StickyNicky is offline Associate Member

Nolva vs. Nolva/Clomid

Let's end the debate here. Should a PCT consist of Nolva only or Nolva and Clomid.

Beroo is offline Junior Member
    Not sure if srs. Obviously it depends on the amount of compounds, cycle length, compound used, dosage, etc. Why would clomid ever be bought if it wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beroo
    Not sure if srs. Obviously it depends on the amount of compounds, cycle length, compound used, dosage, etc. Why would clomid ever be bought if it wasn't needed.
    Ok, so explain to me when both would be necessary during a pct.

Rather than just one.

Beroo is offline Junior Member
    For most injectables you'd want both. For example if you were cycling test prop for only 8 weeks you'd still want to use both during pct.

If you were doing some PH like epistane or mdrol you can be fine with just Nolva.

Quote Originally Posted by Beroo
    For most injectables you'd want both. For example if you were cycling test prop for only 8 weeks you'd still want to use both during pct.

If you were doing some PH like epistane or mdrol you can be fine with just Nolva.
    Thanks. Appreciate the help.

nakota2k is offline Junior Member
    Intradasting. Never thought to do both

Bump..

antrio1 is offline Associate Member
    I was always told to run both

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    This thread is interesting since I have read hundreds of posts about both, and can't remember one that says only use one.

Is there some controversy that needs to be resolved?

Well, actually the reason I'm asking to settle this "debate" is because someone posted some account of a doctors studies that ran through on cycle, post cycle and everything else in between. According to that, he, among a few others, claimed Nolva should only be used instead of stacking Nolva and Clomid together which could be detrimental.

hannon33 is offline Junior Member
    if you take both right after 12 week cycle of test e then wont you slowly start to loose it all?

Glassjaw is offline New Member
    I was going to start a thread about this myself.

Is clomid necessary? From my research I can't see why it is.

Most people would know that nolva and clomid are both SERM's, and I'm sure most have read that nolva is stronger. ie. 20mg nolva = 150mg clomid.

I've also read that nolva has no estrogenic effect on the pituitary, whereas clomid has a slight effect on it - not good on pct and probably also explains the mood effects it has on a lot of people.

So if both are SERM's, and achieve similar things. And we know from studies that 40mg of nolva is no more effective than 20mg. Why would 20mg of nolva AND 150mg clomid be necessary?? Especially if you consider the est effects on the pituitary.

I'm basing this on research I've done around the net, so I don't claim any of this to be fact. I would like to see a vet shed some light on the subject though.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyNicky View Post
    Well, actually the reason I'm asking to settle this "debate" is because someone posted some account of a doctors studies that ran through on cycle, post cycle and everything else in between. According to that, he, among a few others, claimed Nolva should only be used instead of stacking Nolva and Clomid together which could be detrimental.
    This is interesting; Can anyone reference these studies that were conducted? I was reading about this (don't know where) some time ago...

Graco is offline Junior Member
    Best off running both to be sure, there not very expensive so it's worth it...

Blog Entries
    no debate

Nolva/Clomid

You can eat a hot dog with JUST ketchup.....but why do that when there is a perfectly fine bottle of mustard on the table as well????

Get my drift?

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hannon33 View Post
    if you take both right after 12 week cycle of test e then wont you slowly start to loose it all?
    what are you asking? lose what?

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    I would rec nolva and clomid but if to pick one I think i tend to swing more to CLOMI now than Nolva.

you could always do 10mg nolva 30-40mg clomi for 3-5weeks.

My friend recovered just fine from a bottle of liquid Clomi. I think if your running a very long cycle or using compounds like deca or tren theny ou might want to make it a nolva/clomi combo and possibly add in HCG to the trail end of cycle.

rasc170 is offline Banned
    I have kerocontonus (sp?) and dont wanna risk my eyesight using clomid. Are there substitutes for clomid I can use with nolva?

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
    I was going to start a thread about this myself.

Is clomid necessary? From my research I can't see why it is.

Most people would know that nolva and clomid are both SERM's, and I'm sure most have read that nolva is stronger. ie. 20mg nolva = 150mg clomid.

I've also read that nolva has no estrogenic effect on the pituitary, whereas clomid has a slight effect on it - not good on pct and probably also explains the mood effects it has on a lot of people.

So if both are SERM's, and achieve similar things. And we know from studies that 40mg of nolva is no more effective than 20mg. Why would 20mg of nolva AND 150mg clomid be necessary?? Especially if you consider the est effects on the pituitary.

I'm basing this on research I've done around the net, so I don't claim any of this to be fact. I would like to see a vet shed some light on the subject though.
    I asked the question "why 2 SERMS?" a long time ago and while no studies were cited I was told that Nolva and clomid act on different receptors to block estrogen. Bro science or not I don't know.

RustedIron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyNicky View Post
    Let's end the debate here. Should a PCT consist of Nolva only or Nolva and Clomid.
    Either way, it is important to understand that anti-estrogens alone are inadequate to restore normal endogenous testosterone production after a cycle. These agents ordinarily increase LH levels by blocking the negative feedback of estrogens. But LH rebounds quickly on its own post-cycle, without help.

Thread Information