• 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By maglincer
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By Chark
  • 1 Post By maglincer

Thread: Finasteride induced gyno getting worse on raloxifene- please read

maglincer is offline New Member

Finasteride induced gyno getting worse on raloxifene- please read

Hi all, For the past month or two Ive been taking 120mg then 60mg of raloxifene to try and reduce my gyno that I got from taking finasteride years ago. The raloxifene is making my gyno a lot less hard and a lot softer but its actually getting bigger! Also I have very low body fat so its not pseudo gyno. Im taking taking aromasin at the moment and no steroids . Has this happened to anyone else with raloxifene? Would trying nolvadex help or is that a waste of time. Thanks guys.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I think there may be something to finasteride-induced gyno. I was taking finasteride 1mg EOD, and then changed it to 0.5 mg ED. After a few weeks I've noticed some chest sensitivity (very mild) and fullness surrounding the nipple area. I lowered my TRT dose from 175 to 125 mg before that, so I shouldn't be aromatizing as much. I know that when playing with hormones, changes in routine can cause flare ups, and so, I'm waiting this one out.

For you, I'd recommend full blood work on all relevant hormones, if you haven't already done so. You don't want to be taking aromas if you don't need to, only to experience a rebound estrogenic effect.
    David LoPan and Chark like this.

Thanks for the reply. My doctor said gyno is a known symptom of taking finasteride. Thanks for the advice Ill get some blood work done.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maglincer View Post
    Thanks for the reply. My doctor said gyno is a known symptom of taking finasteride. Thanks for the advice Ill get some blood work done.
    Post back your findings, I'm curious about this topic.

Side effects of Propecia include:

impotence,
    loss of interest in sex,
    trouble having an orgasm,
    abnormal ejaculation,
    swelling in your hands or feet,
    swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
    dizziness,
    weakness,
    feeling like you might pass out,
    headache,
    runny nose, or
    skin rash.

https://www.rxlist.com/propecia-side...rug-center.htm

I am lucky enough to not have MPB...

Chark is offline Member
    Are you still taking finasteride? It wasn't quite clear to me in the OP if you still are or just had years ago. I think I would continue with the raloxifene, i'm not sure nolvadex would be beneficial or necessary on top or in replacement of as raloxifene has been shown to be much for efficacious for shrinking gyno. Definitely get the bloodwork as others have stated.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I just shaved my head and grew a beard. Who cares about hair? You have to pay to have it cut, pay to style it, pay for shampoos, have bed head, and the list goes on.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Nah Im not taking finasteride anymore just oral minoxidil for my hair loss. It works nearly as well anyway.

Chark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I just shaved my head and grew a beard. Who cares about hair? You have to pay to have it cut, pay to style it, pay for shampoos, have bed head, and the list goes on.
    Same could be said about my ornamental muscle I pay in time, health, and money to maintain
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    <Edit out my rant against finasteride >

All that said, have you checked your prolactin? That could be causing your issues, and should definitely be included in your blood work. I'm really only throwing that out as raloxifene normally deals with gyno pretty well, but yours seems like an odd case.
    I will be getting blood work next week at the advice of this thread. Do you know if raloxifene is known to cause increased prolactin levels? I read one study just before that said 2 of the patients had up to a 46% increase in prolactin but most had a decrease.

Last thing, how do I go about asking for blood work? What things do I ask for? I live in Australia and dont have a very good doctor.

Chark is offline Member
    It's too bad you and Cylon are in diff countries because Cylon is one of the best on this forum to talk to about this kind of thing. He knows his shit.

I got my bloods tested today which were for estrogen, total / free testosterone and prolactin levels. Should I have gotten anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Yes, DHT. I can't believe I didn't mention it. Anytime you are dealing with finasteride or dutasteride, pull your DHT.
    I took the finasteride about 5 years ago, would the DHT levels still be affected?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	results.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	181067 Here are the results from my blood work. My prolactin seems to be right near the high of the reference range. Can someone give me their opinion?
    Chark likes this.

Thread Information