Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HCG (Pregnyl) FAQ

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member

HCG (Pregnyl) FAQ

Note: I got this FAQ from a different board, only Q#6,7,9,10,11 were added and written by me x_moe and few others that were edited to give you more info., hope you find this helpful.

1)What is HCG ?
    Hcg stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin .

2)Where does hcg come from?
    It is extracted from the urine of pregnant women.

3)Is hcg a scheduled medication?
    No, its similar to clomid and liquidex as far as US laws go. However you would need a prescription to purchase legally in the US.

4)What is hcg normally used for?
    It is used to help females get pregnant, and can be used to stimulate testosterone production in males.

5)How does hcg work?
    Hcg mimics LH(leutenizing hormone). The presence of LH causes the Leydig cells in the gonads to produce testosterone. This effect also restores the size of the testes rather quickly if they were suppressed from a cycle.

6)What should hcg be used for?
    Hcg is commonly used by bodybuilders on either very heavy or very long cycles, when the hpta gets severely suppressed. Although hcg can be used in almost any cycle, the benefits are most pronounced on heavy/long ones.

7)How do you take it?
    You can take it IM or Sub-q.

8)Can I use hcg only for Pct?
    No you shouldn't. It is better than nothing, but clomid or nolva are far better plans. Since hcg mimics lh, your body wont begin producing its own lh, as it sees no need to because test levels are high. You stop the hcg, your balls stop making test until your body begins producing adequate levels of its own lh, and that may take a while if you don't use clomid or nolvadex to stimulate lh production. The use of Clomid or Nolvadex should also be continued at least 2 weeks after hcg is discontinued to avoid the hcg causing problems.

9)Can I use hcg during cycle and when?
    Yes you can, imo to best benefit from Hcg is to run it by the last 3-4 weeks of your steroid cycle. Do not run hcg if your getting signs of gyno, hcg will make it worst, so becarful.

10)How much Hcg is needed during cycle and/or pct?
    For pct a minimum of 10,000iu's hcg is needed. When you have a proper pct planned with a serm and an AI, and you want to run hcg during the last 4 weeks of your cycle, then you might only need 5,000iu's.
    An anti-estrogen (Nolva, etc.) is to be used with hcg during your last 4 weeks of cycle.

11)What dose do you run hcg at?
    Hcg is best dosed at 500iu and/or 1000iu, more than that can cause too much aromatization, and some people wont react to less than 500iu. So during the last 4 weeks of a cycle, you shoot 500iu of hcg twice a week or 1000iu once a week. For pct, 500iu ed or 1000iu eod.

12)Can hcg be used w/out steroids to boost test production above baseline?
    Yes. It is not recommended however. Continued use of hcg will desensitize the leydig cells to lh, meaning once you stop using the hcg as an artificial lh, you will crash bad. The natural lh production once restored by using nolvadex or clomid, may not be as effective as it once was. To boost natural test above baseline, anastrozole, nolvadex and clomid are better choices.

13)How long does hcg boost testosterone for?
    Hcg can boost testosterone for up to 5 days following the last dose, although the drugs halflife is very short, and its no longer active at that point.

14)Can hcg cause gyno?
    Yes. Estrogen is elevated by two ways from hcg use. Primarily from the sharp rise in testosterone, which allows more testosterone to aromatize to estrogen. Secondly hcg can cause a small amount of estrogen to be produced which is not from the result of aromatizing, and this is the reason that a combination of an anti aromatize such as liquidex/arimidex /letrozole and a estrogen receptor blocker such as nolvadex are ideally used. The nolvadex may also offer some additional benefit to help avoid a negative estrogen feedback to the hpta during hcg therapy, which would otherwise slightly lessen the effectiveness of the therapy.

15)How does hcg come packaged?
    You get 2 vials or amps, 1 has the powdered hcg in it, and the other has a diluent in it(solvent). The diluent is typically bacteriostatic water, or sterile water w/ .09% sodium chloride. ***ending on the brand and version, the package commonly comes w/ enough diluent to make concentrations ranging from 250-10,000iu per ml.

If your package is 5000iu, and you add 1ml diluent, you have 5000iu per ml.
    If you add 5ml diluent, you final mix is then 1000iu per ml.
    If you add 10ml diluent, then 500iu per ml and so on.

