RustedIron is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Continuous Nonstop Migraines - Awful pain (Not sure if PCT related or AAS related)

I started another thread about my headaches thinking it was Clomid, but I now know that is very unlikely. I thought I'd start a new thread with a clearer explanation of where I'm at. I've been having nonstop continuous migraines (day & night). It even wakes me in the middle of the night it gets so bad. I can't work. I can't do anything. It's awful.

I'm taking way too many excedrins and ibuprofens. I'm monitoring my blood pressure and it fluctuates from 120s/60s to high 130s/80s. I once saw it go up to 142/84, but never higher than that. I seriously doubt I'm having blood pressure headaches. I've had high bp before and never had headaches from it. Yet alone something this disabling.

Here are all the details of what I've been through (Cycle and PCT)

I did a short 8-week cycle
    Equipoise (400mg/week)
    Winstrol (75mg every other day)

Then I stopped for a week, but kept training.

I began PCT, but quit working out so I haven't been to the gym. I've done some light cardio here and there but the pain is so severe it's hard to do anything. My PCT began like this:
    Aromasin (20mg/day)
    Nolvadex (25mg/day)
    Clomid (50mg twice a day)

After 3 weeks of PCT, I began to get the migraines. I stopped Aromasin first... kept going. Then I dropped Nolvadex... then I dropped the whole PCT. The last thing I took was Nolvadex about 3 days ago. I'm on week 4 of my PCT calendar, and am not taking anything other than:

Tribulus,
    all of my vitamins (especially B & C),
    Co-Q10,
    Metamucil Fiber,
    Omega-3 Fish Oil,
    Liver Support,
    and Garlic.
    Water - I drink enough water to keep me going to the bathroom just about every other hour.

I have some ideas... It could still be the Nolvadex since it has a half life of up to 14 days. It's only been 3 days since my last dosage. It could also be a hormone imbalance, but I do feel my libido already returning and I'm not experiencing depression or gyno, etc. I just haven't read anybody experience these kinds of migraines and for this length of a time just due to hormone fluctuations.

Doesn't add up. It has to be the Nolvadex or one of the other PCT agents right?

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering going to the doctor for pain meds. Any advice there on what to say to the doc?

John Andrew is offline Member
    You take no test? What are you doing. see a doctor!

Finally... I am starting to feel like myself again. Sex Drive... back. Energy....back. Good mood....back. It's been 5 days since my last dose of Nolvadex and Clomid

Lesson learned? Nolvadex kicks my ass. I believe it was the Nolvadex anyways, I'll resume the Clomid now and if no headaches return, then it was for sure the Nolvadex. Question though.... I feel like I'm back to my normal self.. Balls seem right, sex drive seems right... should I keep taking PCT?

John why do you say "see a doctor" with such urgency? What is it you think was causing the headaches?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    How was ur blood pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    How was ur blood pressure?
    It's still somewhat high, but my headaches are nearly gone now. I'm at about 136/82 now. I never saw it go above 144/86. It's pretty clear to me that Nolvadex was causing the headaches. Blood pressure headaches could not have been so severe. These were migraines that most people would have rushed to the ER for. I will never forget it.

I hope my threads will help another unfortunate fellow in the future
    Last edited by RustedIron; 08-20-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Caedus is offline New Member
    Could you try to describe your headaches to me? I'd be curious to know if the pain was exclusively on one side of your head, and -to be more accurate- close to your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
    Could you try to describe your headaches to me? I'd be curious to know if the pain was exclusively on one side of your head, and -to be more accurate- close to your eye.
    It was not exactly behind my eyes. I don't think I've ever experienced that before. For me, it was almost directly on top when it was at its worst. And kind of above my temples. Well...when it was its worst, my entire head felt like it was exploding from inside out. Now I have minor headaches and it's localized on the rear of my head on the right side upper neck. And also above and behind my ears.

