brettr is offline New Member

doctors veiw on pct

so i went to my doctor trying to score some stuff for my low testosterone , he said more tests are nessecary, but its been 2 years so i just told him iam ready to treat myself, so i asked him about pct and he looked in shock, he told me anyone on testosterone just stops the drug and your body envetully restores to normal levels,i asked him about clomid, novledex, hgc, and others he said those are some nasty drugs with bad sides, as he stated those are worse then taking steroids , now is my doc a dummy or is this true to a point

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    he is just not educated on the topic.. not many doctors (GP's) are..

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    your doc is clueless look up all those drugs on-line and you can see that although a women drug the have many uses for men....its classified as off label

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    My doctor had also not heard of "PCT", and was skeptical. The whole concept is more devised by internet message boards than by the medical community, and is totally unstudied and unproven. After experimenting with myself and getting blood work done over the years I'm also starting to doubt the usefulness of PCT drugs to restore natural test. After 6 weeks of aromasin and nolvadex , my test was still just 186.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by brettr View Post
    so i went to my doctor trying to score some stuff for my low testosterone, he said more tests are nessecary, but its been 2 years so i just told him iam ready to treat myself, so i asked him about pct and he looked in shock, he told me anyone on testosterone just stops the drug and your body envetully restores to normal levels,i asked him about clomid, novledex, hgc, and others he said those are some nasty drugs with bad sides, as he stated those are worse then taking steroids, now is my doc a dummy or is this true to a point
    You in the UK?

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    My doctor had also not heard of "PCT", and was skeptical. The whole concept is more devised by internet message boards than by the medical community, and is totally unstudied and unproven. After experimenting with myself and getting blood work done over the years I'm also starting to doubt the usefulness of PCT drugs to restore natural test. After 6 weeks of aromasin and nolvadex, my test was still just 186.
    try clomid , nolvadex never ever did anything as far as raising my natty test.

Thats just me.

clomid + HCG is perfect in my opinion , maybe an AI if you feel the need.

give it a try its worth it bro.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    My doctor had also not heard of "PCT", and was skeptical. The whole concept is more devised by internet message boards than by the medical community, and is totally unstudied and unproven. After experimenting with myself and getting blood work done over the years I'm also starting to doubt the usefulness of PCT drugs to restore natural test. After 6 weeks of aromasin and nolvadex, my test was still just 186.
    Where did your Nolva/Aromasin come from?

What exactly have you taken, at what doses, for how long? SERMs and cycles?

Because SERMs and AI's DO raise endogenous testosterone in patients.

There are hundreds of studies on hypogondal men given SERMs and even AI's to raise ganadotropins.
    Last edited by Swifto; 01-21-2009 at 08:47 AM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    hmmm ive personally come off of 16 week cycles and gotten bloodwork and had my test in normal range within 2 weeks post pct (mulitiple times - albeit lower at times than others - still in the normal range ) .....so i tend to believe in it. Oh and pct has been around alot longer than internet message boards were popular btw.......

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know for a fact pct helps recovery. Some doctors just dont know what they are talking about.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    you know i must have the coolest doc there is. Been going to him for years. I tell him openly and freely what im doing (prefaced with ok close the notebook now doc...years ago - now its not even necessary) ive had 2 job changes - 3 changes in health insurance providers with no issues... he helps me with blood work results. I told him about pct a few years ago and he was very intrigued and said some of it makes some sense to him(didnt expand). I dunno ...im lucky i suppose...last thing you might expect from an old school doc ....I'll be pissed/disappointed when he retires....

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brettr View Post
    so i went to my doctor trying to score some stuff for my low testosterone, he said more tests are nessecary, but its been 2 years so i just told him iam ready to treat myself, so i asked him about pct and he looked in shock, he told me anyone on testosterone just stops the drug and your body envetully restores to normal levels,i asked him about clomid, novledex, hgc, and others he said those are some nasty drugs with bad sides, as he stated those are worse then taking steroids, now is my doc a dummy or is this true to a point
    complete dummys, here is the prob (i am not a doc) the drugs clomid and novledex, are used for totally dif things than what we uses them for ... and they dont know how to think out of the box about WHAT the drugs do... they have no idea how to combat estrogen or gyno... and if you asked about those they will say that is why you shouldnt use aas. i just got done with that whole conversation with my endo doc (by the way that is who you need to talk to... and endo doc) he laughed at me and said i have no idea what i am talking about (dosage and pct) yet he is a diebetic and 80 lbs over weight and has seen the inside of a gym his hole life.

do a google search for "med doc on line" or some sight that will tell you about the two drugs c and n.

the test you want are:

free test
    bound test
    pituritary gland out put
    thiroid
    liver

that will tell them what you need, if you need any thing...

good luck

Thread Information