Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366

    Question to older members then myself

    So the older you get the less testosterone you produce right? Does that mean the older u get the less u feel the "lag" of coming off cycle? I know you're still restarting ur hpta but your body is used to the lower levels right? Or am I way off?

  2. #2
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219
    So the older you get the less testosterone you produce right? Does that mean the older u get the less u feel the "lag" of coming off cycle? I know you're still restarting ur hpta but your body is used to the lower levels right? Or am I way off?
    Think of it this way....on cycle I have hit testosterone levels as high as 3500. Off cycle I drop to 182. TRT alone I hover around 400. So ya, a drop from 3500 to 400 or 182 is absolutely noticeable in many ways!!! Lol

  3. #3
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

    Think of it this way....on cycle I have hit testosterone levels as high as 3500. Off cycle I drop to 182. TRT alone I hover around 400. So ya, a drop from 3500 to 400 or 182 is absolutely noticeable in many ways!!! Lol
    I guess I left myself open for that lol I should have been more specific. An older gent (then myself, round say 45) that doesn't not use trt and has 2 maybe 3 cycles under their belt, none of which were insane. After proper pct, ur body still lags a bit before its up to full natural potential. Does it take longer for the body to reach normal levels because if age or do you feel normal (nit like superman as u do wgen ur on cycle lol) faster because your body is to lower levels as prior to the cycle.

  4. #4
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Possibly meaningless thread, just think about things as I'm driving through west Texas with no radio stations available lol

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,153
    I wish I could hit 182 without TRT

  6. #6
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    I wish I could hit 182 without TRT
    I'm guessing it would b safe to say you're from Austin lol do u get ur blood work paid for my insurance or is it relatively cheap? It's about time I get some done from my first cycle. Before I started my first I had it done through a dr. But I kinda fudged it and told him I had symptoms of low t and he got full blood work done. Test, e2, cholesterol, rbc all the good stuff. He told me it all checked out but wouldn't give me a copy.

  7. #7
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    I wish I could hit 182 without TRT
    After my second cycle, without TRT, I hit 72.

    I'm sure my 5 year old some has test levels much higher than that!!!! Lol

  8. #8
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,153
    ^ It's your right to see your bloodwork. Ask for it. Yes, I get BW done regularly. Insurance only covers so much. I get bloodwork done more than the average person, so yeah, it's certainly not "cheap".

  9. #9
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,153
    Yeah 1st time I tested I was told it's "too low to count".

  10. #10
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

    After my second cycle, without TRT, I hit 72.

    I'm sure my 5 year old some has test levels much higher than that!!!! Lol
    Lol do u recall how long it stayed like that?

  11. #11
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

    I guess I left myself open for that lol I should have been more specific. An older gent (then myself, round say 45) that doesn't not use trt and has 2 maybe 3 cycles under their belt, none of which were insane. After proper pct, ur body still lags a bit before its up to full natural potential. Does it take longer for the body to reach normal levels because if age or do you feel normal (nit like superman as u do wgen ur on cycle lol) faster because your body is to lower levels as prior to the cycle.
    It would vary by individual, but in general, shut down is shut down. A PCT (even with HCG in the mix) should restart your levels but I have found personally that recovery is slower AND the rebound is lower - i.e. the natty levels were suppressed below what they had been before cycling. It's possible that in time they may recover close to pre-cycle levels but just how long it would take to reach those levels would be a function of age, pre cycle levels, etc.

  12. #12
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite
    ^ It's your right to see your bloodwork. Ask for it. Yes, I get BW done regularly. Insurance only covers so much. I get bloodwork done more than the average person, so yeah, it's certainly not "cheap".
    I will next time for sure. He let me see it and explained the numbers to me but I don't remember specifics. How much is it per test out of pocket? I want to b safe about it, but I'd like to indulge as lil info as possible (health ins, life ins, family would feel it more then myself).

    How often should I get it tested? Before and after of course but how much on cycle?

  13. #13
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

    It would vary by individual, but in general, shut down is shut down. A PCT (even with HCG in the mix) should restart your levels but I have found personally that recovery is slower AND the rebound is lower - i.e. the natty levels were suppressed below what they had been before cycling. It's possible that in time they may recover close to pre-cycle levels but just how long it would take to reach those levels would be a function of age, pre cycle levels, etc.
    10/4 pretty much answered my meaningless hypothetical question spot on lol

  14. #14
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

    Lol do u recall how long it stayed like that?
    Two months, then I restarted TRT. I couldn't tolerate the lethargy or loss of libido. It wasn't that I had low sex drive, I just felt indifferent about everything - i.e. I just didn't give a damn about anything. It was a terrible feeling.

  15. #15
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

    10/4 pretty much answered my meaningless hypothetical question spot on lol
    There's never a pointless or dumb question. Always worthwhile to ask!

  16. #16
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

    There's never a pointless or dumb question. Always worthwhile to ask!
    My mind wonders quite often and I enjoy obtaining knowledge, I usually find the answers out myself but I figured experience would best answer that question then reading through countless clinical trials if any

  17. #17
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,542
    Had much the same question myself just a few days ago. I looked at it like this, most questions on this forum revolve around gear and pct. That's it. How many people are thinking about what its gonna be like once all that is over? Not too many from what I've been able to find. As far as I'm concerned, its a very MATURE question for you to be asking!!

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...State-of-Being

  18. #18
    ReverendNewman's Avatar
    ReverendNewman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    218
    Well here's my 2 cents. I'm probably a lot older then many up here. Although certainly not as expierienced with many cycles. I did three cycles so far. I went for two blood tests. One, my test was at 1600, 2nd one about 1200. I'm off cycle since mid-July. I felt great, went to the Dr. just for my semi-annual blood work in Sept. and my T was at 24. I wasn't shocked because I knew I was coming off cycle. For me personally, I had no issues. other then a little low libido. My strength was/is still spot in, I feel great, never tired, etc. My diet is spot on as is my training. The only thing my low T score did was freak me out a little mentally. But that's about it. I finished my Nova/Clomid PCT. Now I'll wait for my next blood work right before Thanksgiving to see where I'm at.

  19. #19
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendNewman View Post
    Well here's my 2 cents. I'm probably a lot older then many up here. Although certainly not as expierienced with many cycles. I did three cycles so far. I went for two blood tests. One, my test was at 1600, 2nd one about 1200. I'm off cycle since mid-July. I felt great, went to the Dr. just for my semi-annual blood work in Sept. and my T was at 24. I wasn't shocked because I knew I was coming off cycle. For me personally, I had no issues. other then a little low libido. My strength was/is still spot in, I feel great, never tired, etc. My diet is spot on as is my training. The only thing my low T score did was freak me out a little mentally. But that's about it. I finished my Nova/Clomid PCT. Now I'll wait for my next blood work right before Thanksgiving to see where I'm at.
    Rock solid!

  20. #20
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    You feel coming off cycle no matter what your natural test is. When your using high amounts of test nothing feels normal again.

  21. #21
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    You feel coming off cycle no matter what your natural test is. When your using high amounts of test nothing feels normal again.
    ^^^^ Exactly!

  22. #22
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    You feel coming off cycle no matter what your natural test is. When your using high amounts of test nothing feels normal again.
    Lol I know nothing feels normal when u were once a god and now a mere mortal lol but there comes a point where u level out again and u don't feel like a moody ice cream eating hormonal woman lol

  23. #23
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Is there lol you'll see

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •