>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

Arimidex as a pct?!?

Hey broskis and bro-ettes! (lol)

Ive been doing some research on cycles and pct's and have been taking a look at arimidex . In the profiles section, it is stated that arimidex increases test levels, LH and e2 levels as well. It is listed as an AI but says it can be used as a pct from the test and lh and e2 increases as well as it's ability to block estrogen.

Is this correct? If so, why don't I read about people using it for pct? And if so, can you use it from beginning or mid cycle and then increase dosage for pct later? I'm confuses, so please help

nakota2k is offline Junior Member
    courtesy bump, Im curious as well

Hello people? Nobody can shine some light? What the heck man!!!! Lol

Bump

Glassjaw is offline New Member
    I'm no expert, but I think many people use AI's for pct. nolva/clomid/HCG seems to be the most popular though.

Edit: AI's don't increase estrogen, they stop test and other hormones being converted to estrogen, therefore lowering it.

As far as I know, Adex reduces the effectiveness of Nolva (or vice versa). I can't remember by how much (google is your friend here).

If you are considering using an AI on cycle and PCT, I would use Adex on cycle at .25mg EOD then switch to Aromasin for pct starting at 12.5 mg per day. Aromasin has does not alter nolva's effectiveness.

Please keep in mind I am not claiming to be an expert. This is what I have gathered from my research and if one of the vets wants to chime in and correct me feel free.

At least now you have a lead to do some more research OP.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A-Dex is used as an AI during cycle and should be used in small doses from the day you start your first pin. It will keep your estrogen levels in check during cycle. I've seen some people not use an AI at all on cycle but have it on hand and use it only when they see signs of gyno or that there estrogen has gone off the charts. My understanding from them doing this is that they believe it will hinder some of there gains which to some degree is true, but not worth the high levels of estrogen levels IMO.

A-Dex binds to the aromatase enzyme thus preventing testosterone to be converted to estrogen. So A-Dex actually lowers E2 levels, not raises them. I wrote a thread about men using A-Dex solo to raise testosterone levels but if you were to use A-Dex when your estrogen levels were normal then it would lower estrogen even more causing lethargy, erectile dysfunction, and other low estrogen effects. It also would raise your free test levels which would have little to no effect and with the lower estrogen would just cause more problems. Jimmy posted a study of males that took A-Dex solo and even know there was a raise in Test and a lower in estrogen there was no change in body composition at all.

From all my research it is best to run your AI through the cycle and all the way up to PCT then let the SERMs do the work. For example if you're doing a Test E only cycle then you're planning to start PCT 2 weeks after your last pin. You can run your AI from the start of the cycle and through the 2 weeks even after your last pin. Depending on how your E2 levels are which can only be confirmed with BW. The more normal your ranges are by the time you start PCT the faster your recovery will be.

PCT is supposed to be time when your HPTA is regaining its natural function after being shutdown from being on cycle. Taking A-Dex during PCT doesn't allow your HPTA to do its job, instead it shorcuts the natural process.

Hope I got all this correct and cleared up any confusion, I'm sure some vets will chime in.
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 05-21-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze
    A-Dex is used as an AI during cycle and should be used in small doses from the day you start your first pin. It will keep your estrogen levels in check during cycle. I've seen some people not use an AI at all on cycle but have it on hand and use it only when they see signs of gyno or that there estrogen has gone off the charts. My understanding from them doing this is that they believe it will hinder some of there gains which to some degree is true, but not worth the high levels of estrogen levels IMO.

A-Dex binds to the aromatase enzyme thus preventing testosterone to be converted to estrogen. So A-Dex actually lowers E2 levels, not raises them. I wrote a thread about men using A-Dex solo to raise testosterone levels but if you were to use A-Dex when your estrogen levels were normal then it would lower estrogen even more causing lethargy, erectile dysfunction, and other low estrogen effects. It also would raise your free test levels which would have little to no effect and with the lower estrogen would just cause more problems. Jimmy posted a study of males that took A-Dex solo and even know there was a raise in Test and a lower in estrogen there was no change in body composition at all.

