontinued it and still didnt notice any change.

Ive tried several of the OTC over the years and made no difference.

I started flomax again a couple weeks ago but this time I started taking it 2x a day, .4mg This time it seemed to help. first 3 nights didnt get up more than 1x and pretty much the same the other 2 nights.

Now the problem. I didnt put 2+2 together before but this time it was obvious. I dont get quite as much wood as I was or not as hard but it works fine and worse it takes FOREVER or I dont cum at all. Its very difficult to finish.

I remember having the same problem before for quite a while but wasn't sure why. Now its pretty obvious. Any suggestions besides doping back down to 1x a day or stopping it completely? Im guessing even at 1x a day I will have the same problem because I did before and at 1x a day it didnt seem to help with the nightly bathroom trips.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-08-2022 at 05:52 AM.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have my PSA tested probably 2x a year and its always close or within normal. I do have to get up to use the bathroom SEVERAL (5 or 6) times a night.

I tried Flomax (Tamsulosin) a couple of years ago and it didnt seem to make any difference so I eventually discontinued it and still didnt notice any change.

I started flomax again a couple weeks ago but this time I started taking it 2x a day, .4mg This time it seemed to help. first 3 nights didnt get up more than 1x and pretty much the same the other 2 nights.

Now the problem. I didnt put 2+2 together before but this time it was obvious. I dont get quite as much wood as I was or not as hard but it works fine and worse it takes FOREVER or I dont cum at all. Its very difficult to finish.

I remember having the same problem before for quite a while but wasn't sure why. Now its pretty obvious. Any suggestions besides doping back down to 1x a day or stopping it completely? Im guessing even at 1x a day I will have the same problem because I did before and at 1x a day it didnt seem to help with the nightly bathroom trips.
    I don't have this issue with Flomax, but I am at the 1 a day dose. I've been on for about 3 years, and other than the "ghost load" issue for the first two weeks when I started, haven't had any odd sides. Lowered BP some, helped with "voiding the bladder", but no real negatives.

I did try coming off at one point and had to pee more, so went back on. I have to infer that it works as intended for me.

Unrelated to Flomax, I did add a topical product called dermacrine that brought the wood back to 18 year old levels. Man, the Beast woke me up one night all angry and like pissed off �� Just something to maybe look into...

Well the ghost load is my main issue so maybe I should try to tough it out and see if it gets back to normal.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Well the ghost load is my main issue so maybe I should try to tough it out and see if it gets back to normal.
    For me it took a couple of weeks.

That is some freaky stuff they don't always prepare you for!
    lovbyts likes this.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Get a bladder scan, I would bet you are retaining 350-350ml urine. Never get a Turp, Never. Green lazer light therapy is far better.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post
    Get a bladder scan, I would bet you are retaining 350-350ml urine. Never get a Turp, Never. Green lazer light therapy is far better.
    Ive read that about a Turp several times. Luckily I think Im ways away from that still.
    Iranon likes this.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

My p.s.a. levels were normal also
    Yet my doctor prescribed me flomax to relax the muscles in the groin, either the bladder or the actually prostate itself

*I never understood why if my psa level was normal evidencing a normal-sized healthy prostate, then why did I have to urinate like you often 5-7 x per day or more, with weak urine flow and a drip.. ??

I mean does not that evidence that my prostate is normal in size and it's not pressing down or impeding my urethra?

Sure when we're on the juice or even just bodybuilding naturally, many of us prefer drinking a gallon of water per day, i.e. to for 1 thing, to ease the joints from heavy lifting,

but I never understood that

Maybe it's anxiety or maybe the weakining of the muscles, due to age, of the shaft that makes a person not totally relieve this piss all the way out

(by the way, I experience the same g load sides and that was something that really seemed counterproductive, but after using it for a while it goes away on its own and I didn't notice much of a difference on flomax, just the regular once a day dose of i think, let me look 0.4 mgs per day)

Healthy aging sometimes involves use of a medical penis pump (not the novelty kind)....maybe use of that and jelq exercises can strengthen the walls of the sex organ so that not only does the ejaculate shoot out at 18 year old levels, but also so does the urine flow

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    lovbyts likes this.

I stopped taking the flowmax 2x a day and back down 1x a day and haven't had the ghost load recently but still doesn't feel quite normal and still been getting up a few times a night/day (I work nights) but hopefully that will get better soon.

No need for a medical pump. Ill just tell my wife to kick it up a notch lol. She is only 24 and still likes to practice.

