crionics is offline New Member

Standard PCT Vs Test Taper Protocol

I will be placing my first order coming up, and I haven't seen anything here about using Test Taper. Does anybody have any experience. Using test-taper appeals to me b/c nolva had a pretty big effect on my blood sugar last time. Nothing I couldn't control, but still would rather not deal with that again.

I assume since standard PCT is all I see recommended here, it is normally the best option.

Stats:

30yo
    Lifting 8 years
    6'-0", 210lbs @ 12%
    Cycle experience - one H-drol cycle w/ nolva PCT

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    No need to taper test at the end of your cycle.

It will basically self taper, as you wait for the ester to clear before starting PCT.

By test taper, I mean using a stasis period while waiting for the test to clear the body as would normally be done, then starting with a physiological dose and tapering off to allow HPTA to take over in lieu of using a SERM.
    Last edited by crionics; 10-25-2010 at 01:20 PM.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crionics View Post
    By test taper, I mean using a stasis period while waiting for the test to clear the body as would normally be done, then starting with a physiological dose and tapering off to allow HPTA to take over in lieu of using a SERM.
    Well, yes, of course.

You don't want to start PCT while the hormone is still active.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crionics View Post
    double post....

Here is an excerpt from another forum that explains better what I am referring to. Maybe this isn't as popular a subject as I thought...

This is the protocol:

Following the cycle use a 4-6 week waiting period also refered to as 'stasis period' by somebody.

4 weeks if you are using esters such as propinate.

esters such as cypionate and enanthate are in the middle - 4-6 week waiting period - your decision as it is a tough call. I prefer more weeks then less.

6 week waiting period for esters such as decanoate -i.e. deca .

During the waiting period you should taper off any aromatase inhibitors you are using - basically get rid of all drugs in your system besides testosterone .

Once the waiting period is over, then gradually reduce the dose weekly for 6 weeks untill you are off.

I preffer injecting enanthate twice per week as my ester of choice. But you can use propinate or sustenon as well, just devide it into 3 doses per week.

Once the taper starts, that is around the time you would start using a serm if you are going to use one.

You can taper without a serm and still be successfull doing so.

the research showed no hpta suppression while using a serm and low dose testosterone - 100mg per week

It also showed no hpta suppression with no serm use while using 25mg of testosterone enanthate per week.

So as i said it is possible to taper with our without a serm successfully.

If you are using HCG during the cycle to maintain testicular size and function - you must stop HCG at the end of your cycle and by hcg free throughout the waiting period.

So to put it all together using testosterone enanthatate dose split into biweekly injections:

Cycle ends, stop hcg if using,

start Waiting peroid:

Week 1-6 or 1-4: Test E 100mg per week
    Taper off Arimidex or femara fully by week 3

Taper phase:

week 1-6

mg/ week: 80mg / 60mg/ 50mg/ 40mg/ 30 mg/ 20mg.

Start your Serm (nolva or clomid) at the begining of the taper if you choose to do so.
    I was planning on trying this my first cycle since a SERM isn't necessary using this protocol...I understand the protocol, but just wanted some feedback from another group of experienced users.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Dr. Crisler (Swale), who's also an Endocrinologist I'd like to add, told me in an email the HPTA will not begin endogenous androgen output until a near an almost hypogondal state. Meaning, it wont start natural testosterone levels until almost ALL of the AAS have cleared. Which totally f*cks this tapering method sideways.

I taper because of acne, but I dont taper because of the effects (or lack of) on the HPTA.

Cool...thanks for the info.

Thread Information