Well the headaches are still there. I drink a lot of coffee and take excedrin to help. I'm longing for the day I don't have to take any meds. How long does Nolvadex stay in your system? Is it possible my headaches were a compound of things? High BP + Nolvadex + High Estrogen? Perhaps I have high estrogen now and I'm having female period-like headaches?

stpete is offline Banned
    I had the same exact thing happen to me about 4 years ago. It started late at night and woke me up a few hours later. I thought my head was going to explode and had my room mate take me to the ER. They gave me a Cat Scan but i can't exactly remember what the diagnosis was. I think a vessel was swollen. Anyway, they put me on morphine and it was gone. They also gave me a script for something, i think percocets and i had to take them for 2 weeks following. Then it was gone and never came back.
    But i wasn't cycling at the time. And i've ran all the compounds you ran several times in one form or fashion over the years w/no headaches at all. If it continues i would definetely go see a doctor. I don't think it was AAS related. But that's just me.
    Hope that helps a little.
    Good Luck

Caedus is offline New Member
    As I said before: migranes apparently occur in cycles. How often are you experiencing headaches now, and how long do they last? I'm still suffering but the effects have lessened over the past week. If you believe that high estrogen is a problem perhaps you should run an AI.

So they were completely gone... and they're back. The pain is worst at night and minimal in the morning. But lately it's gradually getting worse altogether. It's everyday.

Is it possible this is a compound of things which led to such severe headaches. Nolvadex just being part of the answer? Now that it's been 10 days since my last Clomid/Nolva dose, my blood pressure remains a bit high 145/84 last night. But it gets down to 123/72 and I still have headaches. So that tells me it could be other things like high RBC since I was on EQ. Or perhaps you're right Cadeus, perhaps it is time to get back on an AI.

Any help fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I had the same exact thing happen to me about 4 years ago. It started late at night and woke me up a few hours later. I thought my head was going to explode and had my room mate take me to the ER. They gave me a Cat Scan but i can't exactly remember what the diagnosis was. I think a vessel was swollen. Anyway, they put me on morphine and it was gone. They also gave me a script for something, i think percocets and i had to take them for 2 weeks following. Then it was gone and never came back.
    But i wasn't cycling at the time. And i've ran all the compounds you ran several times in one form or fashion over the years w/no headaches at all. If it continues i would definetely go see a doctor. I don't think it was AAS related. But that's just me.
    Hope that helps a little.
    Good Luck
    Thanks stpete, did you have medical coverage at the time? I can't imaging how expensive a CAT scan would be without insurance. I wonder if it is a swollen vessel. If all you took was pain meds, then perhaps it's just a matter of time before the pain subsides?

If coffee and excedrin make my headaches go away, does that rule out high estrogen as a cause?

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RustedIron View Post
    Thanks stpete, did you have medical coverage at the time? I can't imaging how expensive a CAT scan would be without insurance. I wonder if it is a swollen vessel. If all you took was pain meds, then perhaps it's just a matter of time before the pain subsides?
    I have insurance yes. Tell you what. I'll check w/the hospital and get the details for you as i don't have the paperwork. I think it was a swollen vessel and had to take the meds till it subsided. I assume they knew the approximate time it would take for the swelling the go down. I just know i was down for several days afterwards then things went back to normal. I didn't even finish taking the meds.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Try a scrip for topamax.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Clomid is well known for causing headaches but I just noticed that its been 10 days since your last dose of clomid,
    Last edited by Far from massive; 08-22-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Noticed time since last clomid doseage.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I have insurance yes. Tell you what. I'll check w/the hospital and get the details for you as i don't have the paperwork. I think it was a swollen vessel and had to take the meds till it subsided. I assume they knew the approximate time it would take for the swelling the go down. I just know i was down for several days afterwards then things went back to normal. I didn't even finish taking the meds.
    Wow that would be really awesome. I would definitely like to learn more about your experience. I'm still having the headaches...

Yea I'm completely off now. How would I know if the headaches were being caused by high estrogen? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Try a scrip for topamax.
    Topamax? Epilepsy medicine right? What's the story behind that suggestion? It sounds like you've experience this yourself

Thread Information