Well I stopped the flowmax again. I tried for a couple more weeks but seriously it also made me feel like crap. I felt sick pretty much the whole time when I was taking it and withing a couple of days after stopping I felt better. Strange.

Just an FYI I dropped the Flow Max and now trying finasteride 5mg a day. So far so good.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Just an FYI I dropped the Flow Max and now trying finasteride 5mg a day. So far so good.
    Man, watch your DHT! You probably know this already, but fina does one thing: beats down DHT. Some of us handle low DHT well, others like myself do not.

I normally say "microdose it to start" but you have been around the block lol and I figure you know more than me, especially about how you respond to various hormone levels

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Man, watch your DHT! You probably know this already, but fina does one thing: beats down DHT. Some of us handle low DHT well, others like myself do not.

I normally say "microdose it to start" but you have been around the block lol and I figure you know more than me, especially about how you respond to various hormone levels
    Yeah I have actually been using 1mg for several years without a problem.
    TRT and rogaine
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-18-2022 at 11:37 PM.

Dr.V.P.C. is offline New Member
    You should consider use Flomax with mirabegron ( myrbetric) , search for this, works like a charm .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.V.P.C. View Post
    You should consider use Flomax with mirabegron ( myrbetric) , search for this, works like a charm .
    I already know I dont like the side effects from Flowmax after trying 3x in the last 1yr so I really dont want to add yet another Rx especially since one of the side effects is higher blood pressure.

My problem may not really be much of a enlarged prostate because I also had bladder surgery when I was about 6. It still makes me cringe thinking about how much it hurt to pee the first time after surgery and that was 54 years ago. lol
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-19-2022 at 06:11 AM.

You got me thinking. Even though my PSA has always been good, right in the middle or a little lower and my total test is in the 800s I decided to get my DHT, Free & Total Test as well as estrogen test done since its been quite a while.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    You got me thinking. Even though my PSA has always been good, right in the middle or a little lower and my total test is in the 800s I decided to get my DHT, Free & Total Test as well as estrogen test done since its been quite a while.
    Probably not a bad idea on the DHT. I don't think finasteride loses its effectiveness but good to check every now and then just to be sure.

You said you were looking at going to 5mg daily from 1mg daily... again, I know you know this already, but for those that don't, the additional dht reduction is only like 10% (65% or so for 1mg, 75% or so for 5mg), so I wonder if it is worth the risk of increased sides at 5mg. Especially if your measurable DHT is low enough. Like, if your DHT is 30, does taking it to 27 really matter?

Just some random lunchtime thoughts lol

Probably not a bad idea on the DHT. I don't think finasteride loses its effectiveness but good to check every now and then just to be sure.

You said you were looking at going to 5mg daily from 1mg daily... again, I know you know this already, but for those that don't, the additional dht reduction is only like 10% (65% or so for 1mg, 75% or so for 5mg), so I wonder if it is worth the risk of increased sides at 5mg. Especially if your measurable DHT is low enough. Like, if your DHT is 30, does taking it to 27 really matter?

Just some random lunchtime thoughts lol
    Actually it is my 1st time using 5mg. Ive been using 1mg for about 2 years after getting some hair restoration.

Well sh*t, good thing I got my numbers checked because they are terrible. My total test is probably low because I forgot my shot that week. Usually my total is around 800+ but here are my numbers.
    Total Testosterone , (689) Range 250-1100 ng/dL
    Binding Globulin (8 L) Range 22-27
    Free Testosterone (238.5 H) 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone (11 L) Range 12-65 ng/dL
    Estradiol (88 H) Range 0R=39 pg/mL

Looks like I need to get my Estradiol a bit lower.
    Hmm wait a minute, I have been running a small little bit of tren with my test the last couple months off and on and from what I remember the sensitive Estradiol test will read tren as E and give you false high reading. Maybe I need to keep things normal for a couple months and just test again. I hate it when that happens.
    Im also thinking if my Estradiol was really that high my Free T would be lower since it means it was being converted into Estrogen, right?

As for my Dihydrotestosterone I dont think being out of range by 1 is very bad but I may try cutting down to 4mg a day and see what happens.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-26-2022 at 12:54 AM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Actually it is my 1st time using 5mg. Ive been using 1mg for about 2 years after getting some hair restoration.