This is simple math, and you don't wanna screw it up, know what dose you are taking!

If your package doesn't include enough diluent to make the concentration you want, you have 2 options to make it easy to accurately measure your doses.

1-buy some insulin syringes, U-100 type. On the graduated markings, the 100iu mark is equal to 1ml, the 50iu is .5ml etc. THIS DOES NOT MEAN IF YOU FILL IT TO THE 100IU MARK THAT YOU ARE TAKING 100IU OF HCG! Iu's are not a measurement of volume or weight, they are a measure of effectiveness for a desired response from specific drugs/compounds. Every compound is different. These are insulin syringes, and they are made for insulin-not hcg. Insulin is the same iu concentration per ml everytime(if its u100 type), hcg is not. Imagine if you made your hcg 10,000iu per ml. if you fill the insulin syringe up to 100iu mark, you now have 10,000iu in there! Not good. You must understand this.
    So if you had 5000iu per ml, and wanted to take a 500iu shot, you would inject 10iu on the insulin syringe scale.

2-buy some bacteriostatic water off the internet, its easily found. Simply add more to dilute it to the desired conscentration. Making lower concentrations are easier and more accurately dosed. Then it can accurately be measured w/ a regular syringe.

Mix the two together, they dissolve very easily. Hcg can be very unstable and to make sure to not shake it and let it foam.... Be careful when reconsituting it . Be gentle and run the bac water down the side of the vial not allowing to foam up... Keep things sterile folks. Unused hcg can be refrigerated and is ok to use within 30 days after the initial mixing.

Remember: Store hcg at controlled room temperature (59° to 86°F)(15° to 30°C). After reconstituting store in refrigerator (36° to 46°F) (2° to 8°C).

Absorption
    A detectable rise in hcg is seen in 2 h; peak levels are reached in 6 h and remain at this level for 36 h.

Elimination
    hcg levels begin to decline at 48 h and approach baseline at 72 h.
    Last edited by x_moe; 08-28-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    BB14, blackj, devil-1986 and 1 others like this.

Atomini is offline Banned
    This advocates HCG taken EVERY DAY? I thought it should be used once every 5-7 days, otherwise you desensitize the leydig?

I'm confused, because i've read all kinds of articles that say take it every day, then others that say once every 4 days, and then others that say once every week (once every 7 days) along with varying doses between all. Some say 500iu per shot, others say 1000iu. I know everybody responds differently to different doses, but anyhow... i'm mainly wondering about the frequency of the shots. So, what's the deal?
    Last edited by Atomini; 03-23-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    This advocates HCG taken EVERY DAY? I thought it should be used once every 5-7 days, otherwise you desensitize the leydig?

I'm confused, because i've read all kinds of articles that say take it every day, then others that say once every 4 days, and then others that say once every week (once every 7 days) along with varying doses between all. Some say 500iu per shot, others say 1000iu. I know everybody responds differently to different doses, but anyhow... i'm mainly wondering about the frequency of the shots. So, what's the deal?
    when your doing 500iu shots its best to take everday, 1000iu eod, 1500iu e3d, 2000iu and more will be shot between every 5-7 days.
    devil-1986 likes this.

acciaio is offline Associate Member
    I bump this one... It is usefull and i wanna give credit to the author for the effort in writing...

Atomini is offline Banned
    ANyone know where other HCG FAQs can be found?
    Last edited by Atomini; 03-29-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acciaio
    I bump this one... It is usefull and i wanna give credit to the author for the effort in writing...
    great
    Last edited by x_moe; 05-23-2007 at 11:41 PM.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    great info! thanks x moe for all ur work!

The_Canibal is offline Member
    bump this one ...good info ...

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Could have used this a while ago, this should be a sticky

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    this is accurate. STICKY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you can run HCG any way you want. As long as total blood levels dont go too high, which causes desensitization. i would run 250iuED for the first 2 weeks of PCT to be safe, and run Nolva and Aromasin 2-4 weeks longer. IMO anyway.

~DB~

Bump

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    err.... 123 make this sticky

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Killer Thread Bro!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^to the top

bump

kal300 is offline Junior Member
    great Info.....bump

Decoder is offline Banned
    great post!