From all my research it is best to run your AI through the cycle and all the way up to PCT then let the SERMs do the work. For example if you're doing a Test E only cycle then you're planning to start PCT 2 weeks after your last pin. You can run your AI from the start of the cycle and through the 2 weeks even after your last pin. Depending on how your E2 levels are which can only be confirmed with BW. The more normal your ranges are by the time you start PCT the faster your recovery will be.

PCT is supposed to be time when your HPTA is regaining its natural function after being shutdown from being on cycle. Taking A-Dex during PCT doesn't allow your HPTA to do its job, instead it shorcuts the natural process.

Hope I got all this correct and cleared up any confusion, I'm sure some vets will chime in.
    Thanks Johnny! I appreciate the detailed response as it was very informative. I guess I misinterpreted what I was reading when I read that if effects e2 levels and raises test. I'm trying to understand all of this as best as possible because I have hypothyroidism and it's very important to have all my levels as stable as possible. I have annual BW done and when I read the req. It always tests t4-t3-free t and something else... Those 3 I remember. I don't want to give bad readings from cycling and pct and set off a warning with the doctor

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    Thanks Johnny! I appreciate the detailed response as it was very informative. I guess I misinterpreted what I was reading when I read that if effects e2 levels and raises test. I'm trying to understand all of this as best as possible because I have hypothyroidism and it's very important to have all my levels as stable as possible. I have annual BW done and when I read the req. It always tests t4-t3-free t and something else... Those 3 I remember. I don't want to give bad readings from cycling and pct and set off a warning with the doctor
    Well if he notices something at least you'll know what levels are elevated or suppressed lol. Just don't go do your annual BW when you're in the middle of a cycle, he might shit his pants with the test levels among other things haha.

Lol this is true. I was planning on waiting 4 weeks past pct finish time and then going for the BW. Hopefully by then all levels r good. Or acceptable enough that he won't try to change my prescription

h2o
    h2o is offline New Member
    Could one run arimidex ,clomid and fincar from the start of a Test e cycle til 2weeks after last pin then dropping the adex? What would you recommend for pct? and what does BW stand for? Thanks
    Last edited by h2o; 06-18-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h2o
    Could one run arimidex,clomid and fincar from the start of a Test e cycle til 2weeks after last pin then dropping the adex? What would you recommend for pct? and what does BW stand for? Thanks
    Bw= blood work.

Aside from that I cant answer the rest

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Could one run arimidex,clomid and fincar from the start of a Test e cycle til 2weeks after last pin then dropping the adex? What would you recommend for pct? and what does BW stand for? Thanks
    Yes to Arimadex, no to clomid, don't know what fincas is! Just Arimadex is fine during cycle, also HCG is recommended! Pct for just a test cycle, would be fine with clomid and nolva, 4 weeks of each! Nolva: 40/40/20/20, clomid 50/50/50/50 that means (50mg a day for 4 weeks etc)

h2o
    Thanks JJ and Dooie. I ask bc i ran into this article on the web a few months back read it if it interests you tell me what you think: timinvermont.com/fitness/test1.htm

h2o
    Hey Dooie, The first path testosterone could take would be if 5alpha reductase turns it into DHT. Even though DHT has some beneficial effects on muscle gain, it is highly androgenic . DHT is the main cause of steroid 's two biggest side effects: balding and enlargement of the prostate (i.e.- prostate hyperplasia). You know enough about balding, so I won't explain why you don't want it. Basically, DHT binds to the hair follicle in your head. It causes an inflammation that in turn starves your hair of oxygen. Thus, your hair dies. Having an enlarged prostate is definitely something you want to avoid. The frequent need to urinate aside, DHT has been shown to dramatically increase your chances of getting prostate cancer. So how do you avoid this? Take finasteride. Finasteride (also known by the brand names of Proscar and Propecia) has been shown to inhibit 5alpha reductase from converting testosterone to DHT. Research has shown it to be highly effective in treating and preventing baldness and prostate enlargement. I suggest you use the brand name Fincar. Fincar is made in India. Even though it contains the exact same chemical as Proscar (5mg of finasteride), its cost is significantly less than that of Proscar. I suggest using 1 to 1.25 mg of finasteride a day for every 500mg of testosterone you use. If you have a 5mg tablet, that means using one quarter tablet a day. Prolonged use has shown no adverse side effects in most subjects.