Well sh*t, good thing I got my numbers checked because they are terrible. My total test is probably low because I forgot my shot that week. Usually my total is around 800+ but here are my numbers.
    Total Testosterone , (689) Range 250-1100 ng/dL
    Binding Globulin (8 L) Range 22-27
    Free Testosterone (238.5 H) 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone (11 L) Range 12-65 ng/dL
    Estradiol (88 H) Range 0R=39 pg/mL

Looks like I need to get my Estradiol a bit lower.
    Hmm wait a minute, I have been running a small little bit of tren with my test the last couple months off and on and from what I remember the sensitive Estradiol test will read tren as E and give you false high reading. Maybe I need to keep things normal for a couple months and just test again. I hate it when that happens.
    Im also thinking if my Estradiol was really that high my Free T would be lower since it means it was being converted into Estrogen, right?

As for my Dihydrotestosterone I dont think being out of range by 1 is very bad but I may try cutting down to 4mg a day and see what happens.
    Your SHBG is almost non existent, I think that would explain the high estradiol and free t, even with total t that low. Additionally, you are blocking 5 alpha reductase, so there is essentially no conversion to DHT, leaving more to convert to free t and estradiol, in that order, IIRC.

Probably not a bad idea to take other compounds (tren) out of the mix for next bloods and before adding an AI.

How do you feel? Because that is the most important thing.
    lovbyts likes this.

Yeah I agree with taking the tren out, I sort of forgot. LoL
    I also agree with how someone feels matters more than perfect numbers. No mood issues but for sure don't have the energy I should or would like. Also sort of hard to tell due to still recovering from both total shoulder replacements. Considering everything I don't feel bad but could be better.
    I'll wait a couple months and test again.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-07-2022 at 03:18 AM.

I decided it was time to get new numbers. DHT is much better, Still not great.

Total Testosterone , (1037) Range 250-1100 ng/dL
    Binding Globulin (17
    L) Range 22-27
    Free Testosterone (299.4
    H) 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone (18) Range 12-65 ng/dL
    Estradiol (67
    H) Range 0R=39 pg/mL

Last time:
    Total
    Testosterone , (689) Range 250-1100 ng/dL
    Binding Globulin (
    8 L) Range 22-27
    Free Testosterone (
    238.5 H) 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone (
    11 L) Range 12-65 ng/dL
    Estradiol (
    88 H) Range 0R=39 pg/mL

What foods increase SHBG?
    Additionally, the following foods and beverages increased SHBG production.
    4) Dietary Changes: Mediterranean Diet

• Olive oil [139]
    • Almonds and walnuts [140]
    • Coffee and tea [136] "Wife is a Barista. I need to tell her to bring home more coffee"
    • Alcoholic beverages [141] "Thats my problem, I dont drink enough"
    • Soy (rich in isoflavones) [142]
    • Cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower [143]

Last edited by lovbyts; 11-07-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    If you are trying to bring DHT up, then cut back on the finasteride. I'm surprised it is 18 given that you are on 5mg per day, IIRC.

I THINK I have read that more frequent injections help elevate low SHBG, but man, Google is your friend in this regard because I don't remember for sure.

All things considered, I would say you should feel like a million bucks, going just by the numbers. Did you pull psa?

I get PSA done usually 2x a year just because of all the other test I get done at the GP. Last 5 years it has never been lower than 1.3 or above 2.1. Usually right at 2.0 Range 0.0 - 4.0 ng/mL

Ha, I know what you mean. I use to have all this stuff memorized but Ive forgotten more than I ever knew.

I feel OK but never have enough energy since I was 28 and got Hepatitis B. Doctor said my white blood cell count was so high I should have died. No residual blood issues, not contagious but never got my energy level back. Before I got Hep B I was working out 6 days a week, 2hrs a day and in Great shape. Of course I was only in my 20s. lol

After getting Hep B I lost 40+ lbs in a little over a week and of course most of it was muscle mass. It took about 1yr before I felt even close to OK but couldn't get back into the gym on any regular basis because I would just crash until I started HRT. Only felt about 50% better when I started HRT when I was 45?

Gonna stop the Finistride because its not really making any difference or not much with getting up to pee during the night. Gonna try pumpkin seed extract next for over active bladder. It most likely has something to do with having bladder surgery when I was around 6. That was almost 55 years ago, back in the dark ages. lol That should raise my SHBG and lower my Estradiol a bit.
    Thanks again for clarification and advice. Its always appreciated.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-07-2022 at 11:58 PM.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Lovbyts, what kind of apple cider vinegar gummies do you use, bro?

is it the kind u see on those info mercials and a whopping 200 bucks for a 3 month supply?

or is it more affordable like $25 on amazon dot com ?

thanks in advance

Thread Information