MickeyKnox is offline Banned

Question Aromasin(stane) in PCT?

my question is fairly specific but i could not find an answer after searching.

standard oct dictates that aromasin is generally 12.5eod, or ed for matter, to control sides (estrogen)..ok fair enough. and standard pct dictates clomid and nolva at standard dosing. ok fair enough. i understand what each compound does and why it is used and the difference between a SERM and an AI. check.

my question is, if aromasin is a type I suicide inhibitor, what is preventing rebound of estrogen in the pct if aromasin in not included in pct? i'm obviously missing something and quite frankly i'm embarrassed i'm unable to locate the answer myself. a link would be great.

thanks for any help.

135 views and nobody has a comment? i hope a vet chimes in. (except for slfmade..he's too busy counting his money..lol)

crispyCraka is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, this is not an answer, just a newb question, if you'd be so kind to answer. What does "standard oct" mean? I've seen "oct" used elsewhere, but I'm not sure what it stands for. Thanks.

V-ROID is offline Member
    OTC means over the counter but I think he meant PCT...

crispyCraka is offline Junior Member
    Ah, got it. I thought it was an abbreviation since it was small caps, rather than an acronym. Lol, thanks!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    pct = post cycle therapy

otc = on cycle therapy

V-ROID is offline Member
    Ah... Then the OP question makes sense and I would like to hear the answer too.

wow, did i "stump the band" with this question? what did i win Johnny?

still haven't found anything concrete..just speculation at this point.

and yes, oct = on cycle therapy.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Nolva binds to the Estrogen receptors, preventing an Estrogen rebound.
    Clomid alone can as u say cause a rebound. (Or not prevent a rebound)
    Aromasin will do nothing to stimulate your HPTA, but in the lack of Nolva u cold use Aromasin if you feel this would be an issue.
    Clomid has a shorter half-life than Nolva, so Nolva will be active a few days after you end Clomid, it is however advisable to run Nolva an additional week past ending Clomid just for this reason u are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Nolva binds to the Estrogen receptors, preventing an Estrogen rebound.
    Clomid alone can as u say cause a rebound. (Or not prevent a rebound)
    Aromasin will do nothing to stimulate your HPTA, but in the lack of Nolva u cold use Aromasin if you feel this would be an issue.
    Clomid has a shorter half-life than Nolva, so Nolva will be active a few days after you end Clomid, it is however advisable to run Nolva an additional week past ending Clomid just for this reason u are asking.
    understood everything you said. my pct is fine and i am not questioning it. and i totally agree that clomid and nolva belong in pct and have clearly demonstrated to be effective at balancing e2 levels and controlling sides. but i'm just putting a question out there that was asked of me which i really didn't have a solid answer that could explain WHAT is preventing rebound in pct if aromasin is omitted.

pilotR1 is offline Junior Member
    in layman's terms... when you're on cycle, you are injecting test, there is more test than your body needs, so it begins a counter action, which is converting extra test to estrogen. that is why you take aromasin to begin with, to inhibit the production of estrogen from conversion (some convert very little, some a lot, some don't at all btw, everyone reacts differently). when you're done injecting, you don't have access of test, in fact, the cycle shuts down your endo test production, therefore you don't need to keep blocking production of estrogen, you want your natty estrogen and test to come back to normal levels, and that is why you do pct with clomid and/or other goodies.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    understood everything you said. my pct is fine and i am not questioning it. and i totally agree that clomid and nolva belong in pct and have clearly demonstrated to be effective at balancing e2 levels and controlling sides. but i'm just putting a question out there that was asked of me which i really didn't have a solid answer that could explain WHAT is preventing rebound in pct if aromasin is omitted.
    Ah...Nothing.

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Should aromasin be used throghout pct following a basic test cycle? I've been researching and read in a few places that this is tha ai that should be used during pct alongside nolvadex . However, i'm also sure that i've read that an ai shouldn't be used during pct.

Which is more likely to be correct?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    if ur on a cycle, then aromasin is the way to go... but not for PCT. nolva and clomid is for PCT.

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    if ur on a cycle, then aromasin is the way to go... but not for PCT. nolva and clomid is for PCT.
    Thanks bro. Anyone disagree though bacause as i've said, i've read in numerous places that aromasin and
    a serm (particularly nolva) are almost perfect during pct. Something to do with aromasin being a suicide inhibitor and no rebound as stated by MickeyKnox earlier.

Thread Information