Hey Dooie, The first path testosterone could take would be if 5alpha reductase turns it into DHT. Even though DHT has some beneficial effects on muscle gain, it is highly androgenic. DHT is the main cause of steroid's two biggest side effects: balding and enlargement of the prostate (i.e.- prostate hyperplasia). You know enough about balding, so I won't explain why you don't want it. Basically, DHT binds to the hair follicle in your head. It causes an inflammation that in turn starves your hair of oxygen. Thus, your hair dies. Having an enlarged prostate is definitely something you want to avoid. The frequent need to urinate aside, DHT has been shown to dramatically increase your chances of getting prostate cancer. So how do you avoid this? Take finasteride. Finasteride (also known by the brand names of Proscar and Propecia) has been shown to inhibit 5alpha reductase from converting testosterone to DHT. Research has shown it to be highly effective in treating and preventing baldness and prostate enlargement. I suggest you use the brand name Fincar. Fincar is made in India. Even though it contains the exact same chemical as Proscar (5mg of finasteride), its cost is significantly less than that of Proscar. I suggest using 1 to 1.25 mg of finasteride a day for every 500mg of testosterone you use. If you have a 5mg tablet, that means using one quarter tablet a day. Prolonged use has shown no adverse side effects in most subjects.
    I thought it was a type of finasteride!!
    So yes, arim and fina during cycle, clomid for PCT

Quote Originally Posted by dooie

I thought it was a type of finasteride!!
    So yes, arim and fina during cycle, clomid for PCT
    And nolvadex with the clomid

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe

And nolvadex with the clomid
    Yeah obviously, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by dooie

Yeah obviously, sorry
    Yea I guess I was being a post whore ... I didnt need to add that lol

h2o
    Thanks for the info. If anyone browsed the link i threw up let me know what you thought thanks again H2o.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    AI's should not be used during PCT as estrogen is already very low due to low natural testosterone .

They should be used on cycle (Aromasin 10mg/ED or EOD).

PCT is when SERMs are taken, such as a combinaiton of Tamox/Tore or Tamox/Clomid.

h2o
    Its an honor to get a response from you swifto I read a lot of your comments and posts. Quick question can clomid actually stop natural test from shut down if taken along with cycle or is this just a waste of clomid in ur opinion?

Its an honor to get a response from you swifto I read a lot of your comments and posts. Quick question can clomid actually stop natural test from shut down if taken along with cycle or is this just a waste of clomid in ur opinion?
    An honor? Who is this guy lol. And you threadjacked me!!

h2o
    My bad big homie didn't mean to jack yo sh!t. I been reading and researching on this site for almost 2 years now and just became a member so I been doing my homework. I read a lot of different threads on here and the boy swifto always has good readings and great advice oppose to a lot of other members on board so I was just biggin him up nothing more nothing less. H2o

Swifto was answering justjoe's question anyway!

Lol it's all good homie I'm just goofin around...probably sound like a dick tho, and if so - I apologize for that. I have a habit of saying stuff that sounds funny in my head.

Good luck in your research and thanks for the response swifto and dooie. Appreciate the feedback regardless of who you were answering

h2o
    No you actually didn't brother I apologize I'm new here so if I aint steering str8 i should be checked no biggie. Nice to meet all of you.

Thread Information