NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Your Thoughts?on a Exercise Program where you shift from 1 exercise to another with--

Your Thoughts?on a Exercise Program where you shift from 1 exercise to another with--

virtrually little or mere seconds of rest?

I think it's called HIIT high intensity training?

Im already familiar with the Mike Mentzer training routine where he does 1 to 2 reps, super heavy, with cheating, and little or no rest (I read those articles he wrote for Weider's mag in the early 80s...

I'm thankfully still natty and still energy drink free, thank God

So, what's the deal with this type of program

1 dude was shown in 1 video, jumping on a stack of cushions and then doing ab crunches and then immediately after dumb lateral raises for his shoulder

Isn't this a recipe for injury?

My knees pop and ankles crack a lot now, but I've noticed that with some barbell squats instead of mere deep knee bends, the popping is less
    I've also added Bovine Collagen after watching Chuck Norris's facebook vid based on Roundhouse something or another, where he Honestly reveals, several key ingredients for healthy aging, including B C

Is this a good program (little or no rest)...and these types of exercises?

From the Weider gold standard school of thought, 1 needs at least 1 minute or rest between exercises

I mean from this going from 1 exercise to another with little or no rest, gets a lot done in a little amount of time and is helpful for those who are busy

But for those over 40 or over 50....

I can imagine getting "jumper's knee" from the 1 above exercise in his video regimen I gave an example of the above

Any thoughts? As in do ample stretching and warm ups before haqnd or where a knee sleeve? etc....

on any of what I've written, (constructive ones) would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post

virtrually little or mere seconds of rest?

I think it's called HIIT high intensity training?

Im already familiar with the Mike Mentzer training routine where he does 1 to 2 reps, super heavy, with cheating, and little or no rest (I read those articles he wrote for Weider's mag in the early 80s...

I'm thankfully still natty and still energy drink free, thank God

So, what's the deal with this type of program

1 dude was shown in 1 video, jumping on a stack of cushions and then doing ab crunches and then immediately after dumb lateral raises for his shoulder

Isn't this a recipe for injury?

My knees pop and ankles crack a lot now, but I've noticed that with some barbell squats instead of mere deep knee bends, the popping is less
    I've also added Bovine Collagen after watching Chuck Norris's facebook vid based on Roundhouse something or another, where he Honestly reveals, several key ingredients for healthy aging, including B C

Is this a good program (little or no rest)...and these types of exercises?

From the Weider gold standard school of thought, 1 needs at least 1 minute or rest between exercises

I mean from this going from 1 exercise to another with little or no rest, gets a lot done in a little amount of time and is helpful for those who are busy

But for those over 40 or over 50....

I can imagine getting "jumper's knee" from the 1 above exercise in his video regimen I gave an example of the above

Any thoughts? As in do ample stretching and warm ups before haqnd or where a knee sleeve? etc....

on any of what I've written, (constructive ones) would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    HIT
    HIIT
    Metcon
    Circuit training
    Mentzer
    Yates' Blood and Guts
    Etc

These are really variations on a theme, but not the same thing. In some cases, they aren't even close enough to be related.

You jump around a bit in your post. But,the bottom line is this:

Pick the training that best meets your goals and you enjoy.

So, is routine A "better" than B? Depends on your goals. Depends on your overall health. Depends on what you enjoy.

"Safe" is subjective in the same way.

It's cool to think about different training styles, but the question of if they are right for you varies.

thanks, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    HIT
    HIIT
    Metcon
    Circuit training
    Mentzer
    Yates' Blood and Guts
    Etc

These are really variations on a theme, but not the same thing. In some cases, they aren't even close enough to be related.

You jump around a bit in your post. But,the bottom line is this:

Pick the training that best meets your goals and you enjoy.

So, is routine A "better" than B? Depends on your goals. Depends on your overall health. Depends on what you enjoy.

"Safe" is subjective in the same way.

It's cool to think about different training styles, but the question of if they are right for you varies.
    one must know themselves and their limits, etc., there are different ways to approach the same results

1 of my personal trainers hurt himself during a construction job and couldn't do a particular leg exercise, but there was another leg exercise, that hit that same area without hurting or making his injury worse

In my opinion, rapidly shifting from 1 exercise to another according to some articles on the web from reputable sources, or rapidly moving the knee from 1 postion to another as in soccer can cause knee injuries or injuries to the groin ligament.

there was a book by this bodybuilder by the name of Darden that had super slow reps with a lower weight that was a healthier approach.

Thread Information