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    sticky this

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    bump

YOKED is offline New Member
    So when are u guys starting the therapy. I am on my 3rd week of teste/deca .
    1cc of deca, 1.5 of test e. I have enough gear for 14 weeks. Should I start the HCG 4 weeks before my last shot? Then add the Clomid and nolvadex 2weeks after that?
    And the CLomid and Nolvadex pills should be started when?
    HCG, Nolvadex and Clomid is what I have been told to use. Anyone have better results using different stuff?

runakid is offline Junior Member
    i bought my wife some Hcg , she was going to a weight loss doctor for this stuff and he was charging 12.00$ a shot, for 10 shots... so i told her i would look into getting some from my bro.. the problem i came across is that the doctor told her she was taking .35 IU’S PER SHOT how do i break that down from 5000ius???/

or what would be a good dosage for her to lose weight...???

He's giving her hcg to lose weight ? i never heared of that before

Bigshred is offline New Member
    Just curious, if hcg is not a scheduled medication than does any research companies carry it? If so, who?

S431M7 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    ANyone know where other HCG FAQs can be found?
    Yea, I would also like to know..

yeah its a weight loss center, and she takes them in her stomach, from what i hear she says alot of women go there to get shots to shrink the stomach fat..

Quote Originally Posted by runakid
    yeah its a weight loss center, and she takes them in her stomach, from what i hear she says alot of women go there to get shots to shrink the stomach fat..
    yes hcg can be injected into fat cells, are you sayin that it burns the fat of where you inject it ? get more info about this if you can, its very interesting.

juju is offline Associate Member

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    What's the best way to store HCG ?

fridge

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Good thread x moe. I wanted to point out that hcg can be very unstable and to make sure to not shake it and let it foam.... Be careful when reconsituting it . Be gentle and run the bac water down the side of the vial not allowing to foam up...

Might want to consider adding this to your original post.....

Merc

added, thanks merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    yes hcg can be injected into fat cells, are you sayin that it burns the fat of where you inject it ? get more info about this if you can, its very interesting.
    X moe , Please keep in mind that bodybuilders in the 80's used hcg for weight loss. It does not work as an spot inject but rather has an effect on the hypothalamus .. Do some research on Dr Simeon ( not sure on spelling) he did alot of research on using hcg to cure obesity more than 20 years ago . Look for his article called pounds and inches ( can find it free online) that fool Kevin trudeau stole his research and has a book out also but that dude joke) Dr Simeon did research in Rome hospital for about 25 years with some of the most respected endos and all kinds of other docs.. This protocol would not benefit a BB in anyway but is geared towards treating obesity . To be an effective protocol the patient must follow a very strict low cal diet( like 500 cals ) eating certain exact foods while using hcg to reset the hypothalamus ... Very low cals must be consumed to make the hcg an effective weight loss protocol .. It actually some pretty interesting stuff check it outr when you have time. Weight loss clincs in the USA have been using similar hcg protocols to Dr Simeon's for many years .. I cant believe you never heard of body builders in the 80's using hcg for fat loss...

Merc
    Last edited by Merc..; 08-11-2007 at 01:52 PM.

I havent to tell you the truth, but ive been doin its research on weight loss for the last week, and yes now i understand how it works as a weight loss agent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    I havent to tell you the truth, but ive been doin its research on weight loss for the last week, and yes now i understand how it works as a weight loss agent.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I read somewhere that HCG is considered a steroid now according to law so it doesn't fall into the same catagory as most other PCT compounds. Any idea?

HS3
    HS3 is offline New Member
    just wanting to know if HCG NEEDS to be stored in the fridge??? I mean i have room for it, but i like to keep my personal items separated from my food... i know its not a big deal, but can anyone confirm this for me? its not like i don't have room in the fridge lol .. just to keep it out of view thats all ..

also, if im doing 500 iu 2x a week for the remaining 4 weeks of treatment, when would be best to take it? a sunday/wednesday type deal ?? or thats to closely spread out ?

tips appreciated!

HS3

well when my wife got some the doctoer told her to store it in the fridge, no explanation for it.. i guess it would stay fresh longer !! ha ha ha ha.. serious the doc didnt give a reason, i suppose room temp may do something to it like antibotics liquid

Blog Entries
    Bacteria can form in it ( after it is mixed) so keeping it in the fridge is required...

Merc.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information