LizzardSecond is offline Associate Member

Bad acne!!!!!!!!!

This is my third cycle.

My first cycle was 625mg of Sustonon for 12 weeks
    Second cycle was 500mg of Enathenate for 12 weeks
    Third cycle is 750mg of test and 400mg of Deca for 16 weeks

I am always prone to acne during my cycles. My first cycle came at week 8 and was terrible. My second cycle started at week 8 again and was not so bad but it did happen.

This time it happened in week 5. This time its weird. Its on my arms just about all the way down to my elbows but the area's that it has appeared before are not quite as bad. I look like an alien its that bad. Hundreds of small bumps and no white heads.

SHould i take an AI. I have Aromasin on hand. I have 12.5mg tabs. Half of the 25's.

What should I do?

Can someone please help

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzardSecond View Post
    Can someone please help
    sounds like you're going to need some accutane..

20mg ED should suffice..

Anti-bacterial body-wash might help as well, that's OTC.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    I've heard that Vitamin-A can help with this. Also try .25mg Adex/day....JMO

I am taking antibiotics for it. I am also using benzole peroxide wash. Nothing helps. Should I use an AI

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    did they give you tetracycline or something like that ?....

premedreject is offline Associate Member
    could you take a picture? it can't be that bad can it?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I am taking antibiotics for it. I am also using benzole peroxide wash. Nothing helps. Should I use an AI
    Yes.

Estrogen is a contributing factor to acne. Controlling it may reduce it, but there are also other factors, such as DHT.

I do know of cases (at other boards) where using an AI has totally prevented acne in acne prone individuals.

I'd use 25mg/ED for 7-10 days, then down to 12.5mg/ED.

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

The antibiotics that they have given me is Doxycycline 100mg.

If you look at the pic of me you can see it everywhere, easier to see when blown up, and this was at the end of my last cycle. It is currently worst than that.

I currently only have 15 25mg pills. This will last me about two weeks with that schedule.
    Should I purchase LiquiDex. I am sure you guys know the supplier that bottles there Arimidex under that name. Its the only supplier I know that carries the Arimidex.

Thanks Guys.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Ok gang...this is the first time I have seen an AI as a acne preventer...hmmmm. I have femara tablets that are about a year old, quite frankly, I bought them as AE in case I couldn't get tamoxifen .

Would you use Femara as a suppliment to your cycle or PCT or both? Damn...maybe this is why I have a hard time recovering.....

The Doxy will help, but may take a little while.

If you want to clear it up pretty quickly, you need Accutane. It cleared mine up (and it was BAD) in 4-5 weeks at 20-40mg/ED.

Dont consume alcohol or sunbathe on them though. No other 17aa's when taking above 20mg/ED of Accutane.

This is my third cycle.

My first cycle was 625mg of Sustonon for 12 weeks
    Second cycle was 500mg of Enathenate for 12 weeks
    Third cycle is 750mg of test and 400mg of Deca for 16 weeks

I am always prone to acne during my cycles. My first cycle came at week 8 and was terrible. My second cycle started at week 8 again and was not so bad but it did happen.

This time it happened in week 5. This time its weird. Its on my arms just about all the way down to my elbows but the area's that it has appeared before are not quite as bad.
    I look like an alien its that bad. Hundreds of small bumps and no white heads.

SHould i take an AI. I have Aromasin on hand. I have 12.5mg tabs. Half of the 25's.

What should I do?
    Then why dont you take preventative measures? I've done nothing but play with compounds on their own in 3 years to see which androgens give me acne and which dont.

You could also cycle and use 10mg/ED Accutane on cycle, but BW needs to be done every 4-5 weeks IMHO.

Always use an AI and control estrogen. The worst compound for me is any Testosterone preperation, although I havent tried anything very androgenic as I think I already know the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Then why dont you take preventative measures? I've done nothing but play with compounds on their own in 3 years to see which androgens give me acne and which dont.

You could also cycle and use 10mg/ED Accutane on cycle, but BW needs to be done every 4-5 weeks IMHO.

Always use an AI and control estrogen. The worst compound for me is any Testosterone preperation, although I havent tried anything very androgenic as I think I already know the outcome.
    Swifto,

When you say 'alwasy use an AI', do you mean during a cycle, during PCT, or both?

How does an AI affect your libido?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy View Post
    Swifto,

When you say 'alwasy use an AI', do you mean during a cycle, during PCT, or both?

How does an AI affect your libido?

Thanks!
    Use an AI during your cycle to control estrogen. Using an AI during PCT is counter productive IMHO as estrogen is already low due to low testosterone output. But if you use HCG during PCT (I dont advise it) use an AI.

