AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Q's and discussion about tamoxifen and letrozole and their possible uses.

Okay my first too questions are simple. First, are either letrozole (Femara) or tamoxifen (Nolvadex ) liver toxic? All my information says nothing about it but i was wondering.
    And is there any amount of time that is is too long to take tamoxifen? With letrozole i would say yes becuase letrozole can have a negative effect on HDL, but tamoxifen can actually improve this.

Can they be taken together? All my info doesnt really talk about the combined use of these 2 together too much, they more discuss tamoxifen and clomid together in more depth. Im guessing they probably can. I think it might be safer becuase tamoxifen has a better effect on cholesteral and letrozole a negative one.

Has anyone ever used either tamoxifen or letrozole, without steroids just to "harden up" and not part of PCT course?

Now heres the thing with tamoxifen. The stuff works by blocking the estrogen recptor site, correct? So therefore what happens to all that circulating estrogen? It must build up right? So can you be susesptable to gyno after discontinuing tamoxifen?
    Such would not be a concern with letrozole because it stops aromatase in the first place. One information source said that tamoxifen can, though rare, increase estrogen. This makes perfect sense to me and im supprized that occurance is rare. So basically, would it be best to taper off tamoxifen very very slowly, so that you don't get hit with a big rush of estrogen?

BUDGIE is offline Associate Member
    i cananswer ur 1st question . In the info leaflet u get with tamoxifen it says it is not harsh on the liver

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks budgie

n e 1 else?

Thread Information