Thanks for the info bro...

Chief N~ is offline New Member
    For god's sake do not use accutane. WTF? That shit will mess you up. Lowered my test levels tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief N~ View Post
    For god's sake do not use accutane. WTF? That shit will mess you up. Lowered my test levels tremendously.
    For the sake of clearing up acne, its the best compound to use bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief N~ View Post
    How do you know is lowered serum T?

1: Acta Derm Venereol. 1997 Sep;77(5):394-6.Links

Isotretinoin, tetracycline and circulating hormones in acne.

Palatsi R, Ruokonen A, Oikarinen A.
    Department of Dermatology, University Central Hospital, Oulu, Finland.

Isotretinoin, used to treat severe acne, has been shown to induce hormonal changes, especially to reduce 5 alpha-reductase in the production of the tissue-derived dihydrotestosterone (DHT) metabolite 3 alpha-Adiol G. However, the effects of isotretinoin on other pituitary, adrenal or gonadal hormones have not been thoroughly elucidated. In the present study, isotretinoin administered at a dose of 0.5 mg/kg/day for 4 weeks caused no marked changes in the serum levels of pituitary, adrenal or gonadal hormones or 3 alpha-Adiol G in patients with severe papulopustulotic acne (n = 19). After 12 weeks of therapy, there was a decrease in the levels of the precursor androgens androstenedione, testosterone and 3 alpha-Adiol G in 6/9 patients. Acne improved after 4.5 months in all but 2 male patients, who had very low serum hormone binding globulins (SHBG) and a high free androgen index (FAI). Isotretinoin did not affect the elevated LH/FSH ratio in a patient with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS); nor did it change the high FAI or low SHBG in the male patients. For comparison, tetracycline had no effects on the serum hormonal levels of patients with mild acne (n = 19) after 7 days of treatment. This study confirms that the effects of isotretinoin on the serum hormone levels are small and unlikely to be of relevance for the resolution of acne or the suppression of sebum excretion.

PMID: 9298137 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

1: Arch Dermatol. 1988 Apr;124(4):540-3. Links
    Effect of isotretinoin on serum levels of precursor and peripherally derived androgens in patients with acne.Lookingbill DP, Demers LM, Tigelaar RE, Shalita AR.
    Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.

Sebaceous glands are stimulated by androgens and can convert them to more active forms. Isotretinoin, however, has a profound inhibitory effect on sebaceous gland size and function. This study evaluated the effect of isotretinoin on serum levels of precursor and tissue-derived androgens. Twenty-four subjects (15 men and nine women) were treated for 20 weeks with 1 mg/kg/d of isotretinoin. Serum samples were obtained at baseline, 8, 16, and 24 weeks, and assayed for precursor androgens--total testosterone (TT), free testosterone (free T), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S); and tissue androgens--dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and its metabolite, 3 alpha-androstanediol glucuronide (3 alpha-diol G). Isotretinoin had no meaningful effects on precursor androgens, except for producing an elevation of free T in women. In contrast, isotretinoin produced depressions in the serum levels of DHT and 3 alpha-diol G in women and in 3 alpha-diol G in men. These decreases are believed to be the result, rather than the cause, of a reduction in the size of the sebaceous glands: The magnitude of the observed decreases may represent the amount of tissue-derived androgens that sebaceous glands normally contribute to the circulating pool.

That's the first time I heard that Accutaine lowers test

I believe the result is that the effect is very low and not that big of a deal.

My doctor prescribed
    amox tr-k clv antibiotics 500mg 2x per day

ery 2% pads. 2x per day.
    Last edited by LizzardSecond; 09-16-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Update. The acne is better but still not good. The size of each one is much smaller but there mostly all there.

Going to try and find accutane

Update. The acne is better but still not good. The size of each one is much smaller but there mostly all there.

Going to try and find accutane
    Doxy will take months, not week to clear it up. But it will eventually.

Get some Nizoral shampoo also. Wash the area EOD or E3D. Apply the shampoo and leave it to soak for 3-5 mins. Using it too often will irritate the skin. It helped me also.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Yes.

Estrogen is a contributing factor to acne. Controlling it may reduce it, but there are also other factors, such as DHT.

I do know of cases (at other boards) where using an AI has totally prevented acne in acne prone individuals.

I'd use 25mg/ED for 7-10 days, then down to 12.5mg/ED.

swifto, thats cool. i never heard of using an AI to prevent acne during cycle. however there are people who dont experience acne until pct. you said it was counter productive to use an AI during pct.

what do you think would be the best thing to prevent it during pct or is it a roll of the dice?

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    bump

Thread Information